• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

one of my aggy coworkers who is usually about as hullabaloo caneck caneck as it gets and I figured was going to piss me off enough to punch him today told me he didn't think they were going to be Arky either. lol     I almost fell over.

They will beat them.  The game will probably go about like the CU game.  Arkansas’ offense is in reality trash and probably won’t score more than 10 points against that defense.  Jimbo will devise this novel concept of throwing to his best players (RBs) out of the backfield and score a couple of touchdowns. 

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I just remember an interview with a girl in the same boat and she said his head was gone or something like that, either way what a fucking horrible thing to happen.

Yes, doing a quick Google search confirmed that.  Still, the yellow below the slide appeared to be a torso, but must have been something else.  In any case a horrific, inexcusable tragedy.

11 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes, doing a quick Google search confirmed that.  Still, the yellow below the slide appeared to be a torso, but must have been something else.  In any case a horrific, inexcusable tragedy.

For what it's worth, years ago, a customer of mine used to work maintenance at the original park. He said some scary shit happened almost every day he worked there. He was not impressed with the owners, management or ride designs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, n64ra said:

aggys say they only run out of time. Boy, they sure gave this one a loooong time.

Aggie hands in final paper 42 years after graduating

One thing that holds back aggys and will never change until A&M is mercifully reformed from the top down is that aggys never pay attention to details. Cutting corners is de rigueur for aggys. Half-assing is every bit as acceptable to them as being meticulous. 

I do not believe for an instant this guy was the first or the last to be granted a degree by Texas A&M and not have fulfilled the requirements for the degree.

• Haha 1

Jumbo update:

Texas A&M quarterback Haynes King has sustained a broken right leg with a crack at the low part of his tibia bone and will be sidelined for a while head coach Jimbo Fisher announced during Monday’s press conference. Fisher said King has undergone surgery and that the procedure went as well as it could have gone.

The A&M coach declined to offer a prognosis for when King would return.

“I’m not a doctor. When you heal, you heal,” Fisher said.

King was injured on the Aggies’ sixth offensive play of a 10-7 victory over Colorado on Saturday afternoon. He was hurt on a tackle by defensive end Guy Thomas. 

A redshirt freshman, King has completed 22-of-35 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns with three interceptions this season.

Zach Calzada takes over the starting quarterback role until King returns. Calzada completed 18-of-38 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown against Colorado.

That’s gotta hurt.

Wait, the hobbit isnt a doc? Who knew..

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 9/13/2021 at 4:17 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:
Jumbo update:

Texas A&M quarterback Haynes King has sustained a broken right leg with a crack at the low part of his tibia bone and will be sidelined for a while head coach Jimbo Fisher announced during Monday’s press conference. Fisher said King has undergone surgery and that the procedure went as well as it could have gone.

The A&M coach declined to offer a prognosis for when King would return.

“I’m not a doctor. When you heal, you heal,” Fisher said.

King was injured on the Aggies’ sixth offensive play of a 10-7 victory over Colorado on Saturday afternoon. He was hurt on a tackle by defensive end Guy Thomas. 

A redshirt freshman, King has completed 22-of-35 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns with three interceptions this season.

Zach Calzada takes over the starting quarterback role until King returns. Calzada completed 18-of-38 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown against Colorado.

That’s gotta hurt.

Wait, the hobbit isnt a doc? Who knew..

He sounds pissed.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:44 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Per texags:

Haynes King had surgery Sunday morning to repair a fracture and there was no ligament damage. Out 4-6 weeks.

So their remaining schedule is as follows:

New Mexico (should be no problem for that awful back up QB they have)

Arky (Pittman goes in dry and pig finally snaps the losing streak)

Miss State (the pirate pulls the "upset" because sometimes a pirate can beat a solider)

Alabama (LULZ!! BITE THE PILLOW JIMBO!)

