Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The GOAT Finebaum caller, Tammy from Clanton passed in November? I have no idea how I missed that. 

https://www.al.com/news/2018/11/paul-finebaum-regular-and-auburn-superfan-tammy-dies-in-horrific-us-280-crash.html

Yeah, that sucks. I hope her family has all the resources they need to get through this terrible time. And just before Christmas, too. 

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, that sucks. I hope her family has all the resources they need to get through this terrible time. And just before Christmas, too. 

Finebaum did some half ass tribute to Tammy that was a couple minutes long. He doesn't have much of a show without her. He made his bones on Tammy and Phyllis yelling at each other on local radio in Alabama. Obviously he trolls his callers, but he also takes advantage of them. The resident Aggy caller Matt from San Antonio sounds like he's developmentally delayed. Haha, yeah all Aggys are slow, I get it, but this kid isn't all there. I'm sure daddy98 from Magnolia is burning up the phone lines trying to get on. Why not take his call instead?

By the way, the UGA tears are extra salty. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Finebaum did some half ass tribute to Tammy that was a couple minutes long. He doesn't have much of a show without her. He made his bones on Tammy and Phyllis yelling at each other on local radio in Alabama. Obviously he trolls his callers, but he also takes advantage of them. The resident Aggy caller Matt from San Antonio sounds like he's developmentally delayed. Haha, yeah all Aggys are slow, I get it, but this kid isn't all there. I'm sure daddy98 from Magnolia is burning up the phone lines trying to get on. Why not take his call instead?

Oh man, I would kill to listen to Daddy98 haha. I admit I've never listen to Pawl, so I didn't even know who she was. Maybe Matt IS Daddy98, which would explain his lack of intelligence.

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

https://imgur.com/a/Mn7tLBQ

i rest my case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch has been pushing the "Jimbo backed off" narrative, which even the goobers at gigem247 are finding hard to believe.

I know aggies are an odd, moronic, cultish lot, but it takes a special form of myopic stupidity to believe that ATM backed off of Marcus Banks while Bama went in on the guy. ATM would turn tricks behind the WagABag for commitments if it helped them find LBs and CBs that are worth a shit. I guess if anyone could pull off that level of stupidity, aggies could. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I know aggies are an odd, moronic, cultish lot, but it takes a special form of myopic stupidity to believe that ATM backed off of Marcus Banks while Bama went in on the guy. ATM would turn tricks behind the WagABag for commitments if it helped them find LBs and CBs that are worth a shit. I guess if anyone could pull off that level of stupidity, aggies could. 

Just look at what they'll be trotting out next year.  Buddy Johnson, who may be decent, we'll see.  2 guys coming off missing all year with injuries in Hines and Okeke.  After that?  Walk-ons and that Pennsylvania LB they paid for 4 hours after arriving for a visit.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

DwMTbQVU0AA2bna.jpg

It's a strange cultural tradition to just make stuff up. Actually, they make stuff up once and then just repeat the same story bent to whatever new event they're trying to spin. 

Another familiar one over the years is about how Texas Assistant Coaches show up at high school coaches' offices, put their feet up on the desk and ask for someone to bring them coffee. I've seen that lie about Mack's staff and even Strong's staff. Same fucking story.

I think the Aggies may be idiots.

• Haha 1

Reads like someone got outbid. 

I wonder how it went with the money this year. Aggy boosters gave them a sum and no said this is all you get. So Slender Man & Boobs McGee went out early and got them some big name players. They wanted their money to stretch a little, so they got some northeastern nobodies and one or two southwestern nobodies to add some solid meat. Finally, they blew their wad on an instate WR. When Bama starting picking apart their LB & CBs, they didn't have any money left to counter. I could be way off, but you never know. 

Mama Banks' demands:

5 AC power outlets
Adequate lighting for a "relaxed atmosphere"
White drapes to cover lockers and/or brick
1 Humidifier
1 Large throw rug — plush and animal print (Cheetah, Leopard) … must be CLEAN, as she will walk on it barefoot.
Pipe and Drape the room in Dark Blue or Black drapes with Icy Blue Chiffon draped nicely on top
6 Candles — Archipelago Black Forest (if you can't get these, please let me know ASAP as we have a 2nd choice of candle for Ri).
4 Small, clear, square vases with White Tulips, no foliage (2nd choice: White Casablanca Lilies no foliage, 3rd choice: White Freesia, no foliage)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I'm not a lawyer but these comment feel a bit libelous to me.

Probably not.

Libel/slander must be statements of present fact.  The poster says that "someone else told him" X thing.  That, in and of itself, probably precludes it from being actionable.

Further, the final sentence says "I'm sure the story will come out and we'll know how much of it is true," which is a statement by the speaker indicating he does not know whether/if any of the statement is true.  That, too, prevents that statement from being considered a statement of present fact.

Here's a similar example: "Word on the street is that Brewster left aggy because he and Jimbo Fisher ended their 10-year long gay love affair.  No idea if that's true.  Just passing along what I'm hearing."  Nothing in those three sentences is presented as fact, even though I'm definitely trying to give them impression that Brewster and Jimbo are star-crossed lovers.  And they may be star-crossed lovers.  But I don't know whether they are or not; I'm just passing along the "word on the street."

Well that and the fact that the post doesn't necessarily imply any legal or moral wrongdoing on the part of the mother. The "list of demands" could be anything, including things like playing time or a guaranteed 4-year scholarship or other perfectly legitimate requests.

