Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Every time I think this board cannot sink any lower, you dipshits up the ante and totally redeem yourselves. What a fucking terrible turn this thread has taken. 

I thought CTJ was overreacting when I just saw the quote, turns out it was the opposite. This place is the Mos Eisley of the internet.

I guess you can debate whether it counts as a 2nd RB or not (for Giles accounting purposes), but you always wanna look for a hybrid-role guy who can change the game. A speedster guy like mookie or smith who can also take some carries. A pass catching RB who can run routes too like whittington, especially with the direction we are headed on offense.

3 minutes ago, BevoBuck14 said:

I guess you can debate whether it counts as a 2nd RB or not (for Giles accounting purposes), but you always wanna look for a hybrid-role guy who can change the game. A speedster guy like mookie or smith who can also take some carries. A pass catching RB who can run routes too like whittington, especially with the direction we are headed on offense.

I'd say Campbell qualifies.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11554164/5bc3fa468cdf1b0c4cbb4545

Landon Jackson may be trending aggy.  He's visited them the previous 2 weekends and is said to be committing in the fall. 

Burris probably goes where he goes.

Adeleye is probably going to be a roller coaster recruitment and it looks like we aren't going to offer his QB pal.

Thomas, Banks, and Sanders may be the 3 DL for this class we are in the beat spot for currently.

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Landon Jackson may be trending aggy.  He's visited them the previous 2 weekends and is said to be committing in the fall. 

Adeleye is probably going to be a roller coaster recruitment and it looks like we aren't going to offer his QB pal.

Thomas, Banks, and Sanders may be the 3 DL for this class we are in the beat spot for currently.

Landon Jackson is an Aggy legacy right? 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That does not equal how many games and how many times he has visited us. They are playing catch up and if committed today it would be Texas 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-Weekend-round-up-breaks-down-new-Texas-offers-132900755/

From Roach:

—2021 Pearland running back Brandon Campbell was offered shortly after performing in front of Tom Herman and Stan Drayton. Campbell called Texas his dream school on Twitter, and he’s been to Austin several times during the spring. Texas already sits in a good position with elite running back prospect Camar Wheaton, and they offered LJ Johnson as well. Campbell is a bit of an all-purpose back who brings a different skillset to the field.

—New Caney linebacker Derrick Harris Jr. was offered as well after making it in for an unofficial. Sources say that Todd Orlando is one of the stingiest coaches on staff when it comes to handing out offers, so Harris picking one up this early says something about his ability. The state of Texas has been in a drought of producing quality linebacker takes, so the Longhorns must do what they can when they find one. Harris likes Texas early on, but he also likes Texas A&M, and he’s picking up a bunch of other offers. The Longhorns getting in early will help what will almost surely be a regional battle for the four-star linebacker.

—North Shore OL Jaeden Roberts just recently transferred to Houston from Lenexa (Ks.). I recently wrote about him when I was told he transferred to the area. Roberts is a massive interior prospect who performed in front of Herb Hand and the Texas coaches. Texas A&M offered pretty early, but Roberts is doing his due diligence on schools in the area.

—Texas also offered 2021 Denton Ryan ATH Billy Bowman Jr. today. Bowman plays both wide receiver and cornerback for Ryan, but I like his potential in the slot. Bowman visited a number of schools this spring, and Texas was the latest to see his skills on display. The Longhorns have a link with former Texas fullback Alex De La Torre coaching at Ryan, and they’ve offered Bowman’s teammate Ja’Tavion Sanders.

Super K on Campbell:

***As CJ noted, Texas made some nice early offers yesterday. One of those offers was to 2021 RB, Brandon Campbell (Pearland, TX).

Campbell already holds offers from schools like USC, Arkansas, Washington, Virginia Tech and now Texas.

After the visit, Brandon said, “This is amazing. God is good. I just am excited my hard work has got me to this point”.

I asked him there was a chance he may pull the trigger and commit in the very near future, as Texas is his dream school.

”There’s definitely a chance I pull the trigger early. I’m going to be thinking these next couple of days. Texas has always been my dream school and I feel like the situation is right with the running backs right now”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I can't read this, but given that a Bama mod just put in a CB for Tunmise to them, I'm guessing he drank the Crimson Tide kool aid on his visit.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Elite-2021-DL-has-Bama-atop-list-after-visit--132907114/

I got you fam ::

There’s no doubt about where Alabama sits for Tunmise Adeleye coming off a visit to Tuscaloosa.

