Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Isn’t the number of starts for that Marine special OLine hovering around 10?

IDK, but that line has one pretty good player in McCoy (has snapping issues though), a guy thats been hurt several times in Sutherland, and 3 Mack Brown specials.  Should be fun to watch.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That is known, what is unknown is what will the Northwestern State DL do to them?

I get the feeling aggy will be able to score on Northwestern State, lulling aggy into believing that they only have problems on one side of the ball. It won't be until the Clemson game that they realize they suck at all phases of the game.

Well.... except halftime, of course. 🙄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

The people saying he was 280 are habitual liars.

It could be that on weigh-in day Peveto gave him $400 in quarters to show recruits a good time at the Chucky Cheese.

Edited by rickyspub
I looked it up and $400 in quarters is about 20 pounds...Makes you think.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

Having two interior players as your SDE two deep seems bizarre to me 

Well, I think we just figured out why you're not one of 4 active coaches to have won a national championship. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 4

"On two separate weekends this spring, Marchiol told USA TODAY Sports, he was given hundreds of dollars in cash by linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto to entertain prospects on unofficial visits."
The unofficial vs official visit distinction is interesting because it's obvious A&M has been bending the rules on that distinction since Jimbo got there. That recent BBQ was sold as an unofficial visit put together by the recruits which was total bullshit.
Anyone with a brain knows that BBQ was put together by the staff and was an official visit. 
JFC...did they really try to pass that off as something recruits put together? When in the history of CFB have recruits from various cities/states ever gotten together and organized something like that at a specific school that just happens to have offered all of them? I'm sure it came as a complete surprise to Jimbo when all these recruits threw in their spare pocket change to get BBQ catered in...even Kroger shit isn't exactly cheap.

What do we expect jimbo to say?  

“Truth be told we probably won’t even be bowl eligible.   So best stop buying and planning to come to see us play any home games.    And other than are two fcs games at home.  We won’t win many home games either.   And you know what?   We should just tell our current recruiting class that we suck real bad so they get there alternate plans cued up as well.”

8 minutes ago, ousux said:

JFC...did they really try to pass that off as something recruits put together? When in the history of CFB have recruits from various cities/states ever gotten together and organized something like that at a specific school that just happens to have offered all of them? I'm sure it came as a complete surprise to Jimbo when all these recruits threw in their spare pocket change to get BBQ catered in...even Kroger shit isn't exactly cheap.

There’s also the pictures of Price cooking the BBQ. I’m going to guess no receuit has a receipt of all that meat being purchased 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Yeah,  how the fuck is the marine still employed.  That OL is hot garbage.  The best part is aggy has convinced themselves they will contend this year bc of Jimbo.  Clemson and Bama are going to butt fuck them and aggy will put up a banner in celebration.  

I don't go over to their boards, for better or worse. I keep seeing various folks reference that the aggies believe they are "going to contend" this year. Is this real on their forums? Like do they really see the light coming towards them as daylight? Because it looks like a train from where I am sitting. That depth chart up above is sad. Just flat out sad.

I dont think most think that.....just a minority of them.

What is going to be funny is Lucci has been talking for the past X years about their recruiting classes being championship caliber, hidden gems, able to control the LOS, will be part of the new wrecking crew, electric, wouldn't trade a single one for any horns, competing with Bama and Clemson now, will propel them to the natty, total studs, etc. This year, its Jimbo one of four, best in the country, knows hot to win it all etc.

So when they suck what's the response? Either lucci cant recognize talent (of course he cant) or jimbo cant coach.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Every story has a narrative. They will just try to spin it in a positive light. If they suck this year, you probably will hear “Change takes time. Saban didn’t go undefeated his first year. Jimbo needs better players, give him time to recruit to his system. He’s already proven he can recruit better than Tom Herman. Just wait till next year when this #7 class gets to campus.”

Its a pre-loaded narrative for every first year head coach. 

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't go over to their boards, for better or worse. I keep seeing various folks reference that the aggies believe they are "going to contend" this year. Is this real on their forums? Like do they really see the light coming towards them as daylight? Because it looks like a train from where I am sitting. That depth chart up above is sad. Just flat out sad.

Good Bull Hunting (A&M SB Nation site) predicted 9-3 in their season preview today. I laughed and laughed.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2018/8/23/17763624/previewing-the-2018-texas-aggies

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

"Okeke’s injury cuts into A&M’s depth but as long as the top four players…Otaro Alaka, Tyrel Dodson, Johnson, and Hines…are available, it’s probably not a significant blow."

Yes.  There is no recent history of aggy LBs being hurt (especially Alaka).  I'm sure this will work out fine.  Very little risk here.

That Tarp article is hilarious. The reason Okeke is a significant loss is because Hines and Johnson are gonna have to take some snaps inside. There's no way in hell that Alaka and Dodson can play every snap inside. 

Johnson and Hines are definitely better fits at rover but they have nobody else that can play inside. Okeke is probably their 3rd option at Rover but they were going to absolutely need him this year because the other two rovers (Hines/Johnson) are likely getting reps inside. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

So when they suck what's the response? Either lucci cant recognize talent (of course he cant) or jimbo cant coach.

Wrong.  Billy will shamefully say that Sumlin left the cupboard bare.  Like they do with every other HC change.  He will simply ignore his previous comments.  Easy as that.  Revisionist history is like breathing to those people.  You're giving him WAY too much credit for intellectual honesty.

