Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Bad call? LOL -- that motherfucker clearly fumbled through the endzone. And Clemson would tear them a new asshole now with Trevor Lawrence entrenched as the starting QB.

It was pretty clear Dabo was content to use aggy as a testing ground for his new qb and trying different things with his offense.  Pretty similar to how Mack would let some of the younger guys get more playing time against Rice or utep. 

You tend to be ok doing that in games you know are never really at risk, even if it makes the final score closer than it should have been. 

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Already preparing for that 'quality loss' argument again next season.

Most aggys dont know that the reason they are playing Clemson is that they cancelled with Oregon (was winning 10+ when cancelled) and scheduled Clemson (was winning 8ish games per year at the time).  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Already preparing for that 'quality loss' argument again next season.

Are they the only team to play both of them this year? I'm pretty sure that's the case and I was pretty sure that the inevitable aggy chest thumping was going to happen sometime this morning. 

WE PLAYED THEM BOTH! TWO BEST LOSSES IN THE COUNTRY! WE'RE OBVIOUSLY #3!!!

23 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I keep seeing aggys on other forums claiming to be the richest university in the state. What are they basing that on, as the UT system endowment is more than double A&M’s?

they understand finance about as well as they understand anything else

you can trust an Aggie to treat your animal if it's sick or injured, anything else is just vanity cosplay

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, 4Pete said:

Dave South.  No bigger homer in spots.  I bet he never goes a day not wearing moron... I mean maroon.  I always just figured he'd die at the mic.  Seemed like a way he'd want to go.  I guess the disappointment got to him.  Maybe he'll take up golf.

Not sure about him being the biggest homer. You probably never heard the old man who did the UGA games. Munson, I think.

Are they the only team to play both of them this year? I'm pretty sure that's the case and I was pretty sure that the inevitable aggy chest thumping was going to happen sometime this morning. 
WE PLAYED THEM BOTH! TWO BEST LOSSES IN THE COUNTRY! WE'RE OBVIOUSLY #3!!!

Louisville played Alabama and Clemson this season.

45 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Not sure about him being the biggest homer. You probably never heard the old man who did the UGA games. Munson, I think.

Yeah but he was entertaining, gave us the hobnail boot call.

South has never given such an intense or iconic call

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

What made Dave South unique was that not only was he a huge homer, but he was an assistant athletic director at aggy as well.  They didn't even pretend like he was a media guy first.  

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Louisville played Alabama and Clemson this season.

as with everything else, it only counts if you're in the SEC, see because Louisville is in the ACC so they didn't choo choo choooose to play Clemson the way A&M did, but A&M volunteered bravely to go to the SEC West to play Alabama every year

58 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We played two Top 5 teams in the same year as well, Georgia and Oklahoma.

Difference is we actually BEAT them instead of losing and then worshipping at the feet of their greatness.

Interesting note:  This season Texas played and defeated three of the premier programs - USC, OU, and UGA.  I doubt that has ever happened before, but I am too lazy to try and research it.  Since all have always been in different conferences, it would seem very unlikely.  

5 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Interesting note:  This season Texas played and defeated three of the premier programs - USC, OU, and UGA.  I doubt that has ever happened before, but I am too lazy to try and research it.  Since all have always been in different conferences, it would seem very unlikely.  

I seem to recall beating OU, USC, and Ohio State one year...

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Deej said:

Just checked in to my College Station hotel and get the Longhorn Network in my room. I'm surprised that doesn't violate a city ordinance.

Probably a service they provide on the DL.  Concierge desks in Vegas will hook you up with all kinds of stuff that's not legal.

...or so I've heard...

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Just checked in to my College Station hotel and get the Longhorn Network in my room. I'm surprised that doesn't violate a city ordinance.

I am shitting you not: the first week it was available on Suddenlink, it was fuzzy here in College Station. The. Only. Channel. Affected.

These fuckers don't always break the law when they feel like it, but they will for damned sure skirt it in any way they can. There may be honor among thieves, but there is none among sheep fuckers.

8 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

More crying from Matty

aggy has not won a National Championship since 1939.

That was so long ago, there wasn't a single current D1 head football coach alive. The Republic of Indonesia didn't exist.  Adolf Hitler was alive.

Their everlasting uppitiness is funny.

• Like 1