Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

34 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

Woodard clearly went to the Urban Meyer school of media relations, at least as it relates to coming up with a half-assed excuse to attempt to save face. He just got his ass handed to him by the media after clearly releasing this story to try to puff up A&M as being above playing UT and it was a complete failure. CDC basically said we made a legit offer, it was rebuffed, and we have now scheduled 15 years out with better programs. Woodard is left looking weak, and well frankly like little brother.

As David Byrne said......same as it ever was

The best part is when aggy said, no we can’t schedule you.  CDC promptly went to Alabama and scheduled them ... checkmate bitches.

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 minutes ago, Scholz said:

1) Fake clocking of football for winning TD hilarious.

2) Is there anything more schadenfreude than looking at incredulous aggy faces in the crowd after yet another epic choke job?  Lulz.  You'd think they'd be used to it by now.

With 6 minutes left in the game, they were all celebrating how happy they were that they decided to spend the money and fly out to see the opener.  Whoo-oops.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve read where some ags are saying basically in baggins they trust. He’s a qb whisperer and Mond is improved. He completed 80% of his passes including drops one day in practice. Lol

In the words of Jordan Shipley, “once you present the suckler, that’s when the real whispering begins”.

it may be more of a paraphrase, but whatever.

Edited by ShowmeyourTDs
Can’t recall the quote from Melking the cow elk.

40 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

if aggy doesn't win the SEC this year it's 20 years without a conference championship in football. 

This is incredible. 

It's not aggy's fault. All of college football has conspired with Texas to keep them from winning a conference title. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve read where some ags are saying basically in baggins they trust. He’s a qb whisperer and Mond is improved. He completed 80% of his passes including drops one day in practice. Lol

This is so aggy. 

Their QB completed 100% of his passes, they just ran out of receptions. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Yeah, this is where I sit.  It's completely made up.

Saw this on Twitter, can't verify if it's true or not, but I really hope it is:

I think what likely happened is that the aggy smoked some Maui Wowie in Estes Park and got his delusions  even more aggified.

Serious question because I don’t know -
Historically, other than a once in a generational QB who has the QB whisperer whispered?

Actually Hawaii does fly commercial.  Makes sense with their distance of travel for games.  
This makes sense, even though the story is false. Could not imagine the cost for a charter from Hawaii to denver vs buying power on commercial.

If anybody could find out if they flew commercial or charter....randy could.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

This makes sense, even though the story is false. Could not imagine the cost for a charter from Hawaii to denver vs buying power on commercial.

There's an article in the coloradoan "hurricane Lane tough on Hawaii football team traveling to CSU"

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

To the UHawaii boards!!

wait... does UH have a board?

15 hours ago, Scholz said:

2) Is there anything more schadenfreude than looking at incredulous aggy faces in the crowd after yet another epic choke job?  Lulz.  You'd think they'd be used to it by now.

One of my absolute favorite things about aggy is that they will NEVER get used to it. They've spent so much time time repeating the standard aggy mantra about how they're a sleeping giant, just need the right corch, this is the year, they're headed back to some illusory "golden age" when they were really, really good (never mind that they've NEVER been really good, even when they were cheating like hell and still never managed to win anything), the 1-9 Junction team was one of the most magical teams ever because "BUHR BRAHENT!", they're a real SEC big boy, premier SEC west program in the state, etc., that the aggy hive mind has accepted these statements as absolute, unimpeachable truth.

They good enough, they're smart enough, and, doggone it, people like them.

Except they've never been good enough, they sure as hell have never been smart, and everyone thinks they're a bizarre cult filled with dog-worshiping, sheep-humping, jizz jar collecting weirdos.  Meanwhile, "click-clack" goes the roller coaster as it climbs toward new and unforeseen heights mere moments before the inevitable, crushing descent back to reality. I, for one, cannot wait.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Over the last few years I've had plenty of conversations with fans of other schools where I've said things like "yeah, Texas is just not very good right now, and probably won't be for a few more years." I don't like saying it, but anyone with two eyes already knows it, so why pretend? 

What strikes me is, for the entirety of my time watching cfb aggy has mostly been different shades of bad to average.  A couple of fluke good seasons, but for the most part a middling team.

Living in dfw, I encounter a lot of aggy, and I don't think I've once encountered one willing to admit the same.  There's always some excuse, some scapegoat, some reason why they're actually a much better team than how they performed this year.  Just wait, next year things will line up better and you'll see they were right.

This is why I think the season is so hard on them.  They really can't see how far they are and have been from good, and honestly believe they just need a couple of breaks to go their way for the world to finally see it.  This year if they'll just whoop a little louder, stand a little longer, and squeeze a little harder, the stars will align and you'll all see what they've known all along. 

Poor aggy. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Over the last few years I've had plenty of conversations with fans of other schools where I've said things like "yeah, Texas is just not very good right now, and probably won't be for a few more years." I don't like saying it, but anyone with two eyes already knows it, so why pretend? 

What strikes me is, for the entirety of my time watching cfb aggy has mostly been different shades of bad to average.  A couple of fluke good seasons, but for the most part a middling team.

Living in dfw, I encounter a lot of aggy, and I don't think I've once encountered one willing to admit the same.  There's always some excuse, some scapegoat, some reason why they're actually a much better team than how they performed this year.  Just wait, next year things will line up better and you'll see they were right.

This is why I think the season is so hard on them.  They really can't see how far they are and have been from good, and honestly believe they just need a couple of breaks to go their way for the world to finally see it.  This year if they'll just whoop a little louder, stand a little longer, and squeeze a little harder, the stars will align and you'll all see what they've known all along. 

Poor aggy. 

Click clack click clack click clack....
slow-motion-rollercoaster.gif

• Like 1

"They take care of you down there," the younger McCoy told the Midland Reporter-Telegram. "I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football. They keep you on your grades with private tutoring. Just good all-around."

https://www.theeagle.com/archives/recruit-s-slip-has-tongues-wagging/article_5d3c16f9-2e78-515c-919a-3c87f290a848.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Watching College Football Live this morning and one of the talking heads made this comment about the Clemson defensive line.

"It's a high quality NFL defensive line, except....they're in college".......poooooor aggy.

But I thought Jimbo and A&M fans had the next 10 years to get ready for the game against Clemson, no..? 😏