Tim Crowder 🤦‍♂️

Irieguy

10 hours ago, Keller said:

As a former gymnast I can say that what Simone was dealing with is not a depression thing but more of a "oh shit none of this feels natural anymore" thing.    For me, it was only for one event but i was never the same on that apparatus.    Was just fucking around doing reverse giants, peeled, flew off the high bar at about a 40 degree angle, flew past the mats and broke my arm.    Highbar went from one of my best events to my worst overnight.     I broke 2 arms skating and had no problem going back on rails after both of them, but in those instances i knew what went wrong.     Just flying off the bar completely unexpectedly fucked my head up when it came to anything involving reverse or mixed gripped moves.  

Development of the prefrontal cortex/frontal lobe.  I’ve read that, generally, it fully develops at age 25 such that one starts to really consider the consequences of the actions they take.  I remember starting to think at around that age that I can’t (or shouldn’t) continue to do the dumb shit dangerous things I did as a teen or my early 20s.

Biles is 24.  I wasn’t surprised to hear her last week basically say fuck that, I can get seriously injured if I carry on while not feeling/thinking it.  Good for her.   She also talked about feeling the aches and pains more and taking more time to recover at her age now.   Sounds very much to me like a  maturity and understanding of herself now.  Likely even more reasons than just that, but that’s enough on its own to make the decision she made.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Did Tim finish his degree? Was it in Brain Scientistness? You never know, he might be the world's #1 authority in depression, brains and bird law. 

You had me until you got silly and threw in bird law.  Only one man will be the #1 authority on bird law for the foreseeable future and it ain't Crowder.  

No one thinks you’re a pussy if you have a fucked up knee, elbow, if you have asthma, or 20/40 vision. But if your brain, our most important, complex, & least understood organ doesn’t function quite right, you’re just a weak little bitch that needs to get over it. Never made sense to me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

No one thinks you’re a pussy if you have a fucked up knee, elbow, if you have asthma, or 20/40 vision. But if your brain, our most important, complex, & least understood organ doesn’t function quite right, you’re just a weak little bitch that needs to get over it. Never made sense to me.

If you can’t see it, it ain’t broke. Shrodingers cat.

12 hours ago, futureman said:

I think you guys need some help. and I’m pulling for you. both of you. 

What the fuck do you know about battling with mental health issues?

Clearly, if you'd ever encountered the soul-sucking dregs to which depression, anxiety, PTSD, or anything else can take the person dealing with them, you wouldn't be trying to apologize for this shit-take or defend it in the slightest. So, fuck you and fuck tim crowder.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Now now... I'm sure Crowder did exhaustive work into how we are discovering that certain people are more genetically predisposed to develop mental illnesses ... from depression to eating disorders to anxiety, etc.

I am sure Crowder also exhaustively researched the biological components of many mental illnesses ... the specific parts of the brain that are involved or the evolving treatment for certain mental illnesses. Treatment protocol like Repetitive Transmagnetic Cranial Stimulus (rTMS) which even health insurers are beginning to pay for, or polychromatic light therapy treatment.

On the other hand, he might simply be an uninformed, self-absorbed jackass.

23 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Dude you are worse than AIDS.

23 hours ago, TexArcher said:

You don't cure depression by realizing that it's all in your head.  That's bullshit amateur psychology from a guy who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

23 hours ago, Eggo said:

God shut the fuck up. Worst troll ever. 

21 hours ago, Droopy said:

Are you FCB?

You are all negged for quoting futureman.

Put him on ignore. And then don't quote him so the rest of us don't have to see his nonsense trollery.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

What the fuck do you know about battling with mental health issues?

Clearly, if you'd ever encountered the soul-sucking dregs to which depression, anxiety, PTSD, or anything else can take the person dealing with them, you wouldn't be trying to apologize for this shit-take or defend it in the slightest. So, fuck you and fuck tim crowder.

You too. Don't quote the obvious troll.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2021 at 8:39 PM, futureman said:

well you know some people say happiness is a choice. if that’s true then depression is a choice as well. 

It's amazing how much information is easily available and yet dullards never pick it up. Pro tip, chief - sadness <> depression.