Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

37 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

That calzone QB out of Georgia is out 4-6 weeks. Broken rib.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ouch. That game sounds like a nightmare for the kid. I wonder what he'll think watching the A&M QBs get pulverized by Clemson and some of the SEC defenses. He'll still be healing when he's watching the Clemson game on TV.

4350195967_945cf0a546.jpg

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Jimbo says focus on the football team, not on a disgruntled former player... (I really ad libbed all that)

Rank All 14 SEC Teams on Likelihood of Reaching the CFPPosted on 8/26/18 at 11:53 am
uArw.png4dArw.png41
bkm1.png
1. Alabama (no brainer) 
2. Georgia (good team with some questions) 
3. South Carolina (Bama such a lock in west makes them #3 but wayyyyy back) 
4. Florida (see above; SC slightly better) 
5. LSU (just because Mississippi schools would gag) 
6. Mississippi State (not sold; decent; NCSU level) 
7. Auburn (Gus is like a 2002 Accord with cloth seats) 
8. Texas A&M (too soft; scared to play Texas) 
9. Ole Miss (can't see them being all that good) 
10. Kentucky (one RB does not a team make) 
11. Missouri (they'd be mid grade in ACC) 
12. Arkansas (someone had to be 12) 
13. Vanderbilt (best team in Tennessee) 
14. Tennessee (13 fan bases love this pick) 

secsec knows aggy.  They ain't getting any mercy....which is a good thing.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Rank All 14 SEC Teams on Likelihood of Reaching the CFPPosted on 8/26/18 at 11:53 am
uArw.png4dArw.png41
bkm1.png
1. Alabama (no brainer) 

Alabama CFP contender - then everyone else jockeying for a spot in the Sugar Bowl...

19 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
uArw.png4dArw.png41
bkm1.png
1. Alabama (no brainer) 

Where is this from?  I want to read the Aggy tears.  

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

"Big time SEC team".  In what world...?  I mean how delusional are aggys?  Is there no bottom?  My God.  Those people make me weep for humanity they're so GD stupid.  

That anecdote is more believable if you interpret the Hawaii kid's response as extremely sarcastic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

That anecdote is more believable if you interpret the Hawaii kid's response as extremely sarcastic

Yep. Aggies are irony deaf.

Imagine an Aggie and his wife wearing their maroon SEC shirts approaching you to talk football. You're a player. The Aggies inevitably reveal their unjustified arrogance about being an SEC team from the toughest division in the toughest football conference in the world. "Maybe y'all would like to play us."

You look at a teammate then back at the Aggie. "Oh no, we couldn't handle a game with such a well known powerhouse."

As you expect, the Aggie takes you seriously. "Yeah, it's pretty tough. We beat 'Bama a few years ago."

"Nice talking to you, man." You leave the glowing Aggie shaking your head. "Texas people are idiots."

Thanks, Aggies.

or

The story is the typical lie they've made a tradition of telling themselves. Here's an example of a tu lie on Texags now:

I heard, through the grapevine (parents of some players) Herman is very aloof toward the players. Examples

• Doesn't remember player names
  • Doesn't say hello or acknowledge them if he happens to see them in a hallway or on campus

Wouldn't surprise me if that's part of the reason for the exodus.

I suspect that all of the mandated kissing & hugging is an attempt to make up for (address) his anti-social behavior.

I broke my addiction to Texags idiocy. It was pretty easy since they just repeat the same things over and over again. It is fun to read when they're bad.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

LOL. Dallas Morning news hired the biggest texags fluff piece writer beside Chin Pubes ever in ben baby. This guy is the worse, and he predicted aggy will go 8-4. LULLZzz I can't wait till they get butt fucked because i'm emailing him a lol after every loss.

Somebody needs to jump on there and point out that aggy has not one but two open non-conference games to schedule in 2022 and 2023.

• Like 1

Just now, Magus Ossis said:

So Woodward basically acknowledged that they are saving a spot in their schedule for a cupcake, and that is the reason "anytime, anywhere" has become "under the right circumstances."

No, they're saving spots for two cupcakes.  Two more cupcakes, actually. 

In all seriousness, being conflated with a "big time SEC team" is exactly why they got all hot and wet 7 years ago about leaving and couldn't get out the door fast enough.

They've never accomplished anything beyond winning the Cotton Bowl a few times, so the Osmotic Self-Esteem is all they've got. Hell, besides TOTTBB, the high point of their SEC existence was JFF beating OU in the Cotton Bowl. (plus ça change...)

I seriously doubt that the real Hawaii conversation went down the way it was described, but something was definitely said that was close enough that they immediately latched onto it and took it as validation that they really really are now "big time" and feared by other teams.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Woodard clearly went to the Urban Meyer school of media relations, at least as it relates to coming up with a half-assed excuse to attempt to save face. He just got his ass handed to him by the media after clearly releasing this story to try to puff up A&M as being above playing UT and it was a complete failure. CDC basically said we made a legit offer, it was rebuffed, and we have now scheduled 15 years out with better programs. Woodard is left looking weak, and well frankly like little brother.

As David Byrne said......same as it ever was

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, po elvis said:

26:55 is must watch tv.

I've never actually watched the game, just read about what happened.  After watching from this mark on, that was a pretty epic meltdown that only aggy could achieve.

Ucla wasn't particularly spectacular throughout the comeback.  They had way too many penalties at critical moments, and at least 3 Rosen passes that should easily have been picks.  Over and over, aggy let them off the hook for just one more play, and that's all they needed.

It's beautiful that Mond was initially called for the first down on that final run, only to have it overturned.  I would've loved to have been at an aggy watch party in that moment. 

• Like 1