Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, bEastTexas said:

Wells is implying we got another 2021 today, think both Brandon Campbell and Latrell Neville we’re both supposed to be on campus today. 

Neville and Bowman were going back and forth on twitter - looked like they were in it together.  That would be incredible. 

There is no compelling reason to take Neville at this moment in time. He had what? 17 catches last year as a sophomore? Let’s let him play his junior year and show out and then begin a really hard push if he’s awesome. He’s already in regular contact and has an offer, so no bridges are burned by not pushing for or taking a commitment. 

That said, it’s not him anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is no compelling reason to take Neville at this moment in time. He had what? 17 catches last year as a sophomore? Let’s let him play his junior year and show out and then begin a really hard push if he’s awesome. He’s already in regular contact and has an offer, so no bridges are burned by not pushing for or taking a commitment. 

That said, it’s not him anyway. 

Campbell?

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah I'll jump on that Bowman hudl bandwagon. Legitimately the most impressive HS sophomore highlight tape I've ever seen. Unreal speed/instincts at whatever position he lined up at. 

Instincts is the word, for sure. Shocking film for any age, but the fact that he’s a sophomore is astounding. 

16 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  I saw 247 had him ranked number 38 in the state, so that and the fact he’s a sophomore made me expect some generally meh film and a lot of upside projection.

Um, holy shit.   And on his 247 page it also shows he was 1st team All State, District Co-MVP, and ran a 10.8 in the 100, all as a sophomore.  Which leads me to my next question:  how in the living hell did 247 have that guy as the number 38 player in Texas in the sophomore class?  He should be up there with Tommy Brockermeyer at the top.

Probably because of their dumb not a first round pick 6 years from now bullshit