College basketball coaching carousel: 2024 edition

Machinator

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not that familiar with Kings personnel or organization..... is it a good situation for Luke??

Divac is getting the James Dolan/Isaiah Thomas treatment by Kings ownership. He was hired as a consultant and was immediately give all decision making power. George Karl, cousins, and a GM all gone in his first 2 years on the job. But they got buddy Heild, willie caulie-Stein, Fox and z-bo so I guess you could say it’s just flaming bag of poop and not a full on dumpster fire. I wouldn’t want to be within 2 hours of Sacramento. The bay just happens to be about 1.5 hours away. 

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Is Sean Miller really going to survive?

Or will they bring Luke home now?

I don’t think Miller even thinks he’s going to survive based on his speech to the crowd at the last home game. Luke would probably be a great pick up for them and for him as long as he could recruit. 

7 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Divac is getting the James Dolan/Isaiah Thomas treatment by Kings ownership. He was hired as a consultant and was immediately give all decision making power. George Karl, cousins, and a GM all gone in his first 2 years on the job. But they got buddy Heild, willie caulie-Stein, Fox and z-bo so I guess you could say it’s just flaming bag of poop and not a full on dumpster fire. I wouldn’t want to be within 2 hours of Sacramento. The bay just happens to be about 1.5 hours away. 

Thanks..... Looks like Luke just took the job.

Not sure I would take Kings job if I were Luke.....

On 4/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, Jhawk said:

Other than the fact that people who paid attention knew he would be the GM in function when hired, he had prior scouting and front office experience, and that you left out him acquiring Bogdanovic for basically nothing, Harry Giles with a late first, Barnes for scraps, and the Bagley pick not looking nearly as bad as it did at the time, this was a great summary.

i don’t think anyone is saying Divac is a brilliant GM but your Isaiah Thomas comparisons and summarizing his period of time there as a flaming bag of poop are just way off. He’s built a really solid core there in just two years that has a lot of potential moving forward.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Other than the fact that people who paid attention knew he would be the GM in function when hired, he had prior scouting and front office experience, and that you left out him acquiring Bogdanovic for basically nothing, Harry Giles with a late first, Barnes for scraps, and the Bagley pick not looking nearly as bad as it did at the time, this was a great summary.

i don’t think anyone is saying Divac is a brilliant GM but your Isaiah Thomas comparisons and summarizing his period of time there as a flaming bag of poop are just way off. He’s built a really solid core there in just two years that has a lot of potential moving forward.

Thx...... interested to see how this works out for Luke and the Kings. 

Would be really enjoyable if the Lakers continue to be a dumpster fire, something like this.....

giphy.gif

Look every one knows he’s dirty.  You don’t say what he said on the phone otherwise because there’s no other rational explanation.   What it came down to was the admin did not want to pay for a protracted legal battle that might end up costing even more if they lost.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx...... interested to see how this works out for Luke and the Kings. 

Would be really enjoyable if the Lakers continue to be a dumpster fire, something like this.....

giphy.gif

Vivek was a former co-owner of the Warriors before he bought the Kings. Beyond that, he's been obsessed with basketball analytics since he started watching and paying attention to the game. From the Kings' standpoint hiring a former Golden State Warrior staff member was a no brainer. They probably would've traded for Walton (or anyone from the Warriors' staff) if they could've

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Barnes admits that if UCLA would have paid his buyout he would have left Tennessee. I don’t want to say UCLA is cheap because they have certainly gotten better than that reputation, but they clearly had a top dollar and stuck to it regardless of where that put them on their list for candidates who would accept. 

9 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Barnes admits that if UCLA would have paid his buyout he would have left Tennessee.

Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, “When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?”

I thought about it, and even though it’s over, I’m going to tell my wife about the affair.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, Machinator said:

Wonder what Buzz's buyout is since jimbo doesn't have a buyout??

Buzz probably agreed to a buyout clause, but if not and aggy AD leaves...... could Derka's wish for Buzz to Texas happen in a year or two???

giphy.gif

Wow..... just kidding Derka 

Edited by LTtxfan

A 4-star recruit just committed to us. I assume Boynton assured him he's staying put. He's about to sign the best recruiting class in school history and all of last year's contributors are returning. If he really wants to move back to the east coast, he'll have better options if he can get this group winning over the next few years. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:56 PM, LTtxfan said:

Just not the guy a lot of folks expected to be hired at St John's.  Not sure he will be able to recruit that well in the northeast... 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26559801/mike-anderson-named-st-john-head-coach

luckily college basketball's not one of those sports where recruiting makes much of a difference, it's more about having a Major Winning Tradition like the East Coast media loves to remind us St Johns once had

PS Lou Carnesscca is still alive

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11799888

I need to watch that movie again.

Idk what it is about him but I never liked him from the minute I saw his pre-game press conference against Tech in the 2nd round this year. Never got the same feeling from any of the other opposing coaches, all class, but that guy seemed like a weasel.

• Pancho changed the title to College basketball coaching carousel: 2024 edition