Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

they don't want to risk losing to Texas themselves. But they want to be able to claim some kind of "extra" win when we lose. Ergo, conference pride.

I liked this:

In 2008, you fucking idiots played two teams in your own division that finished in the Top 5 in the AP (combined MOV over you, 78 points), lost to the third national title contender from said division (Tech finished 11th nationally), and lost by 28 to the 4th place team. You also played Miami FL OOC. 2004 had Utah, Pitt, and Va Tech all on the OOC and Nebraska from the North along with Texas and OU. 

Who the fuck remembers aggy schedules like this?

26 minutes ago, Goodman said:

That's a good take. Is this the kid who many do not believe will make the grades?

Looking at his offer list, he's not that highly recruited (his brother plays for UGA, hence that outlier). I thought it was that he was smaller than his listed measurables?

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Just committed: https://247sports.com/Player/Ainias-Smith-90304/

Their Marcus Banks replacement, no doubt.

Isn't this the guy that Perroni or one of the other Aggy sunshine pumpers mentioned as a potential CB commit for them and then got attacked by all of the Aggy rubes for thinking that mighty ATM would have to settle for someone of that little caliber?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Attrition not quite what they were expecting - or is it a class breakdown where they need to take another position?

Don't know about transfers, but they're going to have a LOT of juniors declare for the draft (even those who are going to be late-round picks).  Sternberger, McCoy, Williams, maybe even Rogers are all declaring.  They may also have some guys on D declare.

Our questionable early departures from last year will pale in comparison.

• Like 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

Don't know about transfers, but they're going to have a LOT of juniors declare for the draft (even those who are going to be late-round picks).  Sternberger, McCoy, Williams, maybe even Rogers are all declaring.  They may also have some guys on D declare.

Our questionable early departures from last year will pale in comparison.

I wonder if this is more Jimbo pushing guys out - or are they Sumlin loyalists who aren't interested in the regime change (similar to our guys last year).

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I wonder if this is more Jimbo pushing guys out - or are they Sumlin loyalists who aren't interested in the regime change (similar to our guys last year).

The guys declaring for the draft are definitely in the latter camp, just like our guys last year.  They're guys that aggy would LOVE to have back next year (just like we would've loved to have Deshon, Malik, Connor Williams, and Holton Hill this year).

I’m not at the computer right now so it’s a pain in the ass to search but from my shitty memory - I think they need 13-15 in attrition just to get to that 26 for this season and they have something like 31 juniors so the 2020 class is going to be tiny unless they face savage attrition next year as well. 

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That'd be pretty hilarious if he tried to push out his 4 best players

• Like 1

They lose so much and they will 100 percent have quite a few transfers just to get to the 85 scholarship limit.  One thing we’ve learned is that a senior filled team will always be better than a team led by freshman and sophomores no matter how talented they are.  Aggy will struggle big time next year.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I mean, we're losing 5 of our starting front 6, too, but at least we didn't sit around holding our dicks with LB recruiting like they have.

Their front 6 is much more talented. It’s the only group that’s more talented than ours. 

It’s going to be tougher to replace their front 6 because of the talent loss. Alaka and Dodson are better than any of our LBers. Keke would also start on our DL. 

Outside of Omenihu I’m not sure we’re actually losing much talent. Granted, inexperience and all that. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, Fud said:

Has that been mentioned by their mods/insiders? 

Nah. But it’s a name I’ve seen posters throw out as potentially leaving early. Madubuike is probably their most talented DL with the most NFL upside if he can stay healthy. 

Just a question of if he’s a year away from maximizing his draft value. 

A&M won this year due to ball control, coaching from Jimbo/Elko, and a lot of luck, especially in regards to injuries. They could run the ball well and used playaction (especially to Sternberger) and RB screens for most of their big plays, and they were one of the best against the run in the country. 

Losing almost their entire defensive front, and potentially arguably their four best players on offense, is going to be brutal for them with next year's schedule. 

With their roster number issues, I'm not even sure if they'll be able to fill holes with grad transfers. 

They'll need Mond to have an Ehlinger type of jump at QB

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M won this year due to ball control, coaching from Jimbo/Elko, and a lot of luck, especially in regards to injuries. They could run the ball well and used playaction (especially to Sternberger) and RB screens for most of their big plays, and they were one of the best against the run in the country. 

Losing almost their entire defensive front, and potentially arguably their four best players on offense, is going to be brutal for them with next year's schedule. 

With their roster number issues, I'm not even sure if they'll be able to fill holes with grad transfers. 

They'll need Mond to have an Ehlinger type of jump at QB

They’re going to be ranked high in the preseason too. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are Hines & Buddy Johnson their only LBs on scholarship right now?

I don't remember seeing any other LB's on the field for them all year.  Alaka, Dodson, and Buddy were the only bn ones that played I think.  That's what happens when you don't sign a single LB last year.

12 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

When do we hear about Williams or McCoy? Have to think those guys are gone?

Yep.  McCoy would be a huge loss as he's the only OL they have worth missing.  If he leaves I'm guessing next years Center will be Colton Prater, Matthews, or Clement.