Obviously we know the entire episode never happened, just saying there's nothing libelous in that post at all.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Mama Banks' demands:

5 AC power outlets
Adequate lighting for a "relaxed atmosphere"
White drapes to cover lockers and/or brick
1 Humidifier
1 Large throw rug — plush and animal print (Cheetah, Leopard) … must be CLEAN, as she will walk on it barefoot.
Pipe and Drape the room in Dark Blue or Black drapes with Icy Blue Chiffon draped nicely on top
6 Candles — Archipelago Black Forest (if you can't get these, please let me know ASAP as we have a 2nd choice of candle for Ri).
4 Small, clear, square vases with White Tulips, no foliage (2nd choice: White Casablanca Lilies no foliage, 3rd choice: White Freesia, no foliage)

Forgot the bowl of m&m's with no yellow ones in it. Those are the worst.

Just now, Butch Had Not said:

Forgot the bowl of m&m's with no yellow ones in it. Those are the worst.

That was in Van Halen's rider, and it was brown M&Ms--not yellow.  Since we've had other people doing Van Halen facts on the recruiting board recently, here's one for you since you brought this up.  Turns out, Van Halen put that in their rider, so they'd have a quick and dirty way of figuring out whether a venue had actually read the rider.

This is from David Lee Roth's autobiography:

Van Halen was the first band to take huge productions into tertiary, third-level markets. We’d pull up with nine eighteen-wheeler trucks, full of gear, where the standard was three trucks, max. And there were many, many technical errors — whether it was the girders couldn’t support the weight, or the flooring would sink in, or the doors weren’t big enough to move the gear through.

The contract rider read like a version of the Chinese Yellow Pages because there was so much equipment, and so many human beings to make it function. So just as a little test, in the technical aspect of the rider, it would say “Article 148: There will be fifteen amperage voltage sockets at twenty-foot spaces, evenly, providing nineteen amperes …” This kind of thing. And article number 126, in the middle of nowhere, was: “There will be no brown M&M’s in the backstage area, upon pain of forfeiture of the show, with full compensation.”

So, when I would walk backstage, if I saw a brown M&M in that bowl … well, line-check the entire production. Guaranteed you’re going to arrive at a technical error. They didn’t read the contract. Guaranteed you’d run into a problem. Sometimes it would threaten to just destroy the whole show. Something like, literally, life-threatening.

The folks in Pueblo, Colorado, at the university, took the contract rather kinda casual. They had one of these new rubberized bouncy basketball floorings in their arena. They hadn’t read the contract, and weren’t sure, really, about the weight of this production; this thing weighed like the business end of a 747.

I came backstage. I found some brown M&M’s, I went into full Shakespearean “What is this before me?” … you know, with the skull in one hand … and promptly trashed the dressing room. Dumped the buffet, kicked a hole in the door, twelve thousand dollars’ worth of fun.

The staging sank through their floor. They didn’t bother to look at the weight requirements or anything, and this sank through their new flooring and did eighty thousand dollars’ worth of damage to the arena floor. The whole thing had to be replaced. It came out in the press that I discovered brown M&M’s and did eighty-five thousand dollars’ worth of damage to the backstage area.

Well, who am I to get in the way of a good rumor?

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

That was in Van Halen's rider, and it was brown M&Ms--not yellow.  Since we've had other people doing Van Halen facts on the recruiting board recently, here's one for you since you brought this up.  Turns out, Van Halen put that in their rider, so they'd have a quick and dirty way of figuring out whether a venue had actually read the rider. 

This is from David Lee Roth's autobiography: 

Much like the McDonald's coffee lawsuit, it's the quintessential story that sounds frivolous in synopsis and is revealed to have actual merit once you dig down a bit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Much like the McDonald's coffee lawsuit, it's the quintessential story that sounds frivolous in synopsis and is revealed to have actual merit once you dig down a bit.

I've also heard on this very board that Van Halen is doing another tour soon, with Michael Anthony on bass.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I've also heard on this very board that Van Halen is doing another tour soon, with Michael Anthony on bass.

I've always enjoyed the Van Halen story on how "Jump" came to fruition, including the part about David Lee Roth basically being driven around Malibu while smoking weed and working on the lyrics. They were fucking genius and nuts before the chick from The Wedding Singer wore their concert shirt, jinxed them, and broke the band up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

What’s happening here? 

Seems like maybe you Jumped in at the wrong time.  There's been an Eruption of Van Halen talk.  Why, you ask?  Well, You Really Got Me.  But Right Now, that's what we're doing.  I guess maybe I'll Wait until we're back on topic for recruiting.  But at least we Ain't Talking Bout Love, right? 

To get this thread back on topic (I realize that I'm the one who derailed it), I've heard that this year's Elite 11 final will be played in PANAMA.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Seems like maybe you Jumped in at the wrong time.  There's been an Eruption of Van Halen talk.  Why, you ask?  Well, You Really Got Me.  But Right Now, that's what we're doing.  I guess maybe I'll Wait until we're back on topic for recruiting.  But at least we Ain't Talking Bout Love, right? 

To get this thread back on topic (I realize that I'm the one who derailed it), I've heard that this year's Elite 11 final will be played in PANAMA.

Can we just finish what we started?

• Like 1

I'd be grateful for a synopsis of what has happened in A&M recruiting since early signing.

It looks like they lost Banks at a Van Halen concert, but I'm not sure if they've lost out on some of the other guys they thought they had lined up.

Thanks in advance. Congrats to the poster that had horrifying sex with my mother at a Van Halen concert.

• Like 1