• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Meh. This will pass and the nutless ncaa will do nothing. 

They wont vacate bowl games, wont take away television, and wont take away scholarships for these minor infractions and we all know it. 

Do you mean bowl game wins or just bowl games in general?  Their upcoming 5-7 season will vacate an appearance for them.

18 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

I'm just spitballing here, but I wonder if the NCAA is perfectly fine encouraging this kind of behavior moving forward. It could be a round-about way to basically ensure programs comply with their rules. If you know every single time a disgruntled kid is going to sound the alarm to try and get a wavier to play immediately, obviously one way to counteract that would be to not let that kid have any dirt on you. I mean, making pissed off kids that may or may not have attitude problems become the de facto police force for the NCAA seems like a great idea where almost nothing ever could possibly go sideways...but still, I wonder how often they might tacitly encourage this sorta things as players leave. 

Now for the fun part of the exercise...who wants to make a list for all the different ways this could absurdly blow up? Can't imagine the shit Reggie Hemphill-Mapps would have had to say. Or Jordan Elliot. Can you imagine Derek Foreman getting the mic and basically leveraging a school or boosters for money or else his kid is going to transfer and drop a bomb?

1 minute ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Do you mean bowl game wins or just bowl games in general?  Their upcoming 5-7 season will vacate an appearance for them.

Honestly, without a front seven on defense, I don't see how they get past 4 wins.  I was always in the camp that I thought 7 or 8 wins would just necessarily happen for them, given the number of gimmes they have.  But if they don't have defensive tackles or linebackers, they're going to be in a world of hurt this year.

NW St. - Win (but might be uncomfortably close)

Clemson - L - This one's gonna hurt.

ULM - W - But it's going to be a ballgame.  ULM has a fantastic offense.  TAMU better hope those summer practices paid off.

Bama - L - This one's gonna hurt worse.

Arky - L - Unless they somehow get healthy on defense, I think Chuck Norris Chad Morris's offense will put a hurting on them.

Kentucky - L - Same as above.  KY returns a ton of starters, especially on O.

South Carolina - L.  This one might actually hurt, too.

Miss. State - L.  Assuming MSU doesn't take a big step back with Morehead as coach, this one could be a bloodbath.

Auburn - L. I think you're all getting the hang of this at this point.

Ole Miss - Who the fuck knows?  Probably a loss?  Maybe a win?  Is Matt Luke actually Meatloaf, disguising himself as a CFB coach?  Did Matt Luke secretly get a head transplant, where he transplanted on of those giant Easter Island heads onto his own body?  Scientists are racing to find the answer.

UAB - W.  But will also depend on what A&M's depth chart looks like at this point in time.  Do they have anyone healthy remaining on defense?  How many positions can Otaro Alaka play at once?

LSU - L.  This game will literally save Orgeron's job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Honestly, without a front seven on defense, I don't see how they get past 4 wins.  I was always in the camp that I thought 7 or 8 wins would just necessarily happen for them, given the number of gimmes they have.  But if they don't have defensive tackles or linebackers, they're going to be in a world of hurt this year.

ULM - W - But it's going to be a ballgame.  ULM has a fantastic offense.  TAMU better hope those summer practices paid off.

Arky - L - Unless they somehow get healthy on defense, I think Chuck Norris Chad Morris's offense will put a hurting on them.

Miss. State - L.  Assuming MSU doesn't take a big step back with Morehead as coach, this one could be a bloodbath.

Ole Miss - Who the fuck knows?  Probably a loss?  Maybe a win?  Is Matt Luke actually Meatloaf, disguising himself as a CFB coach?  Did Matt Luke secretly get a head transplant, where he transplanted on of those giant Easter Island heads onto his own body?  Scientists are racing to find the answer.

UAB - W.  But will also depend on what A&M's depth chart looks like at this point in time.  Do they have anyone healthy remaining on defense?  How many positions can Otaro Alaka play at once?

agreed but I think they will win 1-2 of Arky, Kentucky, and South Carolina

So awesome to see a guy they had been banking on so hard to be an elite SEC backer be the one who burns them. I doubt anything serious happens to them because it's she said/she said, but still, I'm laughing over my coffee, here.

