OSHA Vax Mandate Legal Challenges

Anastasis

17 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

This is why vaccine mandates might be necessary. Delta and Omi evolved in unvaxxed populations. Among the whites in SA and among the rural poor in India.

Omicron evolved either in an immunocompromised host, an animal reservoir, in a lab, or as result of pressure from antiviral treatment. Those are the most likely scenarios. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I am hand waving at the public health epidemiology and common sense, as they relate to this rule. I realize that these thing mean next to nothing once we are engaged in the administrative rule making and legal processes. 

Exactly. The issue is not whether the rule makes sense, it’s who gets to decide whether or not it makes sense. And it’s not, nor should it be, 9 unelected old guys and gals in black robes sitting on an elevated bench for the entire rest of their lives if they want.  

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Do we know for sure Omicron did? I haven’t seen that definitively anywhere. 

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Omicron evolved either in an immunocompromised host, an animal reservoir, in a lab, or as result of pressure from antiviral treatment. Those are the most likely scenarios. 

Jan 3, 2022

The earliest evidence for Omicron’s swift spread came from South Africa, where Omicron rapidly grew to dominance in one province after another. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/article/omicron-coronavirus-variant.amp.html

Dec 2, 2021

The three most likely origin are stories are that Omicron emerged from an immunocompromised patient; that it emerged from reverse zoonosis — human to animal transmission followed by animal to human transmission; or that it emerged from treatment of a Covid-19 patient with the mutagenic drug molnupiravir

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/12/02/omicron-origins/?sh=427da93a1bc1

Dec 17,2021

It most likely evolved in a single immunocompromised individual, possibly someone who is HIV positive living somewhere in southern Africa who wasn’t receiving effective treatment, but there is no direct evidence for this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/2302268-how-did-the-omicron-coronavirus-variant-evolve-to-be-so-dangerous/amp/

I’ve also seen lab mice speculated as host of origin. Occam says unvaxxed population in SA. Which are the wypipo. We’ve got such here.

Main point. Get people vaxxed:

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Jan 3, 2022

The earliest evidence for Omicron’s swift spread came from South Africa, where Omicron rapidly grew to dominance in one province after another. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/article/omicron-coronavirus-variant.amp.html

Dec 2, 2021

The three most likely origin are stories are that Omicron emerged from an immunocompromised patient; that it emerged from reverse zoonosis — human to animal transmission followed by animal to human transmission; or that it emerged from treatment of a Covid-19 patient with the mutagenic drug molnupiravir

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/12/02/omicron-origins/?sh=427da93a1bc1

Dec 17,2021

It most likely evolved in a single immunocompromised individual, possibly someone who is HIV positive living somewhere in southern Africa who wasn’t receiving effective treatment, but there is no direct evidence for this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/2302268-how-did-the-omicron-coronavirus-variant-evolve-to-be-so-dangerous/amp/

I’ve also seen lab mice speculated as host of origin. Occam says unvaxxed population in SA. Which are the wypipo. We’ve got such here.

Main point. Get people vaxxed:

Kind of my point. I don’t think we are going to know. 

I would recommend getting the continent of Africa vaccinated.

https://www.science.org/content/article/where-did-weird-omicron-come

image.thumb.jpeg.b5fe71fc86bc219b97831153b635df38.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Covid is done in 3 months. Get on w life

We’ve been hearing that sort of talk for nearly two full years. So far it has been inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

You just quotes a serious of origin scenarios, none of which have to do with transmission among unvaccinated. 

I attempted to show reports over the few months Omi has gone worldwide.

Yes, vaccinate the world. Cross your fingers.

A low cost pill, developed for the purpose of being able to vaccinate the world.

A Texas team comes up with a COVID vaccine that could be a global game changer

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/01/05/1070046189/a-texas-team-comes-up-with-a-covid-vaccine-that-could-be-a-global-game-changer

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

We’ve been hearing that sort of talk for nearly two full years. So far it has been inaccurate.

I attempted to show reports over the few months Omi has gone worldwide.

Yes, vaccinate the world. Cross your fingers.

A low cost pill, developed for the purpose of being able to vaccinate the world.

A Texas team comes up with a COVID vaccine that could be a global game changer

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/01/05/1070046189/a-texas-team-comes-up-with-a-covid-vaccine-that-could-be-a-global-game-changer

Do you have any idea why in a large portion of the world mass vaccination is impossible?

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Per federal regulations, I've been drug tested at random for more than 20 years as a commercial truck driver, but the government can't compel employers to test for a virus that's killed nearly 800,000 Americans.

Makes sense. 

maybe it's time you sue.  I mean your body your rights (unless you have a vagina).

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Per federal regulations, I've been drug tested at random for more than 20 years as a commercial truck driver, but the government can't compel employers to test for a virus that's killed nearly 800,000 Americans.

Makes sense. 

According to SCOTUS, since gravity applies both in and out of the workplace and falling is a risk anywhere, these regulations pertaining to fall protections in the workplace are all illegal.

• Rage+1 2

40 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's insane that there were 4 votes to strike down the CMS mandate.

