Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Check the Hamm thread for his take. 

the tldr version, "I have to be careful because I know the Marchiols very well for years, but they're all liars who set this up with Mazzone and Sumlin.

Sure thing...

Why would a coach like Prevete leave Ole Miss to come here and cheat?

Because they couldn’t cheat anymore at Ole Miss who were now under a microscope and they didn’t have faith in the new coach.

Why would the world class training staff that almost got Koda Martin killed not treat Marchiol's injuries correctly?

Because they aren’t world class and have a history of almost killing players

Why haven't any other players complained about getting paid cash on the side?

How is this a real question?

This is just secondhand accounts and rumors of Marchiol's first hand accounts. Basically, NON-STORY"

LULZ

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Larry Pryor is 212 pounds. The only position he could play is Rover. 

Tyree Johnson at 250 is an option to play inside but it's not like they have much depth at DE. Hell, they already had to move their best DT to DE. 

You must not read Perroni. 

Literally last night: "Defensive Line the deepest unit on the Texas A&M team"

Spoiler

AUGUST OUTLOOK
This is possibly the deepest spot on the team. There are names Aggies have heard, and some they haven't yet. But, several big bodies are geared up to contribute this season. This is where teams have to be deep in the SEC. In a trench-heavy league, A&M has the mass up front to stack up against anyone.

OUTSIDE
Whether starting inside or out, the Aggies have disruptive capabilities everywhere. On the edge, at end, is the known force in Landis Durham. Once a linebacker, he had to replace Myles Garrett a season ago. Durham did it admirably, and proved to be one the SEC's best a getting into opposing backfields.

He's joined by Micheal Clemons at end. The JUCO transfer might carry the most intimidating figure on the squad. Still referred to as 'Cyclops' by his teammates, Clemons can strike fear in most that line up across from him. He did suffer a foot injury this August, but is expected to return.

At this all important spot up front, the Aggies could go three-deep. Tyree Johnson, who put up monster high school numbers, is coming off a redshirt year. So is Ondario Robinson. And look out for a trio of freshman - Bobby Brown, Jeremiah Martin and Max Wright - who could all see time in their freshman seasons. They are impressing in their first camps.

A&M has bodies, but more importantly, capable ones that can give excellent efforts on key downs. The Aggies could be a force off the edge.

2COMMENTS

INSIDE
Just like at end, the tackles are stacked with size and ability. And once again, A&M can go three-deep. It begins with the trio of Daylon Mack, Justin Madubuike and Kingsley Keke. They've all had impressive moments in their pasts.

But, several are on the rise will bring the depth. Keep your eyes peeled for Jayden Peevy and Josh Rogers. Both head into their second seasons in the program, Peevy having seen action throughout 2017.

There's also TD Moton. Heavily-recruited, but seldom-used to this point, he's made his share of plays during August camp. Throw in junior college transfer Mohamed Diallo, part of Jimbo Fisher's first signing class, and it rounds out a robust rotation that can matchup to the Aggies' league brethren.

At end and tackle, there are plenty of names that haven't been heard as of yet, but will speak loud and clear this fall. A&M is ready up front to make their presence felt.

INSIDE AND OUT
Kingsley Keke will play both. He's been rotating, and can man the end and tackle spots equally well. A lighter frame has helped. He played the bowl game at 317 pounds, and is down to 288. The long-armed Keke can get his hands on anybody from anywhere.

When Clemons went down, Jimbo Fisher stated Keke 'can go out there in about 2 seconds.' That's how talented he is.

Keke admits there's a bit steeper learning curve heading outside, but also likes the fact he'll see less double teams on the edge.

With Keke in and out, and the talent and depth the Aggies have at both, this area is expected to become a real strength in a league where it's a must.

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 1

"On two separate weekends this spring, Marchiol told USA TODAY Sports, he was given hundreds of dollars in cash by linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto to entertain prospects on unofficial visits."

The unofficial vs official visit distinction is interesting because it's obvious A&M has been bending the rules on that distinction since Jimbo got there. That recent BBQ was sold as an unofficial visit put together by the recruits which was total bullshit.

