• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's fucking amazing that A&M bought a law school, and got this.

I have a feeling that this is going to show up in a lot of law textbooks.

I would bet significant money that clauses like this are part of why the agreement wasn't signed for so long. 

I'm sure aggy tried to play hardball, and looking at the agreement it's pretty clear who won. 

Someone should tell those rubes that when you put all your cards on the table by making a coach an absolutely unprecedented, way above market offer, and then proceed to make that overpaid coach the face and primary source of pride for your entire university, you've pretty much lost your negotiating leverage. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

I think the Aggies are safe... pretty sure everyone else agrees Jimbo is being way overpaid. No one in their right mind is going to pay him more than he can make staying where he is.

Can be considered a stupidity clause.... anyone dumber than we are to bankrupt their school by paying him more can take him 

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I think the Aggies are safe... pretty sure everyone else agrees Jimbo is being way overpaid. No one in their right mind is going to pay him more than he can make staying where he is.

Can be considered a stupidity clause.... anyone dumber than we are to bankrupt their school by paying him more can take him 

The beauty will be when he leaves for a better, but lower paying gig just to get away from that shithole. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

You just wait.  When Jimbo's boys beat Alabama in the 2021 national title game and Bama fires Saban and hires Jimbo, the aggeez are going to rue the day that they put this clause in Ji....

OK, that sentence is way too ridiculous to finish.  I'm sure you can find it somewhere on Texags, though.

5 hours ago, Native Horn said:

Nah, was just confused at BOMC vs. BMOC.  

You're right.  Apparently the eggheads at Apple have heard of BMOC, but not BOMC, and decided that I meant to type the former.  Someone head over to the Apple offices on 360 and educate them on the BOMC, would you?

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

There's a miniscule chance that Jimbo is still there in 3 years.

I don't see Jimbo bolting because aggy is going to struggle. 

What big name school wants a coach that might be on the decline? 5-7 in his last year at FSU and let's say 6-6 or 7-5 in his first year at A&M. That isn't going to get LSU folks excited. 

28 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't see Jimbo bolting because aggy is going to struggle. 

What big name school wants a coach that might be on the decline? 5-7 in his last year at FSU and let's say 6-6 or 7-5 in his first year at A&M. That isn't going to get LSU folks excited. 

You're talking about the program that hired Ed Ogeron as its coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I would bet significant money that clauses like this are part of why the agreement wasn't signed for so long. 

I'm sure aggy tried to play hardball, and looking at the agreement it's pretty clear who won. 

Someone should tell those rubes that when you put all your cards on the table by making a coach an absolutely unprecedented, way above market offer, and then proceed to make that overpaid coach the face and primary source of pride for your entire university, you've pretty much lost your negotiating leverage.  

It's probably in the same trash bag as their integrity.

Another good part 

-If Fisher is terminated 'without cause,' he will be paid the full amount remaining on his contract. 25 percent of that would be in a lump sum paid within 60 days of his termination with the remaining balance paid in equal annual payments through Dec. 2027. Fisher would not be required to mitigate the University's payments by seeking new employment and, if Fisher is able to secure another job prior to the end of his contract, the University is not entitled to any offset related to his new employment agreement.

Sorry I don’t understand contracts. Can he be hired away for less money?  He’s tired of being there and goes elsewhere for 5 or 6 million. The new school owes nothing to aggy and aggy only pays Jimbo for time he’s already put in right?  

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
Another good part 

-If Fisher is terminated 'without cause,' he will be paid the full amount remaining on his contract. 25 percent of that would be in a lump sum paid within 60 days of his termination with the remaining balance paid in equal annual payments through Dec. 2027. Fisher would not be required to mitigate the University's payments by seeking new employment and, if Fisher is able to secure another job prior to the end of his contract, the University is not entitled to any offset related to his new employment agreement.

Even on the aggy curve, they got bent over.

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Sorry I don’t understand contracts. Can he be hired away for less money?  He’s tired of being there and goes elsewhere for 5 or 6 million. The new school owes nothing to aggy and aggy only pays Jimbo for time he’s already put in right?  

That is correct. He can leave for any reason and not owe shit 

25 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Is aggy obligated to pay Baggins if he were to quit to go work for ESPN or sell insurance?

Nope. However, it seems if he just decided to quit coming into work tomorrow they're still on the hook for the entirety of the contract. Is there anything in there about firing him for cause or illegal activity letting aggy off the hook?

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Nope. However, it seems if he just decided to quit coming into work tomorrow they're still on the hook for the entirety of the contract. Is there anything in there about firing him for cause or illegal activity letting aggy off the hook?

Pretty sure they can fire him for cause if he just decides to quit coming into work.  And they can also fire him for cause for NCAA violations.  For cause = no payoff.

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm just spitballing here, but I wonder if the NCAA is perfectly fine encouraging this kind of behavior moving forward. It could be a round-about way to basically ensure programs comply with their rules. If you know every single time a disgruntled kid is going to sound the alarm to try and get a wavier to play immediately, obviously one way to counteract that would be to not let that kid have any dirt on you. I mean, making pissed off kids that may or may not have attitude problems become the de facto police force for the NCAA seems like a great idea where almost nothing ever could possibly go sideways...but still, I wonder how often they might tacitly encourage this sorta things as players leave. 

Now for the fun part of the exercise...who wants to make a list for all the different ways this could absurdly blow up? Can't imagine the shit Reggie Hemphill-Mapps would have had to say. Or Jordan Elliot. Can you imagine Derek Foreman getting the mic and basically leveraging a school or boosters for money or else his kid is going to transfer and drop a bomb?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. It could be an interesting way to stop schools from doing things like aggy's holding little "study halls" and the stuff that was detailed in the muckraking Urban Meyer documentary that was on Twitter. On the other hand, there are always going to be disgruntled former players everywhere no matter what. Think about the shit that would have come out of Darius White? I mean, assuming Demarco Cobbs hadn't put the fear of God in him.

So I guess you're going to have balance the increased reporting of misbehavior against the inevitable exaggerations and probable outright lies some pissed off kids are going to throw out there to keep a year of eligibility - which is obviously big business for them if another year of film is the potential difference between a UDA grade and 4th round grade or something like that.

If nothing else, I'd think it's incentive for programs to treat their kids as fairly as possible rather than pressuring them into practicing through injury, play with concussions, work out to failure, etc. I'm all for that.

Of course, every time something happens to OU or aggy, I will automatically choose to believe that it's true. 

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

SIAP. I think this puts to bed the aggy argument that we’re scared to play them. Now we can make the same argument.
11ed0e31a9e8c7bd01175333d1255f3c.jpg

Of course aggy is scared.  They dodged the home and away and at least 1 bowl game (probably 2).

Count me as grateful everyday Aggy is further and further in the rearview mirror. Jesus H Christ, who in their right mind would want to play retarded little brother in college station when you can play Cal in the Bay Area, Clemson, FSU, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Miami, Notre Dame etc....etc... seriously. There is nothing more depressing than going to a game in Aggy. In fact, I can't think of a worse place to go - for any reason. 

Edited by Artie Fatso
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

SIAP. I think this puts to bed the aggy argument that we’re scared to play them. Now we can make the same argument.
11ed0e31a9e8c7bd01175333d1255f3c.jpg

From that story:

“We have a hell of a home schedule,” Woodward explained. “You have Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State rolling in here every other year, and Arkansas in Dallas every year. That’s a pretty darn good schedule. And as brutal and hard as our schedule is in the SEC West … it’s definitely the toughest division in football. That’s proven year in and year out.