OSHA Vax Mandate Legal Challenges

Anastasis

The anti vax insurance cost thing is a pretty plainly vindictive, ridiculous position, but it’s really funny to see people who stan a privatized, for profit health system offer up these sarcastic responses as if I can get fat when they cough on me, or as if health insurance companies wouldn’t gut protections for pre existing conditions and charge more for the exact things they’re listing if they weren’t prohibited from doing so by regulations they claim to be against

• Hook 'Em 1

you realize the vax doesn't stop the spread, right? you will get sick if anyone coughs on you. This is not about stopping the spread anymore. You must have missed out on the new talking points. It's about living with it and having some better outcomes. 

lol go back to texags

Premium surcharges seem pretty straightforward. Given the right inputs the actuaries should be able to price the premium and surcharge rates same way they do with smoking. There would need to be refreshes every year with different variants, etc. but seems like something that you can reduce to a math equation fairly easily. Financial incentives are among the strongest influencer of health behaviors. 

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Federal Covid relief healthcare funds should be withheld from states that do not enact a vaccine mandate 

Yes, but the Supreme Court would immediately block this.

Hell, I feel like we're about two years away from the federal goverment subsidizing assault rifle purchases because to not do so would be denying people's 2nd Amendment rights.

Premium surcharges seem pretty straightforward. Given the right inputs the actuaries should be able to price the premium and surcharge rates same way they do with smoking. There would need to be refreshes every year with different variants, etc. but seems like something that you can reduce to a math equation fairly easily. Financial incentives are among the strongest influencer of health behaviors. 

I think the cries for higher premiums for anti vaxxers are mostly vindictive but I wouldn’t lose any sleep if they just treated it like smoking as you describe, or perhaps simpler, just wouldn’t cover any treatment of a diagnosed COVID case.

It should not apply to minors though. They shouldn’t face the risk of having to forgo needed care due to the financial ramifications of their parents’ decision.

why? I hate aggys being a Texas grad and all. I know shocking I'm breaking the rules not being super liberal.

Actual well left of center progressives are a minority on this board. Most are center-right or center-left. You’re breaking the rules by being an absolute moron.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Maybe I can post the Jimmy crying frog diploma pic again? That got me a TO though. It was very uncalled for and well beyond things that should ever happen on straight an narrow CR. I haven't apologized formally to you Jimmy. I am truly sorry from the depths of my heart.  

Well if I could actually remember that incident I’d be happy to accept your apology for it. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just don’t really care. 

Sometimes some of y’all take this shit way too seriously. 

23 minutes ago, Bravo said:

that is not the case in the CR my friend. maybe the board as a whole though. I am moron enough to post in here occasionally so your moron reference has merit.

Actually, it is the case (that this board is not extremely far left).

Thinking that the current GOP leadership is a collection of amoral conman pieces of shit and that anyone still calling himself a Republican is an idiotic mark or a horrible person doesn't make someone a liberal.  It just means that he or she is paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Actually, it is the case (that this board is not extremely far left).

Thinking that the current GOP leadership is a collection of amoral conman pieces of shit and that anyone still calling himself a Republican is an idiotic mark or a horrible person doesn't make someone a liberal.  It just means that he or she is paying attention.

Zero doubt you all really believe that. 

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The real shitty thing is I think there was a unique opportunity for the Democrats to stop being pussies and even to whip Sinema and Manchin into supporting more aggressive action after 1/6, but by inauguration day they'd already frittered it away by doing their normal conflict-avoidance Dem shit and giving the GOP the opportunity to regroup and come up with a new propaganda strategy. Dems had pocket aces and the GOP had 2-7 off-suit and the Dems fucking folded, because that's what they always do.

Or, maybe they were just busy impeaching him futilely.

The more I look back on it, the more I think impeaching with no chance of conviction was a waste of time and played into the "persecution" narrative.

3 hours ago, slorch said:

I see your unvaxxed and raise you heart disease and obesity.

Don't half ass your cultural mandates.  Go all in.  Punish those motherfuckers if you want to get their attention.

They need to recognize your authority.

I'm not into the insurance company idea, but let me know when there are freely available shots that prevent heart disease and obesity.  At that point I'll pick up cigars and daily drinking again. TIA.

If insurance doesn’t add a surcharge for the unvaccinated, they’ll surely cap their coverage for COVID medical costs for the unvaccinated. Regardless of the method, insurance isn’t going to keep paying out an average of $250K for every unvaxxed ICU stay. Hopefully they don’t fuck everybody and limit coverage regardless of vax status.

