Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

5 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

So hes basically saying somebody is paying him. 

No smoke here NCAA. Nothing to see here. 

It’s possible that he means he is getting paid to visit or attend aggy, sure.

It’s also possible he is referring to his NFL aspirations and is referring to “The Marine” supposedly putting so many people in the leave. (Which is a joke imo)

It could also mean he is getting paid elsewhere as well.

I put my money on the first option. If he makes it past the weekend and goes on his other visits I think he sticks.

They feed these guys the same crap we do about life after football and the alumni network.  They do it on steroids though with how their alumni network “takes care of its own”.  And it’s true aggies do tend to hire people just because they are aggies over other criteria like whether they are the most qualified for the job among a wide range of candidates. 

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They feed these guys the same crap we do about life after football and the alumni network.  They do it on steroids though with how their alumni network “takes care of its own”.  And it’s true aggies do tend to hire people just because they are aggies over other criteria like whether they are the most qualified for the job among a wide range of candidates. 

Stupid sip,

There's no criteria as good as aggy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

And it’s true aggies do tend to hire people just because they are aggies over other criteria like whether they are the most qualified for the job among a wide range of candidates. 

Or if their IQ is higher than a cucumber’s.

Quite a number of times, I’ve seen aggies use the aggie angle to take advantage of their brethren who always trust other aggies. It’s idiotic. No offense to any of you, but I’ll hire the best and most qualified every chance I get. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Or if their IQ is higher than a cucumber’s.

Quite a number of times, I’ve seen aggies use the aggie angle to take advantage of their brethren who always trust other aggies. It’s idiotic. No offense to any of you, but I’ll hire the best and most qualified every chance I get. 

No shit. I had a boss at my old company who was an ACU grad. Crossed any candidate off the list if their answer to "Why should I hire you?" was any variation of "Because I'm an aggie!" (and that is nauseatingly popular as an answer). I left that company shortly after he did, because that policy died when he moved back to Abilene.

15 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

People need to forget about Shepherd. Whether he comes here or not, he needs work. He wouldn't start for us for 2-3 years, and that's IF he can stay focused or not be a bust. I've written the kid off. If he comes here, great. If not, meh. 

What kind of work? Footwork?

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

He needs to watch the movie Animal House. "Being fat and dumb is no way to go through life, son".

the quote is "fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to got through life , son."

and I disagree. i've been doing a practical application of this lifestyle, and i'm very pleased with the results.

• Like 4

Y'all are crazy.

I still want him. The guy is really talented.  Apparently, he's reshaped his body so that shows a willingness to work and a level of discipline. Plus he can play G/T.

I don't care that he's flakey.  Most 18-year-olds are.  

He's the exact type of clay we need to give to Yancey.  

I don't know where he'll be 3 years from now.  Whether he's at Texas or somewhere else or if he cant cut it and transfers out.

But from a talent perspective if he goes somewhere else its a big loss imo.

17 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Y'all are crazy.

I still want him. The guy is really talented.  Apparently, he's reshaped his body so that shows a willingness to work and a level of discipline. Plus he can play G/T.

I don't care that he's flakey.  Most 18-year-olds are.  

He's the exact type of clay we need to give to Yancey.  

I don't know where he'll be 3 years from now.  Whether he's at Texas or somewhere else or if he cant cut it and transfers out.

But from a talent perspective if he goes somewhere else its a big loss imo.

If flakey was his only issue, this wouldn’t be a conversation. The guy has a plethora of red flags. OL development is all about a guy’s mental makeup and Sheperd’s is About as bad as you can get in that regard.

This has turned into an aggy vs longhorn dick measuring contest. Herman has said he wants certain kinds of guys. This guy has shown hes not that kinda guy. But we still want him. Just to deny him to aggy. 

This is a perception thing. We are willing to take a dirtbag nutcase for a moral victory in state vs aggy. 

And aggy wants him 1, cus they need him. But 2, cus they want to continue the message that they own the state. 

Its a no win situation for texas. We lose him, aggy wins. 

We keep him, we take a ticking timebomb. Someone who thinks its ok to lay hands on staff. A cancer. 

24 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Most of the excess shit is between his ears and it’s not going anywhere. 

So he's not going to change and mature in college.  This is who he is?

Maybe.  I don't know. But that seems like a bit of a stretch from a message board poster to posit.

I don't care to die on this hill fighting you maniacs but I think he's definitely the type of guy you take a chance on.  

Like I said who knows if it works out or not.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

This has turned into an aggy vs longhorn dick measuring contest. Herman has said he wants certain kinds of guys. This guy has shown hes not that kinda guy. But we still want him. Just to deny him to aggy. 

This is a perception thing. We are willing to take a dirtbag nutcase for a moral victory in state vs aggy. 

And aggy wants him 1, cus they need him. But 2, cus they want to continue the message that they own the state. 

Its a no win situation for texas. We lose him, aggy wins. 

We keep him, we take a ticking timebomb. Someone who thinks its ok to lay hands on staff. A cancer. 

That is all kinds of hyperbolic. The guy has a chance to be a really good player. He has the tools to become a great player if he wants to put in work and be a good teammate. He is worth the risk in a down cycle at OL.

if he is a bust, we should take 4-5 next year in a much deeper class and the guy gets buried and or transfers. If he is good he will play early, possibly as a soph.

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

That is all kinds of hyperbolic. The guy has a chance to be a really good player. He has the tools to become a great player if he wants to put in work and be a good teammate. He is worth the risk in a down cycle at OL.

if he is a bust, we should take 4-5 next year in a much deeper class and the guy gets buried and or transfers. If he is good he will play early, possibly as a soph.

Whats hyperbolic mean?

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The issue with your strategy of “well if he is a bust let’s just take more numbers next her to compensate” is we do not have that luxury. It looks like we are going to have a numbers crunch next year and have to sign a smaller class. In a year where the state is much deeper in talent and Texas is in a much better position for that talent, we cannot afford to be hastefully launching scholarships at future busts like this guy. 

We need to be in a position to gorge on a talented 2020 class and taking guys like this just make is harder. 

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Not to mention, the kid isn’t openly stating he is getting paid by a school. Every kid in the social media era has said they’re trying to get paid in some variation at some point when referring to the “business decision” that is picking a university. So let’s all stop being overtly dramatic and quit pretending we wouldn’t love to have a talent like Shepherd.

Unless that pic was 'shopped, HipHop was right; he looks fit and ready for Yancy to make him into a road grader.  He's a kid, yeah, we would prefer he was more mature.  As long as we are sure of his academic qualification I am all for him being a Longhorn.   There are so many great things about our alma mater and Austin to drive him to be great, I hope we bring him in to the fold.