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

That Tarp article is hilarious. The reason Okeke is a significant loss is because Hines and Johnson are gonna have to take some snaps inside. There's no way in hell that Alaka and Dodson can play every snap inside. 

Johnson and Hines are definitely better fits at rover but they have nobody else that can play inside. Okeke is probably their 3rd option at Rover but they were going to absolutely need him this year because the other two rovers (Hines/Johnson) are likely getting reps inside. 

And wait until 1 or 2 of those remaining LBs get hurt...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Good Bull Hunting (A&M SB Nation site) predicted 9-3 in their season preview today. I laughed and laughed.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2018/8/23/17763624/previewing-the-2018-texas-aggies

Holy shit they pride themselves on being the sensible Aggies and blew it right out of the gate by giving Starkelmotion a 4 out of 5 at QB. aggy gonna aggy.

They also say they're going to "win the old-fashioned way" with good QB play and a ball-control offense despite correctly giving the OL a 2/5.

Giving the cornerbacks, tight ends, and linebackers a 4 is some serious aggy kool-aid. Jesus. 

Did they not watch the Wake Forest game? Yes, players can improve but there's a serious talent issue at corner outside of Oliver. At tight end they have a low 3 star JUCO that's never played a down at this level and another TE that couldn't get on the field at Arizona. The linebackers actually have some talent but there's no way they can be a 4 when there's no depth at all. 

About the only position that should be a 4 or higher is defensive tackle and maybe safety. 

Edited by texasstrong12

29 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The most amazing note about this is the fact that for all the receivers Kevin Sumlin recruited, the Aggies don’t have a single upperclassman wide receiver on the entire roster. Not one! Not even a walk-on. How is that possible??

sumlintoast.gif

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I'm only halfway through this bitch, but so far this is my favorite: 

Helping Fisher out will be new offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey. A one-time Texas A&M graduate assistant under Jackie Sherrill, Dickey comes from Memphis where he ran their offense for the last six years. He took over a program that had averaged 16 and 14 points per game in the two years prior to his arrival and left behind a team that averaged over 45 points per game and was #4 in the nation in S&P+, scoring, and total offense in 2017.

Dickey brings a wealth of experience and knowledge, but he won’t be installing “his” system. Dickey flat-out said that the Aggies will be running Jimbo’s offense. Jimbo will call the plays, and it’s Jimbo’s playbook.

Lol at the Darrel Dickey love affair coming on right out of the gate. And the notion that Dickey has a system. Of any kind. That Philip Montgomery character had no offensive input at all. So, yeah, no fucking doubt they're running Fisher's offense. The only system Dickey has is either chugging crank or organizing practice the way his offensive minded head coach dictates.

44 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Ho. Lee. Fuck. This whole thing:

Defensive tackle: 5

This is where A&M looks like a true SEC power at the moment, with multiple big-bodied linemen that look to have NFL futures. The group has size, athleticism, versatility, and depth. If good defenses are built from the inside out, then A&M has everything in place to be a very good defense.

Linebacker: 4

This is the best looking group of linebackers A&M has had since 2012. Granted, there is a potential depth problem, but the top handful of players, Anthony Hines, Otaro Alaka, Tyrel Dodson, and Buddy Johnson, are a talented, tough, athletic group. They tackle well, they have great instincts, and I expect a good year from the group.

Cornerback: 4

Some may say I’m ranking them too high, but I have very high hopes for a group that is long, rangy, and athletic. A lot of the youngsters got a valuable experience last year, and Mike Elko has about five guys to choose from that could all end up being pretty good. That said, this is the one position that I would be least surprised to see under-perform relative to how I have them ranked.

Safety: 5

Donovan Wilson returns, and few people have proven to have instincts as good as his. The Aggies have depth and talent at the position, but Wilson’s play-making ability is what excites me the most. I’d go so far as to say he’s the one Aggie I’m most excited to watch this year.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I for one am glad GBH is holding Jimbo to a high standard, most other aggie ministries are hedging to not make this hire look as stupid as it was. Based on firing an 8 win coach, not sure how you can expect less wins.

37 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Lol that mattywatty dude is the most homeriffic guy they have at GBH. He thought Mizzou would smoke us because they put up numbers in the SEC

Yeah, he's @mattywatty01 on twitter. He once argued that he never wanted for them to play us ever again because aggy has strong family values while we're godless heathens or some shit. It was one of the most sanctimonious things I've ever seen. Hell, even some other ags were calling him out for it.

13 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I think that was supposed to be Chapman from the 2018 class

Yup. They have a decent white skill position player now so get ready for aggy boners on every 3 yard Chapman checkdown and comments about how he's more gritty and smart than those trash SEC WRs like AJ Brown.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, it's for really-real. Picture the delusion of the Texas fan base prior to Rout 66, and multiply it by a few bajillion. That's the level of delusion we're talking about. The agroid $9.95ers have been trying to dial back expectations over the last couple of weeks, but it's really too late. They too enthusiastically applied theoretically salubrious expectation lifting koolaid all Spring and Summer, and now the roller coaster is set for one of the more spectacular crashes in the history of football fandom.

I can't wait.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yeah,  how the fuck is the marine still employed.  That OL is hot garbage.  The best part is aggy has convinced themselves they will contend this year bc of Jimbo.  Clemson and Bama are going to butt fuck them and aggy will put up a banner in celebration.  

Well, you know aggy takes a LOT of pride losing to those monster secw teams....just ask them.  By them losing to the secw teams, that means they are helping those teams get higher rankings by sacrificing themselves.  aggy logic, I suppose.