Building up players to Olympian heights then tearing them down in favor of their replacement is one of the Five Pillars of Agslam.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, pacman said:

If Ags gave their players $300 or $400 to host a recruit, imagine how much Georgia is giving it's players.

If the ncaa only allows $40, i assume every school violates this rule. You can't host a recruit for $40.

I don't think anyone doubts that.  I'm sure we do the same thing to some extent, however, every other school has a booster that does it instead of the coach.

If Ags gave their players $300 or $400 to host a recruit, imagine how much Georgia is giving it's players.

If the ncaa only allows $40, i assume every school violates this rule. You can't host a recruit for $40.

These were also unofficial visits. Not supposed to pay for anything. Didn’t Boise get dinged for letting a recruit crash in a dorm room on an unofficial visit a few years back?
  • Like 1

Its still enough to get a decent burger/fries, then just take them to that place where you know the bartender..get some free bottom shelf.

But yeah, sounds like the $40 thing was decided on 20 years ago and never raised.

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, OrangEngr said:
What about fake NCs claimed after the fact based on random computer polls from 50 years later?

Only 50 years later? Computers didn't even exist when some of aggys claimed championships occurred..

Do you even Konrad Zuse, bro?

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm just spitballing here, but I wonder if the NCAA is perfectly fine encouraging this kind of behavior moving forward. It could be a round-about way to basically ensure programs comply with their rules. If you know every single time a disgruntled kid is going to sound the alarm to try and get a wavier to play immediately, obviously one way to counteract that would be to not let that kid have any dirt on you. I mean, making pissed off kids that may or may not have attitude problems become the de facto police force for the NCAA seems like a great idea where almost nothing ever could possibly go sideways...but still, I wonder how often they might tacitly encourage this sorta things as players leave. 

Now for the fun part of the exercise...who wants to make a list for all the different ways this could absurdly blow up? Can't imagine the shit Reggie Hemphill-Mapps would have had to say. Or Jordan Elliot. Can you imagine Derek Foreman getting the mic and basically leveraging a school or boosters for money or else his kid is going to transfer and drop a bomb?

This is yet another reason why the NCAA should just allow "student-athletes" to transfer and play the next season.

This is going to get the coaches' attention.

42 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Long-term during Jimbo's presumed contract tenure, it might be better for A&M to lose that last game if it saves O.

49 minutes ago, pacman said:

These were also unofficial visits, where you can't buy a prospect anything, or it becomes an official visit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is yet another reason why the NCAA should just allow "student-athletes" to transfer and play the next season.

This is going to get the coaches' attention.

No shit.  I'm not sure if Herman was thinking about situations like this, but all the better that he gave his blessing for John Bonney to transfer to Tech. 

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

I agree with you. I don’t see how aggy wins more than 2 conference games and there’s a decent chance they bottom out and go 0-8. Sumlin didn’t leave Bilbo a baked cake, that’s for sure.

Jimbo's line to cross obviously isn't whether something is within the rules or not. So you have to wonder where is his line? No telling what else he is doing. These are only the things that Marchiol was directly involved in. This is all going to end for Jimbo and aggy pretty predictably at some point.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

NCAA should allow a no strings transfer policy if a coach is fired, but not if he leaves to take another job. Agree, this could blow up big time.

35 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Jimbo's line to cross obviously isn't whether something is within the rules or not. So you have to wonder where is his line? No telling what else he is doing. These are only the things that Marchiol was directly involved in. This is all going to end for Jimbo and aggy pretty predictably at some point.

Exactly. No one should be surprised that they've been caught doing this much so soon. They really haven't been hiding their intentions.

Aggy is one of the cheatingest all-time programs, with almost nothing to show for it. It's who they are. Their fans revel in it. Turdition.

2 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

giphy.gif

There might be something to Santino's allegations of excessively harsh workouts and poor care from the trainer.

Santino, never let anyone outside
		the family know what you are
		thinking.  I think your brain is
		going soft from all that comedy you
		play with that young girl ewe.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1