Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Bill Connelly previewed A&M today: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/6/17573446/texas-am-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

There's enough in there to convince themselves that there's good reason if they don't impress this year, while keeping the roller coaster going up for next year.

I'm interested to see if their complex offense clicks because Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas are going to put up points if you're constantly going 3 and out. And by interested, I mean interested in watching that plane crash into the side of a mountain.

2 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

I'm interested to see if their complex offense clicks because Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas are going to put up points if you're constantly going 3 and out. And by interested, I mean interested in watching that plane crash into the side of a mountain.

Isd3JCA.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Bill Connelly previewed A&M today: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/6/17573446/texas-am-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

There's enough in there to convince themselves that there's good reason if they don't impress this year, while keeping the roller coaster going up for next year.

Bill lost me when he said their secondary should be a team strength.

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Relative to the other units

The DL and LB should be a decent amount better than the secondary. The problem is analysts looking at things like returning starters and stats and taking them at face value for how good a team/unit will be.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The DL and LB should be a decent amount better than the secondary. The problem is analysts looking at things like returning starters and stats and taking them at face value for how good a team/unit will be.

Truth. I have heard multiple aggy saying that Chattman will be their best corner. Let that sink in.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

That LB group is 1 injury away from being terrible.  The DL has a couple of nice pieces, but Keke playing DE is out of position and depending on Mack to be a starter wont get it done.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That LB group is 1 injury away from being terrible.  The DL has a couple of nice pieces, but Keke playing DE is out of position and depending on Mack to be a starter wont get it done.

Counterpoint: their secondary has no real corners and is dogshit against the pass.

45 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Alaka ain't exactly been a picture of health in college. 

51 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The preview was also written prior to Clemons’ injury.

27 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Counterpoint: their secondary has no real corners and is dogshit against the pass.

Stupid sip, they play SEC football.   They don't need corners, just 10 DTs and a rover. 

Thats why they gave you all those overrated DBs last year, they aren't needed in SECwrtsSECW brand footballs.  The road the the MNC is paved over CS on its way the the SECW.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Stupid sip, they play SEC football.   They don't need corners, just 10 DTs and a rover. 

Thats why they gave you all those overrated DBs last year, they aren't needed in SECwrtsSECW brand footballs.  The road the the MNC is paved over CS on its way the the SECW.  

Well, the SEC team in CS certainly gets paved over a lot....

I’m sure they have been pushing the commit now angle, we’re filling up. You can always take visits later, but may not get a chance later to commit when we’re full.

I expect these guys to take their visits during the season and when Aggy flounders, some will decommit.

• Like 1

Man. How do they sell "the future" with this lineup? At least Texas had the talent. They just need that something something to get over the top. 

Aggy is getting lined up to get drove like your mom last night. Aggy uncommit season is gonna be epic. And then that whole "we are full" excuse is gonna smack some of these kids full in the face. 

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Man. How do they sell "the future" with this lineup? At least Texas had the talent. They just need that something something to get over the top. 

Aggy is getting lined up to get drove like your mom last night. Aggy uncommit season is gonna be epic. And then that whole "we are full" excuse is gonna smack some of these kids full in the face. 

Uncommit season?

Losing out on a couple of the dbs is no big deal because of last year's haul and we've supplemented nicely oos. But losing Leal and Wright seemingly out of the blue when both were considered leans is a nut punch. And the extent to which they are cheating is irrelevant. Whatever they are doing and whatever they are selling is obviously working. Rationalize it away talking about bread and decommit season all you want, but we can't be losing in state head to heads with agricultural like this. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Losing out on a couple of the dbs is no big deal because of last year's haul and we've supplemented nicely oos. But losing Leal and Wright seemingly out of the blue when both were considered leans is a nut punch. And the extent to which they are cheating is irrelevant. Whatever they are doing and whatever they are selling is obviously working. Rationalize it away talking about bread and decommit season all you want, but we can't be losing in state head to heads with agricultural like this. 

Facts!!

• Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

25 commits, how many more they taking?  27?  28?

damn houston nutt for ruining those 37 member classes for everyone. 

and wright reminds me a little bit of brennan eagles - big dude that can run that looks incredible getting off the bus but the production seems a little lower than it should be. crazy high ceiling, low floor kid.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think Wright is more indicative of what's going on at aggy world. By all accounts he was waiting for the UA game to commit. This hurts because, as you said, it's out of the blue but it's hard to get worked up that much about a non day 1 difference maker at wr. Leal otoh...

