Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In this scenario, the likelihood that team B didn’t also pay is approaching null.  Kids, family, or trainers on the take don’t turn down payment from school A to accept nothing from school B. 

Actually it happens all the time. It's super common when let's call it the chain-of-custody changes. 

Example : Player A is from a smaller town where they don't get a lot of recruiting, the assistant coach at the school is young and doesn't really know how the whole thing works, and how to educate the family and interceded before outside forces go to work. So there's a fictional guy, we'll call him AgentJkB. He makes friends with Player A and his parents and touts how he's done this before he knows the game and how to get Player A in front of his favorite schools and coaches.  AgentJkB gets paid a couple hundred by Booster A to have Player A visit School A. Later Player A is invited to School B's JR day. He attends, as does AgentJkB who has his hand out and clearly does not know how the system works, or that School B isn't paying for visits, etc ...  this information is passed to the mother who is pissed AF that her son may not get attention/offers from School B (or School D and E as well) and tells AgentJkB to pound sand. Recruitment plays out over time and Player A signs with School B. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Of course.  But the question is, if a team is recruiting a player cleanly, and they find out or suspect he is being recruited dirty by another team, can they still recruit him cleanly with no worries or do they have to back away?

Depends on who is running the recruitment and if there's a way to bypass certain influencers. If you can bypass and the player is worth the trouble sure. If there isn't a way, well then you have Marcel Brooks. Marvin Wilson. Marquez Beason. Baron Browning, etc ...      

What about this scenario.

A current aggy commit ends up signing with Texas.  He plays in 2019.

Then in the summer of 2020, a video is obtained by the NCAA from the summer of 2018 of Jimbo handing him a bag with $50,000 in cash, and the audio has the player saying "I agree to accept this money in exchange for signing with Texas A&M".

I understand the player and Jimbo would be in trouble.  Would Texas be in trouble?  Would those game he played in be potentially forfeit and Texas have sanctions?  Does the school accept responsibility for their players actions even though they were not involved in the impropriety?

2 minutes ago, Yesh said:

What about this scenario.

A current aggy commit ends up signing with Texas.  He plays in 2019.

Then in the summer of 2020, a video is obtained by the NCAA from the summer of 2018 of Jimbo handing him a bag with $50,000 in cash, and the audio has the player saying "I agree to accept this money in exchange for signing with Texas A&M".

I understand the player and Jimbo would be in trouble.  Would Texas be in trouble?  Would those game he played in be potentially forfeit and Texas have sanctions?  Does the school accept responsibility for their players actions even though they were not involved in the impropriety?

That's what keeps teams from turning other teams in. In your scenario, Texas could not have won that recruitment without offering something to the player.

30 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Didn’t Ricky Seals-Jones claim he got paid $150k to go to aggy (or a similar amount)?

I thought I remembered something like that as well. Whatever it was, there was definitely a good reason Mack backed right the fuck away from that recruitment. Eric Dickerson's nephew gonna Eric Dickerson.

8 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I thought I remembered something like that as well. Whatever it was, there was definitely a good reason Mack backed right the fuck away from that recruitment. Eric Dickerson's nephew gonna Eric Dickerson.

Supposedly RSJ’s people were hitting up Texas for money after his injury and Mack eventually got ticked off and cut ties. At least that was the narrative being floated on the shag in the years afterwards, so grain of salt.

1 minute ago, Jojen said:

Supposedly RSJ’s people were hitting up Texas for money after his injury and Mack eventually got ticked off and cut ties. At least that was the narrative being floated on the shag in the years afterwards, so grain of salt.

Thanks - wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the way it went down.

Demani update from Sayles ::

Demani Richardson had successful surgery to repair a torn meniscus this morning. He'll now prepare for a couple months of rehab. Expecting him to be back and running full speed -- and cleaning clocks as a hard-hitting safety -- by sometime in the spring.

It's not looking like he will be able to enroll early at A&M ... but he's still very solid with his pledge.

So he's rehabbing for the next couple of months but can't get the classroom stuff done in time to EE? 

20 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Demani update from Sayles ::

So he's rehabbing for the next couple of months but can't get the classroom stuff done in time to EE? 

If he's not enrolling early and he won't be ready until "sometime in the spring", how is this motherfucker going to be "cleaning clocks as a hard-hitting safety" at that point? Is he Terry Tate's heir apparent?