Wow it's almost like insurance is an inherently flawed model for healthcare and only exists to enrich those who collect the premiums. But lmao at bravo immediately hyperventilating about slippery slopes, along with sack making an appearance to shitpost some more antivax talking points.

Next we just need annie derailing the thread over some distinction without difference and we'll be peak surly

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If insurance doesn’t add a surcharge for the unvaccinated, they’ll surely cap their coverage for COVID medical costs for the unvaccinated. Regardless of the method, insurance isn’t going to keep paying out an average of $250K for every unvaxxed ICU stay. Hopefully they don’t fuck everybody and limit coverage regardless of vax status.

Much easier to let the bean counter actuary witches figure out what the surcharge needs to be to move the needle.  The other shit can get kinda icky.

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Next we just need annie derailing the thread over some distinction without difference and we'll be peak surly

Peak Surly was back in the Russia Russia Russia days when dipshits like you and triple and Hugo were hyperventilating over Scott Stedman posts. 

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

guess we need to start charging people more for not getting a flu shot too. probably should also do it if your kid doesnt get HPV vax. Maybe more $ if your BMI is over a certain number? afterall it will incentivize people to do the right thing and drive down costs for the rest of us.

Why do you hate math?

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

They knew this would fail all along, kind of like the eviction ban, but were happy to get any people that they could to submit in the meantime. 

“Submit” to a lifesaving miracle of modern science 😂😂😂😂😂

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

They knew this would fail all along, kind of like the eviction ban, but were happy to get any people that they could to submit in the meantime. 

Actually, yeah, I think they knew, as Klain said, that it was a bit of a longshot short of actual legislation.   The federal government lacks that type of plenary police power, again without legislation, so it became a game of trying to pin the tail on the government agency donkey.

Rather, I think they thought it worth a shot, and symbolic at least, in terms of exercising some kind of leadership on the issue.  It might have tipped a few employers to implement mandates, but a lot already do.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I'm not into the insurance company idea, but let me know when there are freely available shots that prevent heart disease and obesity.  At that point I'll pick up cigars and daily drinking again. TIA.

You don't even need a shot to prevent those.

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Problem being they knew it to be unconstitutional and many times Biden, various people in the Admin and Fauci even said as much before going to the end justify the means. 

This is not something that you "know" is unconstitutional.  The analysis is multi-faceted.  You may know it will be challenged and the challenge may have a likelihood of success, especially given the composition of certain courts, but it's not facially unconstitutional.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is not something that you "know" is unconstitutional.  The analysis is multi-faceted.  You may know it will be challenged and the challenge may have a likelihood of success, especially given the composition of certain courts, but it's not facially unconstitutional.

Bull

fucking

shit

they all said they couldn’t do it

then they did it

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, yeah, I think they knew, as Klain said, that it was a bit of a longshot short of actual legislation.   The federal government lacks that type of plenary police power, again without legislation, so it became a game of trying to pin the tail on the government agency donkey.

Rather, I think they thought it worth a shot, and symbolic at least, in terms of exercising some kind of leadership on the issue.  It might have tipped a few employers to implement mandates, but a lot already do.

It gave a lot of large employer groups cover to implement their own mandates, definitely. 

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

I’m really curious to see how the communications to the mouth breathers about vaccination requirements changes at my company.

I applied to a job Sunday night. First sentience - all candidates and employees must be vaccinated 

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Just from my observations, the majority of anti vaxxers are low wage earners and not educated. They can’t afford a bump in their insurance plans (if they have insurance). If smokers can be charged extra, so can the unvaxx’d  

I always thought this group was college educated, white, mothers. The political aspect of this added the group you mention but both are dug in

Charge all people who make poor health choices more for health insurance.    Fine with me. Obese.  Illicit drug abusers.  Anti-vaxxers.   Motorcyclists.  Alcoholics.  Those who eat too much red meat.  Smokers.  Pill poppers. 

Most of us are probably in one of these. I’m betting the average 40 year old on here makes far worse health choices than refusing a vaccine that has about a .02 percent risk of a fatality for them.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Charge all people who make poor health choices more for health insurance.    Fine with me. Obese.  Illicit drug abusers.  Anti-vaxxers.   Motorcyclists.  Alcoholics.  Those who eat too much red meat.  Smokers.  Poll poppers. 

Most of us are probably in one of these. I’m betting the average 40 year old on here makes far worse health choices than refusing a vaccine that has about a .01 percent of a fatality.  

don't slut shame

• Haha 1