Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That's cute. Hey Perroni, remember when DeShon Elliott was a Unanimous All-American for us while Larry Pryor and Justin Dunning completely flamed out at A&M? Bet you weren't complaining about their respective rankings then.

image.png

Did 247 own up to that?

Like I said, it's clown show over there.

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

star rankings still don't mean shit, and neither do aggy opinions

Star rankings are several orders of magnitude more meaningful than aggy opinions. While star rankings have only a loose correlation to reality, aggy opinions are so divorced from reality as to be essentially the Jackson Pollack of cognitive coalescence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Man aggy was so happy and laughing at us taking Elliott.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/New-ESPN-300-Look-for-Composites-to-possibly-shift-28169593/

I`m sorry but if you think Elliot is a better safety prospect than Dunning, Pryor, or Deionte Thompson, then I don`t place any stock in your evaluation of talent. Elliot MIGHT be better than Pryor or DT at LB, but I think Dunning is twice the athlete and linebacker that Elliot will turn out to be.

morons

• Like 2

They are trending to finish this class more upset at Owens' ranking than their #3 ranking.

Then, Shepherd will flip and they'll finish it on the narrative that they are owning tu in recruiting.

Whatever floats their boats I guess, since they aren't winning anything of importance on the field.

Every fanbase is unhappy about the perceived under-ranking of one of their own, but the utter anger displayed by Aggy towards any upward movement by Texas commits is comical. It's quite fascinating. The affect of the consistent ridicule by others while your big brother is praised often can't be underestimated. Should make for a fascinating research case study.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I'm assuming this is the same poster now whining about Tyler Owens being ranked higher than their safety commits, right?

image.png

Learning from mistakes is not an A&M tradition.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

It's sad how predictable all of this is for those guys man...World telling you something you don't want to believe? Well, shit, lets just ignore it and double down by joining an Ag only ranking system made by Good 'Ole FIghtin' Texas Aggies! They'll tell us the truth, and in no way will we be living in an echo chamber completely lacking of any diversity of thought! Why be challenged and develop much needed critical thinking skills when we can just sit on our stumps and gaze forever at our own navels?

They think they're superior but this is literally the same shit that the Baylor rape zealots did when they eschewed 247 and started their own website where they can enjoy shaming and assaulting women in the comfort of their own worldview. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

star rankings still don't mean shit, and neither do aggy opinions

They roughly are meaningful but it gets really stupid with ratings like 0.9236 vs 0.9116 (we have four significant digits of "good high school football playerness"?) and averaging out entire classes and ranking them based on averages of these weird numerical ratings. And people act like it is a big deal that their recruiting class is ranked higher by a few arbitrary thousandths of a point.

The star rankings are better but still there is a huge amount of variation between different three star players. Some are nearly elite while others are marginally big time D1 players. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Speaking of which... 

“Seeing the unbias” 

JFC aggy. It’s unbiased! I literally had to go back and undo autocorrect just to type that quote out 

You’re an embarrassment to our state. If you really want to be SEC so bad, why don’t you relocate your shithole of a school to the Southeast?

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

Do they understand that if Texas is taking bad football players that it will show on the field and should help them in future years?   And that if Herman and crew are bad evaluators then they have the advantage.   They should be saying "haha those idiots in Austin think they are getting good players and they are believing the $9.95ers - dummies" 

But instead they are concerned with winning something that doesn't matter- finishing with an .004 better avg in an arbitrary numbering system.

I guess that's why i'm not an Aggy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Do they understand that if Texas is taking bad football players that it will show on the field and should help them in future years?   And that if Herman and crew are bad evaluators then they have the advantage.   They should be saying "haha those idiots in Austin think they are getting good players and they are believing the $9.95ers - dummies" 

But instead they are concerned with winning something that doesn't matter- finishing with an .004 better avg in an arbitrary numbering system.

I guess that's why i'm not an Aggy.

They have no shot of ever winning something that does matter, so they live for stuff that doesn't.

• Like 2

I just had a moment of clarity.  If I accidentally shot and maimed, or killed someone while cleaning a gun, unloading, whatever.  I would probably never use the word, shoot, kill, or maim again.

With aggy constantly referring to big dumpster fire, bdf etc. you'd think with their history they would refrain from using the word "fire" or any phrase that contained the word.....but, aggy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I just had a moment of clarity.  If I accidentally shot and maimed, or killed someone while cleaning a gun, unloading, whatever.  I would probably never use the word, shoot, kill, or maim again.

With aggy constantly referring to big dumpster fire, bdf etc. you'd think with their history they would refrain from using the word "fire" or any phrase that contained the word.....but, aggy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5692313

The whole offer list argument is just terrible.  A recruit has to report an offer in order for it to become public knowledge.  If a recruit is locked in 100% with a school or not social media active they probably aren't reporting all offers they get.  Or don't even get offers because when another coach calls they tell him they are firm with their original school and not to waste time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looks like he was just at Miami, too. What's his recruitment been like?

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is Alabama not interested anymore?

Bama is processing him.

A&M might be the team to beat for the LB from Tennessee if the Vols land Henry To'oto'o.

Talking about this guy - https://247sports.com/Player/Christopher-Russell-46055435/

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is Alabama not interested anymore?

Didn't want to sign early because he wanted to take more visits, and so Bama replaced him with Banks 

Havent been following him closely, but for awhile LSU was confident in landing him