Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

When the kid grows up in a Longhorn house.  Especially when his dad was a stud at Texas, then it’s not a good look ... inner satya or not.

The dad is making sure his kids make an independent decision and understand what different programs look like as well as educational opportunities. At least, that's the appearance. There's zero wrong with taking this tact, and I have a hard time thinking other programs are going to have much traction using that as a fucking negative recruiting tool at this time.

Now, if the kids commit elsewhere, then that's a bad look and we'll have to eat a boatload of shit. But not until then. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Just now, Voluminous Banality said:

How does Tommy B. compare with Walker Little at the same stage of development? Are they similar as prospects or is Brockermeyer noticeably better?

Walker wasn't thought of as a top five prospect in the country at this point 

5 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

How does Tommy B. compare with Walker Little at the same stage of development? Are they similar as prospects or is Brockermeyer noticeably better?

and to answer the question - Brockermeyer is markedly better than Walker Little. 

1 minute ago, bigco said:

1. Brock Vandagriff (OU commit)

5. Camar Wheaton

7. Savion Byrd

10. Tommy Brockermeyer

20. Preston Stone

22. Tony Grimes

38. Ja'Tavion Sanders

40. Donovan Jackson

64. Landon Jackson

71. Tunmise Adeleye

73. Latrell McCutchin (Alabama commit)

74. Quay Davis (Texas commit)

80. Shadrach Banks

86. Marcus Burris

88. Billy Bowman Jr. (hopefully a Texas commit in the very near future)

90. Bryce Foster

96. Latrell Neville

97. Jaeden Roberts

98. Jalen Milroe (Texas commit)

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

To channel my inner satya, if Texas ends up not landing the brockermeyers that’s a bad look that other coaches will use against us and that will land with recruits.

Even though I’d personally understand if either or both decided to go elsewhere. 

Hell, coaches might already be asking recruits to think about why those two aren’t already on board and are visiting all these other programs. 

Their older brother Luke turned down D1 scholarships to walk-on at Texas. They have scholarship offers to their father's and brother's (future to be) alma mater. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

To channel my inner satya, if Texas ends up not landing the brockermeyers that’s a bad look that other coaches will use against us and that will land with recruits.

Even though I’d personally understand if either or both decided to go elsewhere. 

Hell, coaches might already be asking recruits to think about why those two aren’t already on board and are visiting all these other programs. 

Wow. Just wow.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well thank you. Trying to think like a high school kid is tough but it seems like i managed. 

Forget it. He’s rolling.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

1. Brock Vandagriff (OU commit)

5. Camar Wheaton

7. Savion Byrd

10. Tommy Brockermeyer

20. Preston Stone

22. Tony Grimes

38. Ja'Tavion Sanders

40. Donovan Jackson

64. Landon Jackson

71. Tunmise Adeleye

73. Latrell McCutchin (Alabama commit)

74. Quay Davis (Texas commit)

80. Shadrach Banks

86. Marcus Burris

88. Billy Bowman Jr. (hopefully a Texas commit in the very near future)

90. Bryce Foster

96. Latrell Neville

97. Jaeden Roberts

98. Jalen Milroe (Texas commit)

I am shocked, just shocked that’s Farrell has an OU commit #1 and has the lowest rating of all the sites on a heavy Texas lean. Who could’ve seen that coming? 

• Like 1