This is why Biden was the wrong person.  He still thinks he can work with the R's.  He fails at this because he is not willing to just load the court and change the rules or threaten to do so.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This is why Biden was the wrong person.  He still thinks he can work with the R's.  He fails at this because he is not willing to just load the court and change the rules or threaten to do so.  

A Hillary win could have possibly resulted in a 7-2 Democratic SC. Among the biggest missed opportunities in history.

42 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Well, with a 49.5 Senate "majority," thanks to Sinema and Manchin, it's not like he can blast through controversial legislation, "working with Rs" or not.  Fuck, he can't even get the Senate to repeal the filibuster rules.

Any D president would have been fucked like Chuck with this Senate.

• Hook 'Em 1

The real shitty thing is I think there was a unique opportunity for the Democrats to stop being pussies and even to whip Sinema and Manchin into supporting more aggressive action after 1/6, but by inauguration day they'd already frittered it away by doing their normal conflict-avoidance Dem shit and giving the GOP the opportunity to regroup and come up with a new propaganda strategy. Dems had pocket aces and the GOP had 2-7 off-suit and the Dems fucking folded, because that's what they always do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Just from my observations, the majority of anti vaxxers are low wage earners and not educated. They can’t afford a bump in their insurance plans (if they have insurance). If smokers can be charged extra, so can the unvaxx’d  

Who do you think smokes?

• Like 1

The real shitty thing is I think there was a unique opportunity for the Democrats to stop being pussies and even to whip Sinema and Manchin into supporting more aggressive action after 1/6, but by inauguration day they'd already frittered it away by doing their normal conflict-avoidance Dem shit and giving the GOP the opportunity to regroup and come up with a new propaganda strategy. Dems had pocket aces and the GOP had 2-7 off-suit and the Dems fucking folded, because that's what they always do.

This. Voting rights and election integrity should’ve been a Day 1 item. May have even been able to rope in the few moderate Republicans given the zeitgeist and throwing them some minor bones.

Instead we will continue to descend into the realm of a failed state.
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Time to unleash the insurance companies on the unvaxx’d. it’s the only way 

I see your unvaxxed and raise you heart disease and obesity.

Don't half ass your cultural mandates.  Go all in.  Punish those motherfuckers if you want to get their attention.

They need to recognize your authority.

From the OSHA majority opinion: 

"The federal government’s powers, however, are not general but limited and divided. See McCulloch v. Maryland, 4 Wheat. 316, 405 (1819). Not only must the federal government properly invoke a constitutionally enumerated source of authority to regulate in this area or any other. It must also act consistently with the Constitution’s separation of powers. And when it comes to that obligation, this Court has established at least one firm rule: “We expect Congress to speak clearly” if it wishes to assign to an executive agency decisions “of vast economic and political significance.” Alabama Assn. of Realtors v. Department of Health and Human Servs., 594 U. S. ___, ___ (2021) (per curiam) (slip op., at 6) (internal quotation marks omitted). We sometimes call this the major questions doctrine. Gundy v. United States, 588 U. S. ___, ___ (2019) (GORSUCH, J., dissenting) (slip op., at 20)."

I could've sworn Sam Alito just told us a couple of months ago that shadow docket cases don't make precedent.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If smokers can be charged extra, so can the unvaxx’d  

This seems so painfully obvious to me, especially when the alternative is that health insurers raise premiums for everybody.  They sure as shit aren't going to eat those extra claims themselves.  But a premium hike for all of us is what's going to happen, because freedumb.

One more reason anti-vaxxers can go fuck themselves.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

I see your unvaxxed and raise you heart disease and obesity.

Don't half ass your cultural mandates.  Go all in.  Punish those motherfuckers if you want to get their attention.

They need to recognize your authority.

my company has metrics to lower your rate, all tied to what you mentioned. a lot Bigger companies do the same 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

my company has metrics to lower your rate, all tied to what you mentioned 

Yep.  I save $500 a year by attesting that I do not smoke and completing an online wellness screening.

And now I save another $250 a year by uploading my vaccine card.

But a general hike in insurance premiums that is larger than that discount is almost certainly coming anyway.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.  I save $500 a year by attesting that I do not smoke and completing an online wellness screening.

And now I save another $250 a year by uploading my vaccine card.

But a general hike in insurance premiums that is larger than that discount is almost certainly coming anyway.

Our deal is tied to actually seeing a health professional and being screened. 

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

my company has metrics to lower your rate, all tied to what you mentioned 

Mine does too.  Has nothing to do with shit that may or may not work.

Here's where I would possibly align with ya-  If you die of Covid and you're not vaxed; any life insurance is null and void.  If I am vaxxed and get hospitalized, then there is no deductable and no co-pay.

Sound good?  I mean hell, let's not just fuck with a few of the rules...  hell, we're rolling.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

we should not stop there either. if obese, drinker, no yearly exam, eat too much fast food, dont exercise, dont take their meds regularly, etc. we can do so much to make people do the right things.

lot of companies are already doing this but keep grasping at straws 

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

we should not stop there either. if obese, drinker, no yearly exam, eat too much fast food, dont exercise, dont take their meds regularly, etc. we can do so much to make people do the right things.

Its your belief that an insurance company should not be allowed to take into account the elevated risks of the person they are insuring?