“At the very top,” the 2021 four-star defensive end told BamaOnLine of the Tide’s standing in comparison to over two dozen other offers. “Alabama’s been at the top for a while, but after the visit yesterday I don’t see them going anywhere for the foreseeable future. They solidified themselves at the top.”

The Katy (Texas) Tompkins product spent Saturday on campus, his second visit to the Capstone so far in his recruitment.

“Alabama is a place where they have an atmosphere of excellence. Everything there, everybody there wants to be excellent,” Adeleye said. “From the nutritionist, to the academic staff, to Coach (Nick) Saban, the coaches, the players, everyone there embodies excellence. From the classroom, to the weightlifting program, to the field, everyone wants to be excellent. I want to be at a place where people embody that and they want not just the football player to succeed, but the person and the man to succeed.”

College coaches can’t reach out to the 2021 class until Sept 1. However, recruits at any level can call coaches on their own whenever they want. Adeleye calls Jeff Banks, his area recruiter, every day.

“He’s an adult, but he knows how to have fun, and he knows how to relate to the kids,” Adeleye said of his bond with the Tide assistant. “He knows the Houston area, he knows where I’m coming from, he knows the type of person I am and can relate with me really well.”

For top targets, no visit to Alabama is complete without a meeting with Saban.

“His message was don’t change who I am, continue to strive to perfect my craft,” Adeleye said. “He was really just talking about how he’s not really worried about the football aspect. He’s worried about developing character, developing the man, and the football will come with it.”

With the Tide firmly atop his list. Did committing to Alabama cross the Top50 defensive lineman’s mind?

“I thought about it, but I just want to get back with my mom, talk it over with my mom and my sisters,” Adeleye said. “My dad, he really likes Alabama. We just want to talk about it as a family and go from there.”

At 6-foot-3, 260 pounds, Adeleye is rated the no. 6 strong-side defensive end and the No. 48 overall player in the country, per 247Sports.

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I got you fam ::

Hide contents

There’s no doubt about where Alabama sits for Tunmise Adeleye coming off a visit to Tuscaloosa.

“At the very top,” the 2021 four-star defensive end told BamaOnLine of the Tide’s standing in comparison to over two dozen other offers. “Alabama’s been at the top for a while, but after the visit yesterday I don’t see them going anywhere for the foreseeable future. They solidified themselves at the top.”

The Katy (Texas) Tompkins product spent Saturday on campus, his second visit to the Capstone so far in his recruitment.

“Alabama is a place where they have an atmosphere of excellence. Everything there, everybody there wants to be excellent,” Adeleye said. “From the nutritionist, to the academic staff, to Coach (Nick) Saban, the coaches, the players, everyone there embodies excellence. From the classroom, to the weightlifting program, to the field, everyone wants to be excellent. I want to be at a place where people embody that and they want not just the football player to succeed, but the person and the man to succeed.”

College coaches can’t reach out to the 2021 class until Sept 1. However, recruits at any level can call coaches on their own whenever they want. Adeleye calls Jeff Banks, his area recruiter, every day.

“He’s an adult, but he knows how to have fun, and he knows how to relate to the kids,” Adeleye said of his bond with the Tide assistant. “He knows the Houston area, he knows where I’m coming from, he knows the type of person I am and can relate with me really well.”

For top targets, no visit to Alabama is complete without a meeting with Saban.

“His message was don’t change who I am, continue to strive to perfect my craft,” Adeleye said. “He was really just talking about how he’s not really worried about the football aspect. He’s worried about developing character, developing the man, and the football will come with it.”

With the Tide firmly atop his list. Did committing to Alabama cross the Top50 defensive lineman’s mind?

“I thought about it, but I just want to get back with my mom, talk it over with my mom and my sisters,” Adeleye said. “My dad, he really likes Alabama. We just want to talk about it as a family and go from there.”

At 6-foot-3, 260 pounds, Adeleye is rated the no. 6 strong-side defensive end and the No. 48 overall player in the country, per 247Sports.

Alabama

I want to be at a place where people embody that and they want not just the football player to succeed, but the person and the man to succeed.”

giphy.gif