• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

There is literally no way to keep this from happening.  I am surprised that it wasn't John Sharpe in the restroom with a recruit, frankly.

After the cash they threw at that shit stadium and at the decaying coaches, the paying of players is literally and conceptually the very cheapest and easiest part of the entire enterprise. 

I think the important thing now is that Tim Brewster find a place to lie down. 

Sip media's got this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, demos said:

Don’t they also have a lack of depth at de but going to move one of those guys to lb?

Well, given that their only good DT is now playing DE, um... yeah, you could say depth there is a bit of a problem. But on the bright side, their secondary is so bad, is possible people will pass so much on them that nobody notices how bad they are against the run.

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Except for text messages about extra practices/film study and workouts during unpermitted times according to the NCAA. 

Marchiol showed USA TODAY Sports a text message from Peveto dated March 4 at 8:21 p.m. to linebackers informing them of a “Academic meeting at 5 am Monday morning! See u’ya there ! Thanks”

The text message doesn't say anything explicit. Which means it's only Marchiol's word against Peveto's. Not enough to get my hopes up.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Marchiol showed USA TODAY Sports a text message from Peveto dated March 4 at 8:21 p.m. to linebackers informing them of a “Academic meeting at 5 am Monday morning! See u’ya there ! Thanks”

The text message doesn't say anything explicit. Which means it's only Marchiol's word against Peveto's. Not enough to get my hopes up.

Well except for the fact nothing in the summer can start before 6:00 am 

Edited by Laxtonto

1 minute ago, Longhorn Fever said:

Unfortunately, A$M will get off with a minor slap and this kid is likely to lose his eligibility for keeping extra cash the coaches gave him. A$M should have rightly received the death penalty in the 90s and they deserve it now. They’ve got a stadium and loan from the academic side to pay off, though.

Prairie View will be punished.

24 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Well except for the fact nothing in the summer can start before 6:00 am 

Nothing athletically-related can start before 6 am, that is.

Again, Peveto can (and will) just lie and say that it really was an academic meeting, and there's no hard proof that it wasn't. What can the NCAA do in that case? Something more needs to come out for this to be a slam dunk, that's all I'm saying.