Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Their OOC schedule is almost guaranteed to break 3-1 for them.

In conference, Bama, UGA, and @LSU look like probable losses.

Auburn may be a tough out; call it a coin flip.

They should win most or all of their other second-tier SEC games, but it would not be surprising for one or two of the weak sisters to surprise them. I’m thinking Arky Chad may have a better ‘19 than he did ‘18.

They broke pattern by nabbing that 7OT win over LSU, but I think that is unlikely to recur frequently. Their ceiling with this schedule looks like 8 wins (pre-bowl). The floor is not much below it. In ‘20/21 they play no OOC tougher than Colorado. With UGA and UF out of the SEC-E rotation those years, they will be able to run off 10-win seasons without beating anyone with a pulse. If they are still winning only 8 or 9 a year by 2021, Jimbo will have pulled off the biggest heist in Texas history.

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Loochie has taken over for 13-0 Branding Iron, whose drug-addled brain has apparently fully retired. Looch is the current reigning Nostradumbass.

His takes should purely be taken as satire, since his 77 IQ prevents anything resembling objectivity. Of course, he's still just an aggy recruiting booster posing as a journalist.

77? 77iq?  Hot dang you are a kind and generous man....

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, El Squared said:

The lamest, pussy rationalization for losing a bowl game is the "We didn't want to be there" routine. They don't mind scheduling cupcake FCS , they save their emotional energy for for bending over a handicapped opponent, I guess to inflate their egos, which really seems to resonate with aggy and seems very aggy, so they are in the right conference.

As far as making the SEC/aggy/ "we" look bad, It kinda does, but really with their pathetic excuses on why they couldn't or wouldn't  win it makes them look more like , you know,

.......losers.

That would be like me telling an ultra hot 10+ blond "I m just not into you" when the truth was, I couldn't get it up.

The above is strictly a fictional account for analogys' sake....

11 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

If they are still winning only 8 or 9 a year by 2021, Jimbo will have pulled off the biggest heist in Texas history.

They will never compete for the SEC championship, and never for their division.  Even 9-10 wins, and he still would have pulled off the biggest heist.   

Jimbo getting paid to keep them from being embarrassed.

6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

So there was this:

and just earlier in the day:

Just look at aggy's wall if you need any proof that they have no idea how to count conference championships.

If we're going to count the bullshit no-CCG shared titles on equal footing then let's count 2002 and 2008 as "shared" titles for Texas while we're at it.

Or we can count NY6 bowl wins since 2000 of which Texas has 5. 

Outside of Johnny Football's 2012 Cotton Bowl over the land thieves you have to go back to fucking 1987 to find another aggy NY6 win. 

Their overall NY6 record (6-10) is a joke consideringTexas now sits at 18-13-1. 

And a lot of those aggy bowls have been much less relevant contests. 

when i moved to Texas as a 2nd grader,  there was a guy named Earl Campbell playing for the Longhorns. I watched as many games as I could find on TV.

and this came in the mail

0003141_earl-campbell-of-the-longhorns.j  

Then this happened

a986d7dc0a08738a425d9cca0efc7156.jpg

then this happened

920x920.jpg

I was a Longhorn fan from the second I knew what the hell a Longhorn was.

There was a kid in my class named Dale that had a flattop and wore aggy shirts to school. Nobody like Dale

and the rest is history 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:
It makes so much sense that an aggy "all-time great" was barely ever a blip on the college football radar in his time at The Station. 

Man, local sports radio has been a barrage of sound bites of his career long run. I'll grant you, any run over 90 yards is newsworthy. But not 24/7, even if it were for a Heisman trophy winner. This cat is not even worthy of a Heisman invite, let alone the trophy.

But they are right about one thing, at least. He is an aggy "all time great".

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Bases on the methodology and our score, either 2 writers gave us a 9, or one gave us an 8. 

I’d be interested in explanations. For the one 9 for Michigan also. 

Since their 7 OT "win" against LSU, aggy has lost

their best recruiter to Mack Brown

their best RB, their best TE, their best OL, their best LB, 4 SR's in their defensive front, and another SR DB who was also their best secondary player.

If they lose Elko to Temple, Rogers and Madubuike to the NFL it will become more than clear everyone involved with that program fucking hates Fisher's schtik.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So their stating C, “TE”, RB, and LB have all left early. Their DL is graduating and Elko is still under consideration at Temple.

Next year might be as much of a train wreck as you could expect.

So I was saying Jimbo is going to be good for 7-9 wins a year, but I'm going to have to drop that to a definite 7 wins next year.

48 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Since their 7 OT "win" against LSU, aggy has lost

their best recruiter to Mack Brown

their best RB, their best TE, their best OL, their best LB, 4 SR's in their defensive front, and another SR DB who was also their best secondary player.

If they lose Elko to Temple, Rogers and Madubuike to the NFL it will become more than clear everyone involved with that program fucking hates Fisher's schtik.

FSU is holding open walk-on tryouts to try and fill out their roster this week.  Jimbo left that place in tip top shape.  

https://seminoles.com/football-walk-on-tryouts-scheduled/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jinx said:

FSU is holding open walk-on tryouts to try and fill out their roster this week.  Jimbo left that place in tip top shape.  

I remember Looch and Gabe bragging and being happy about FSU going 5-7 this year.

You'd think that would be a canary in the mine shaft, but we're talking about functioning regards here. 

So Matt is the crowner of Blu

I bet he couldn't find another fanbase in the nation to agree with him. Not even the other 13 SEC members. When aggy first left, they could get away with this because most didn't know better so just assumed aggy was some elite team.  But now they have been slammed over and over for fairytale posts that nowdays they just come off as having a severe cast of cock envy...

I hope we beat LSU by 10...  

Aggy lose to Clemson and Bama but go on a "streak" until weak ass Georgia who the sips beat, blasts them by 21. Followed up by pounding from "aggy owned" LSU...

And for a bonus.  We make the playoffs and manhandle the NOW SEC good,--gonna slaught the sips--UGA in a 17 point win.. 

Aggy creativity in explaining our successes is nothing but gold...

Oh i thi k Matt meant blue balls

Edited by Gaffords

10 hours ago, jinx said:

Walk-on tryouts?  You mean like the 12th man?  Better call TWU law aggy to file a lawsuit!  Whoop! 

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I dont recall Williams going back for punts or kickoffs, or at least on a normal basis.  I do remember every time Sproles went back on punts I thought "just kick it out of bounds".

No returns for him this year.  Williams is the anti-Sproles.  The aggy wilted in big games: 31 yds against Clemson and 31 again vs Bama.  When Sproles faced #1 OU he had 235 yards on the ground and another 88 receiving.

• Like 1