3 hours ago, bizzle said:

damn houston nutt for ruining those 37 member classes for everyone. 

and wright reminds me a little bit of brennan eagles - big dude that can run that looks incredible getting off the bus but the production seems a little lower than it should be. crazy high ceiling, low floor kid.

I wouldn't worry. Jimbo has a good track record of taking highly ranked WRs and helping them not get drafted.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I think Wright is more indicative of what's going on at aggy world. By all accounts he was waiting for the UA game to commit. This hurts because, as you said, it's out of the blue but it's hard to get worked up that much about a non day 1 difference maker at wr. Leal otoh...

I'm pretty sure aggy told him he could sit front row in the roller coaster.

My greatest fear, which I think is coming true, is that the sleeping giant that is Texas A&M is going to replace Ohio State in the hierarchy of college football, with Alabama the next in line to get crushed by the aggys! 
Believe it or not, I think they're trying to sell this idea to recruits and their families..

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The gigem' site has a topic asking "Would Mond or Starkle start for Texas"? Tarp's response was "After seeing him in the Spring and now fall camp, Mond for sure would".

No sterner test than the aggy secondary while wearing a no-contact jersey, I'll tell you what

• Like 1

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but our QB combo isn’t exactly winning Heismans 

If you think Buchele  /Ehlinger is somehow easily better than Starkel/ Mond , you need to put the kool aid down. Starkel throws a pick 6 a couple times a game but other than that, he can put points on the board. We will see if that was because of the air raid offense or his QB skills more this year with Jimbo’s offense. Mond can’t exactly complete a pass during certain 4 down stretches but sometimes connects. You forget Buchele lost his ability to throw the deep ball, and hasn’t thrown over the middle of the field since Pluto was a planet. Not to mention Ehlinger literally threw 2 game losing picks. Again, I have a minor in mocking Aggy and their delusion but we are sitting in a glass house right now. 

46 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but our QB combo isn’t exactly winning Heismans 

If you think Buchele  /Ehlinger is somehow easily better than Starkel/ Mond , you need to put the kool aid down. Starkel throws a pick 6 a couple times a game but other than that, he can put points on the board. We will see if that was because of the air raid offense or his QB skills more this year with Jimbo’s offense. Mond can’t exactly complete a pass during certain 4 down stretches but sometimes connects. You forget Buchele lost his ability to throw the deep ball, and hasn’t thrown over the middle of the field since Pluto was a planet. Not to mention Ehlinger literally threw 2 game losing picks. Again, I have a minor in mocking Aggy and their delusion but we are sitting in a glass house right now. 

Mond and Starkel are going to have a hell of a struggle in Jimbo's complex offense. Our offense under Beck... well' it's not great, but it's a great deal simpler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I watched Kirk carry their passing game on his back last year. Those qb’s sucked out loud outside of him. They will show it this year with a bunch of jag receivers and a worse OL.

I don't think our QBs have to be Heisman material to hold their own against Mond and Starkel. I'm surprised anyone would lay our offensive problems mainly on QB play last year. We all know it was the OL.

Buechelle could be deadly with average time to pass and Ehlinger showed promise in big games as a true freshman. I think I prefer what our QB competition will produce than what the Aggies end up with.

• Like 1

Starkel vs top 50 S&P+ defenses last year: 

51.3% completion percentage,  4 interceptions, 5 touchdowns, 181.3 yards passing a game. 

Mond vs top 50 S&P+ defenses last year: 

54.8% completion percentage, 3 interceptions, 2 touchdowns, and 117 yards passing a game. 

Both split reps vs Miss State and Auburn. 

Starkel and Mond were absolutely shit against the good defenses they played last year. They looked better against these powerhouse defenses. Ole Miss (#117 adjusted defense), New Mexico (#91 adjusted defense), WF (#65 adjusted defense), Arkansas (#112 adjusted defense), UCLA (#120 adjusted defense), and so on. Starkel in particular was decent to good against shit teams and terrible against defenses with a pulse. 

Edited by texasstrong12