NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

2.  If you've never seen CSU's David Roddy, then you've missed the funnest player in the game.  6'5" 255lb guard who... doesn't look anything like a basketball player.

Tech's KJ Allen checks in at 255.  He's like a "less dominant Barkley."  He's been getting more minutes the last few games. He has a high motor for a "fat guy."

15 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Arizona is a good team.  One that can win it all.

Watching the game, I found myself thinking they might be my bracket pick this year.

5 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Looking forward to their 2nd round exit 

Watching the game, I found myself thinking that's exactly what will happen after I pick them in my bracket this year,

• Haha 3

Students painted the words atop the university gymnasium, which became known as Bear Down Gym, and soon-to-be band director Jack K. Lee wrote the fight song, “Bear Down, Arizona.” Bear Down became synonymous with being a Wildcat

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Students painted the words atop the university gymnasium, which became known as Bear Down Gym, and soon-to-be band director Jack K. Lee wrote the fight song, “Bear Down, Arizona.” Bear Down became synonymous with being a Wildcat

Appreciate it Slorch. Beat me to it. 

10 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

“#BearDown?” Aren’t they wildcats?

Strong tallest midget energy in that tweet.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Also, the other reason they say Bear Down. This is from arizona.edu

Why do we say "Bear Down" if we're the Wildcats?

In 1926, John Byrd "Button" Salmon, our student body president and quarterback, was critically injured in a car crash. His last words to his coach were, "Tell them ... tell the team to bear down."

Today, this simple two-word phrase is a rallying cry that embodies the spirit of our university.

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bama loses by 16 at home to Aggy lmao

Oats is still a bitch

That's the most Bama result ever. 

They've now lost to Iona, Memphis (when they were sucking), Davidson, Missouri, Georgia and aggy. I'm not sure there's been a more bipolar team in college basketball. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

They've now lost to Iona, Memphis (when they were sucking), Davidson, Missouri, Georgia and aggy. I'm not sure there's been a more bipolar team in college basketball. 

I would say in-game Auburn is the most bipolar team in America. Last night, in Starkville, the Tigers were up 19 in the first half. State cut into the lead before the half.  To open the second half it took Auburn seven minutes to score five points. In OT Auburn scored 20 in five minutes.

At times, with a sizable lead, they are atrocious.

They can win it all, or lose the first weekend of the NCAA. 

On a side note, I still like Ben Howland. And I did not know that Garrison Brooks went from UNC to Mississippi State for this season. 

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jeckyl and Hyde, but bi-polar fits even better.  They were up at the half when I began watching and proceeded to turn the ball over 3 or 4 straight possessions leading to Aggie buckets. 

13 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

I'm pretty sure Bama blew Baylor away when they played earlier this year in SEC Challenge.  

This team is ridiculously hot and cold.  No consistency. 

19-11 record (NET #25)

9 point win over Gonzaga (NET #1)
1 point win over a fully healthy Houston (NET #3)
5 point win over Tennessee (NET #9)
3 point win over LSU (NET #16)
9 point win over Baylor (NET #4)

4 point loss to Iona (NET #78)
14 point loss to Memphis (NET #41)
1 point loss to Davidson (NET #43)
2 point loss to Miss St (NET #56)
6 point loss to Georgia (NET #205)
16 point loss to A&M (NET #57)

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Me too.  He's still a hell of a coach.  Starkville is a damn tough place to have any real success.

He was a good dude. I didn't like the way he left Pitt for UCLA. I have no problem with a coach lying to the media but, don't lie to the players. I covered his first Pitt team in the Big East Tournament and we lost to Villanova in the first round, the late game.

My deadline was somewhere in the first half so I had to have pretty much all of my story done before halftime. I was able to phone in a couple updates at the end. At the hotel Coach Howland and I were on the elevator and talked a bit. I told him that if they were wearing football helmets that I would have had a much better idea of what they were trying to do out there. I also told him about the deadline and that would explain why the story was going to be crap. He laughed.

• Haha 1