Anyone with a brain knows that BBQ was put together by the staff and was an official visit. 

sigh....

I really, really REALLY hate taking the side of the fucking aggy's, but unless Santino can show some sort of proof, considering that he is trying to get an immediate year of eligibility to play for Sumlin again, this story is pretty suspicious. 

if the story was reversed and one of the 3 non-grad guys who just left the program this summer claimed the same shit on us, we would all call bullshit as well.

It would be really an awesome story if true, but without any proof..... I have to side with the fucking ags. 

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

"On two separate weekends this spring, Marchiol told USA TODAY Sports, he was given hundreds of dollars in cash by linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto to entertain prospects on unofficial visits."

The unofficial vs official visit distinction is interesting because it's obvious A&M has been bending the rules on that distinction since Jimbo got there. That recent BBQ was sold as an unofficial visit put together by the recruits which was total bullshit.

Anyone with a brain knows that BBQ was put together by the staff and was an official visit. 

This is true; the recruits could have made better BBQ.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We need some Liucci posts about this soon.

Trust me, his post will make Jeff Snook's essay look like a kock-knock joke from Highlights magazine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

sigh....

I really, really REALLY hate taking the side of the fucking aggy's, but unless Santino can show some sort of proof, considering that he is trying to get an immediate year of eligibility to play for Sumlin again, this story is pretty suspicious. 

if the story was reversed and one of the 3 non-grad guys who just left the program this summer claimed the same shit on us, we would all call bullshit as well.

It would be really an awesome story if true, but without any proof..... I have to side with the fucking ags. 

denial 

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

sigh....

Santino is an adult. If untrue they could go after him for slander or libel or whatever it's called. Because it's true,  you won't hear a whimper. 

34 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

The part that seems to be glossed over is the fact that it was Rumlin who turned this shit over to the NCAA. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving...

True...a nice little fuck you to the aggy sent special delivery from Arizona. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

sigh....

I don’t think so. He seemed to acknowledge in his report that if he lies in his report he can actually lose eligibility. If the whole purpose oh him reporting this is to gain a year of eligibility, Lynne BG does t seem to make sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

True...a nice little fuck you to the aggy sent special delivery from Arizona. 

Don't remember reading that in the article, but maybe I missed it. Thought it said the lawyer let USA Today look at the document before it was submitted?

58 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I don’t think so. He seemed to acknowledge in his report that if he lies in his report he can actually lose eligibility. If the whole purpose oh him reporting this is to gain a year of eligibility, Lynne BG does t seem to make sense.

Exactly. He's definitely got skin in the game here.

4 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

New gomer tradition "follow me to the mens room for a blow...............i mean cash pay out".

I mean. Can they play their entire LB corps in green non-contact jerseys for the rest of practice? Two hand touch? Seriously, who is going to play LB for them? I dont even think they have the secondary personnel to simply switch to dime. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

I mean. Can they play their entire LB corps in green non-contact jerseys for the rest of practice? Two hand touch? Seriously, who is going to play LB for them? I dont even think they have the secondary personnel to simply switch to dime. 

Stupid sip, Won’t matter. Their DTs are so athletic and in shape that no one will get to the second level.

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Don't remember reading that in the article, but maybe I missed it. Thought it said the lawyer let USA Today look at the document before it was submitted?

Yes, you're right but I would presume the kid discussed it with his coaches before submitting the request. And then the coaches had a nice laugh at the coming explosion for aggy. I'm not saying there's any bad intentions, just that Sumlin must have enjoyed the payback at some level.. 

11 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Wow, they figured us out. We forced one coach in the B1G to kill a player, another B1G coach to beat his wife for years (long game), and one player from the SEC to transfer to a Pac12 school and rat out his team for NCAA violations. After the investigate Bezos on antitrust charges, I fear Red is next.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Larry Pryor is 212 pounds. The only position he could play is Rover. 

Tyree Johnson at 250 is an option to play inside but it's not like they have much depth at DE. Hell, they already had to move their best DT to DE. 

Jimbo better be careful or he will be out for the year himself with a knee injury after so much spinning.