Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd be grateful for a synopsis of what has happened in A&M recruiting since early signing.

It looks like they lost Banks at a Van Halen concert, but I'm not sure if they've lost out on some of the other guys they thought they had lined up.

Thanks in advance. Congrats to the poster that had horrifying sex with my mother at a Van Halen concert.

Mowery and Ellison are potential non-qualifiers. They had a Marcus Banks replacement, Ainias Smith, commit to them, but it's unclear whether they're actually going to take his commitment. They might outbid LSU for Devonta Lee.

More names will pop up out of nowhere, I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Obviously we know the entire episode never happened, just saying there's nothing libelous in that post at all.

I know it is undoubtedly a legally moot question, but it seems to me that in a purely aesthetic sense, implying that Jimbo and aggy do not "function like that" is a whopper of monumental proportions. Maybe not enough of a violation for Judge Judy, but unquestionably enough for St. Michael. 's all I'm sayin'.

4 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Probably not.

Libel/slander must be statements of present fact.  The poster says that "someone else told him" X thing.  That, in and of itself, probably precludes it from being actionable.

Further, the final sentence says "I'm sure the story will come out and we'll know how much of it is true," which is a statement by the speaker indicating he does not know whether/if any of the statement is true.  That, too, prevents that statement from being considered a statement of present fact.

Here's a similar example: "Word on the street is that Brewster left aggy because he and Jimbo Fisher ended their 10-year long gay love affair.  No idea if that's true.  Just passing along what I'm hearing."  Nothing in those three sentences is presented as fact, even though I'm definitely trying to give them impression that Brewster and Jimbo are star-crossed lovers.  And they may be star-crossed lovers.  But I don't know whether they are or not; I'm just passing along the "word on the street."

How much do we owe you?

5 minutes ago, RabidM said:

If his bama and Georgia offers are commitable, I doubt he ends up in state.

It could be that the kid just wants to be recruited. He didnt take any OVs before NSD1. Now he wants to take trips after the season and when everyone is desperate for him so they pull out all the stops. I cant tellif he has his hand out or if he is just an attention seeker. Maybe both. Maybe none. Maybe go fuck myself.

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Not to mention Cosmi will be drafted, and probably Kerstetter. 

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

Not to mention means mentioning it a lot.

You can say that again!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

Not to mention means mentioning it a lot.

You can say that again!

Stop trying to be all up in my mentions.

The great Jimbo has him as his top target because no decent back gave him the time of the day lmao.  That's not to say Spiller isn't good, just that you don't rank him high just because Jimbo offered him.  Yeah, Barton has to be regretting doing that on their board.  

With regards to Javonne, this is a kid that will have his trainers in his ear about transferring the minute the coaches are tough on him or he's not getting playing time.  Recruits with this much drama almost 99% of the time end up at juco to be never heard of again.  

Edited by victory88

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

With regards to Javonne, this is a kid that will have his trainers in his ear about transferring the minute the coaches are tough on him or he's not getting playing time.  Recruits with this much drama almost 99% of the time end up at juco to be never heard of again.  

I don't even care about this one anymore.  Glad all the other recruits in this class were drama free and our two 2020 commits look to be locked in as well.

I mean, I stopped paying 24/7 a long time ago. But the level of fucking anger of their recruits and the dismissal of an entire business product is just fucking mind blowing. "They should start their own site." Jesus I wish. Much like Sic 'Em 365 these fucks can be told all their recruits are amazing and then they'll really be baffled when they get their asses kicked on the field time and time again.

Also, I hope all that rage is on the actual QA thread. I wouldn't imagine Barton Simmons is above holding a grudge against these guys going forward whenever he reasonable can...