2nd worst loss of the last 2 years: a vent thread

GreenspointTexas

37 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Tough loss for us but we need to keep playing as it's still a young season. 

This is really the only sane way to look at it.

But gawdalmighy that was such a pitiful performance.  And it had so much in common with other bellwether performances under the last couple of inadequate coaches.

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t accept mediocrity but I’m not even sure that describes TX football anymore. We got worked by a team that will probably finish 5th in its own division 

I doubt that Arkansas will finish that low. They played very well in every phase of the game. That said, we have inexplicably bad luck in hiring coaches and staff and recruiting.

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Recruiting momentum - gone

Sark Good will - gone

We lost to a 5-win arky team. 

even herman would have done better

The upside is this 5 win Arky team will beat  aggy based on their shit show gosh. My God the incoming I got on Facebook was unreal from those pecker hands not realizing how bad their “win” today is.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I doubt that Arkansas will finish that low. They played very well in every phase of the game. That said, we have inexplicably bad luck in hiring coaches and staff and recruiting.
This was their fuckin superbowl, they wont even beat aggy with a soggy Calzone behind center and an O-line just as porous as ours.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
25 minutes ago, El Squared said:

This was their fuckin superbowl, they wont even beat aggy with a soggy Calzone behind center and an O-line just as porous as ours.

I watched aggy and Colorado. They are bad, Arkansas will beat them silly. Yes piggy got up for this game, but why couldn’t we? Why didn’t we adjust in game to our known shitty weak ass OL, and scheme around it , or at least try? Then again , it matters not what happens to piggy the rest of the season, they were just much, much better than us, and that’s what sucks. They didn’t get lucky, or favorable game altering calls by corrupt refs, they just soundly beat our ass, and we will struggle to get to bowl eligibility with this year’s team if this game is any indication.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, El Squared said:

I watched aggy and Colorado. They are bad, Arkansas will beat them silly. Yes piggy got up for this game, but why couldn’t we? Why didn’t we adjust in game to our known shitty weak ass OL, and scheme around it , or at least try? Then again , it matters not what happens to piggy the rest of the season, they were just much, much better than us, and that’s what sucks. They didn’t get lucky, or favorable game altering calls by corrupt refs, they just soundly beat our ass, and we will struggle to get to bowl eligibility with this year’s team if this game is any indication.

scheming around a shitty OL is REALLY hard to do with a pedestrian QB.

10 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I think beginning the Tom Herman era with a home opening loss to Maryland was worse, but this was a top 5 "worst loss" for sure

Worse than Rout 66?  Worse than the string of 50-point shellackings that OU put on us?  Worse than losing to Kansas?  I can think of many, many worse losses than this.

Man I started seriously watching college football during the 2004 VY era. I got spoiled very early on. The Charlie Strong-Kansas loss to me hurt worse than this. However, this one was up there with the 2010 UCLA game. I finally thought this was the coach to get us where we need to be. He still could be but this loss is embarrassing. This is not a comparison AT ALL but Saban did lose to LA-Monroe at home in his first season at Alabama. Sark isn't Saban but even the best coach of all time lost to a terrible team his first year. This loss to me is at least on par with the Louisiana Monroe loss that Bama had. 

I bet the Aggies beat em.

And they did get some luck.

Crawford being out of bounds by an inch or two on the fumbled punt. That’s incredibly lucky.

FG off the upright and in.

If the dead ball shot to Cards knees is called, it’s 1st and 10 inside the 20. Instead we miss a 51 yarder. It was 3-0 at that time.

Which leads to dickers blocking his own punt.

It’s 23-7 when the blow to Bijans head is made.

So that may not be blatant but the little things went in their favor.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Even if the Rice and Kansas losses were "worse" I still haven't felt this bad after a high-profile game since probably the Miami Cotton Bowl. 

For some reason it's not affecting me all that much. I'm pretty sure that's only because it's Sark's second game as head coach.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Squared said:

Im startng to believe mostly recruiting...These players get knocked down once and just give up...Maybe the coaches could teach them to be tougher and meaner, but 2 staffs now and same story...The players have to have some drive or ambition to get better and just seems like a lot of them aren't trying or don't care too much about losing...Maybe it's just the culture too...Seems like Texas has had the soft label for years, even some of the years Mack had them winning 10 games, they were somewhat soft, but nothing like now..

Edited by Azbadlands

But gawdalmighy that was such a pitiful performance.  And it had so much in common with other bellwether performances under the last couple of inadequate coaches.

What's sad is that it has very little in common with our worst performances under Herman.

Herman wasn't going to get us there and needed to go, but I don't remember a single game where we were clearly out of it by the third quarter. Almost every loss was a game we could have won, but didn't.

This was much more of a Charlie Strong style loss, and tbh that is what's worrying the shit out of me this morning. Unless Arkansas has made monumental improvements since last year, we may be really, really bad this year. Maybe the former is true, but I wouldn't bet on it right now.

If Sark can't even have us performing at Herman levels, we're already fucked.