6 hours ago, Bevo said:

That's what keeps teams from turning other teams in. In your scenario, Texas could not have won that recruitment without offering something to the player.

But see Eric Dickerson. A&M bought him a gold Trans Am, and he signed with SMU. They didn’t give him anything. I know this because they said so and he agrees. So like two against one. Because sometimes... well, circumstances change. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, VaHorn said:

But see Eric Dickerson. A&M bought him a gold Trans Am, and he signed with SMU. They didn’t give him anything. I know this because they said so and he agrees. So like two against one. Because sometimes... well, circumstances change. 

Ha. Hey man, what he fuck? Are you claiming that SMU didn’t give Dickerson improper benefits to jilt ATM and head to Dallas? I assume you can’t be this clueless. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VaHorn said:

this begs the question; in all the times aggy has been put on probation, who turned them in and what was the first domino, so to speak?

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

With Jadon Haselwood's decommitment from Georgia, A&M is now #1 in the composite. Put it on the wall.

That is amazing, and aggy is going to go fucking nuclear with this shit. They will literally soil themselves across the state once this news becomes public knowledge. It will be gruesome and glorious at the same time. 

In what world, however, does aggy, with 1 questionable 5-star, 13 4-stars, and ELEVEN fucking 3-stars surpass Georgia with their FOUR 5-stars, 11 4-stars, and only 3 3-stars? That shit makes no sense, and the composite ranking puts way too much emphasis on the total number of commits. Not that any of this shit means dick, and we all know aggy will get passed multiple times before signing day. It is just stupid for that class to be ranked #1.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, Yesh said:

Remind me again how this works.

Player (or family or associate) accepts benefit from someone associated with Team A.  Player then goes on to sign with Team B.

In this scenario I am certain that both the Player and Team A can be penalized.  But does Team B also have liability?

Eric Dickerson says Hello... Man.. VaHorn beat me to it.

Edited by TexasBeta

Roller coaster recruiting. Half a class of bread plus half a class of four-stars with composite #1 at the top. #1 ranking draws attention from other teams to shop for and negative recruit aggy commits. On-field performance vindicates claims made by competing teams about aggy. The cream of the blue chip part of the class thins significantly in December, as only the die-hard moroons stay locked down. Final ranking is high enough to set the stage for next year's ride. Aggy enjoys reminiscing about their greatest win from last October: their mid-cycle national recruiting championship. Meanwhile, the bread settles in for five years of whoop-ee while the rarity of combined character and talent in the others becomes increasingly apparent.

10 hours ago, Sejjr said:

That is amazing, and aggy is going to go fucking nuclear with this shit. They will literally soil themselves across the state once this news becomes public knowledge. It will be gruesome and glorious at the same time. 

In what world, however, does aggy, with 1 questionable 5-star, 13 4-stars, and ELEVEN fucking 3-stars surpass Georgia with their FOUR 5-stars, 11 4-stars, and only 3 3-stars? That shit makes no sense, and the composite ranking puts way too much emphasis on the total number of commits. Not that any of this shit means dick, and we all know aggy will get passed multiple times before signing day. It is just stupid for that class to be ranked #1.

Dude relax. They won't stay there by a longshot. This is peak roller coaster. Remember, it is October now. 

imgur

11 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Morons use recruiting class rank mid-cycle.*Look at average stars until classes are done. They're 11th or so in average. They have 25 commits, so the total looks good. When everyone else fills in, they'll be pushed down...like always.

* This is why you see it so much with A&M.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Truth
  • Like 1

I have no clue why A&M isn't going after JUCO DL/LBers. 

1- They lose 3/4 starters on the DL (Durham, Mack, and Keke). After Madubuike they have very limited experience returning. Tyree Johnson has 6 tackles and Bobby Brown has 5 tackles on the season. 

2-They better pray that Dodson doesn't leave early. Alaka is #1 in tackles and Dodson is #3 in tackles. If Dodson leaves early they are screwed because they really don't have another mold on the roster that can play inside in Elko's system. Almost everyone else on the roster is a fit to play rover. 

3-A&M's defense is going to see a lot of turnover after this year. 5/6 of their top tacklers are for sure gone in Alaka, Capers-Smith, Durham, Wilson, Keke. It could be all 6 if Dodson leaves early.