Texas BBQ

Washpark

Tyler's ( Amarillo) beef rib with their jalapeno creamed corn.   With a Saint A's Guten Tag to wash it down. Did carry out and got it out of the pan at the house about 20 minutes  later.  The pic kind of misses on the nice color of the meat, as it appears dry in the photo.  It was anything but...

Tyler-s.jpg

Edited by slorch

yep.  Thursdays are M&C day.  He'll do bacon M&C, green Chile M&C, and usually a 3rd one.

I don't talk about sides very much because IMHO, that's not the focus; but I could eat a quart of their green beans( chock full of bacon, onion, and seasoning) all by themselves.  That creamed corn today was great.

flame away - Delta Blues BBQ Webster, TX (Pappas owned)

boudin appitizer - very good smoked boudin with crackers and mustard 

bbq salad - smoked turkey and pulled pork, both were excellent, just delicious. the salad part was also very well done. my customer ordered brisket on his and it looked on point.

unsweet iced tea - i had three glasses

100% i would go back and try some more items. highly recommend 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

bbq salad - smoked turkey and pulled pork, both were excellent, just delicious. the salad part was also very well done. my customer ordered brisket on his and it looked on point.

I have not been to Delta Blue's so can't flame on the restaurant choice.  I do find your selection of meal items at a bbq restaurant odd, other than the boudin.

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

A brisket salad?   What in the actual fuck?  

Stiles Switch BBQ and Brew in Cedar Park on 1431, set to open up on Friday.  I don't love the one down on North Lamar but I've had some good food there on occasion, so I'll give this one a shot.  

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Stiles Switch BBQ and Brew in Cedar Park on 1431, set to open up on Friday.  I don't love the one down on North Lamar but I've had some good food there on occasion, so I'll give this one a shot.  

Stiles Switch is good, it's just not great (thought beef ribs are pretty terrific).  It is consistent, and they always have 'que.  

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

How many meat can you get on your salad ?

I like to go to bbq places that let me decide on how much salad comes with my meat. I choose 0% salad.

Not me. I like to pretend a side salad with light Italian dressing cancels out a serving of pork spare ribs and whatever cheese soaked casserole I’m eating.