Mizzou

South Carolina 

Auburn (most likely a loss)

Ole Miss (most likely a loss)

Prairie View

LSU (most likely a loss)

• Like 3

On "aggy fact Thursday," I'd like to congratulate Kyle Umlang on his elevation into the Texags Hall of Fame. By the use of a concept known as "honesty" (which is not part of the aggy "corps values") Kyle has so shattered the self-image of aggys he has been gifted his very own texags thread. Turdition demands he now be cyberstalked by that bunch of smoothbores. They will inevitably get his actual name wrong, he will be assigned a farcical personal history, assigned a non-existent ex-wife (that, of course, some redneck aggy from Katy has been confirmed to be "plowing") and all the other accoutrements associated with the trade school-level petulance that is such a part of aggy culture.

Here's to you, Kyle! Keep up the good work.

As is enshrined on the Duke family crest - "Veritas et probitas super omnia."

umlang texags.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, closetojumping said:

Ha. “Our 4-6 weeks.” That implies that homeboy is back on the field for someone between Bama and South Carolina. Right. I’ll be stunned if he’s out there ahead of November. 

Those of us who have fractured a foot, ankle,  or leg know this is wishful thinking...    He might be out of the cast or brace in six weeks, but then rehab starts for a couple weeks at the very least.     aggy should just acknowledge they are screwed....

7-5 if they are lucky and win their bowl game.  Then it's 6-6 with four of those wins thanks to the cupcake non conference schedule...

But they should not be left of the hook since they put all faith in Jimbo and he is supposed to be this great QB Whisper.   There shouldn't be any radical drop off from 1 to 2 QB's unless the QB in question is Heisman product which King is waaaaay  from from this.    That's if we are too believe the spin from Collie Station about their overpaid/hyped coach.

For those of you needing a quick $1 million dollars, the total amount claimed so far by participants in the “The $1,000,000 Texas A&M Yell Leader Tradition Contest” is exactly $0.00.

“The $1,000,000 Texas A&M Yell Leader Tradition Contest.”

In order to help people better know about Texas A&M University and TAMU’s traditions, Randolph Duke and aggypedia.com announce “The $1,000,000 Texas A&M Yell Leader Tradition Contest.”

Anyone can participate. All that is needed is a few minutes to read the story of how the Texas A&M Aggie Yell Leader tradition was originated and figure out at which Aggie home football game the tradition first originated.

Each player can submit up to six guesses to get the correct answer.

The first 1,000 correct answers will receive $1,000 each. There is no limit to how many times an individual can play, so once a player finds the correct answer, they can resubmit that answer as many times as they want until the $1,000,000 prize money has been paid out.

The A&M Story:

"When A&M was an all-male military college in 1907, students often invited guests from Texas Women’s University to take the train to College Station and attend Aggie football games. Then as now, only a certain number of guest tickets were available, and these would be handed out based on seniority, so freshmen were rarely able to bring guests to the games.

According to legend, the Aggies were being out-scored so badly during one football game that the TWU students were threatening to leave the game due to boredom. To prevent this, the upperclassmen ordered the freshmen, or “fish,” to find a way to entertain their guests.  The freshmen raided a janitor’s closet and changed into the white coveralls they found there and began leading the crowd in yells from the track area in front of the stands. The freshmen got so much attention from the students of TWU that it was decided that only upperclassmen would be allowed to participate in this entertainment in the future."

Source: https://yell.tamu.edu/

Hence, due to this game, the aggy "turdition" of "yell leaders" was originated.

The Clues

The year was 1907.

It was a home football game for A&M.

The A&M football team was being badly outscored.

Texas A&M played five home football games in 1907. Each participant can submit up to six guesses to guess the correct game. Once the correct answer is determined, that answer can be resubmitted time and time again, until the $1,000,000 in prize money total has been paid out.

Participate in this challenge and you are guaranteed to better understand Texas A&M University and its “traditions.” Good luck! Whoop!

aggy letter 1907.jpeg

On 9/13/2021 at 4:36 PM, Randolph Duke said:

4.8 yards per passing attempt for Calzada. 4.0 yards per rushing attempt for the team

Brutal.

They will start feeding the ball the Archane.  He's dangerous if he can run straight at you and make you miss him.   Not so much running east to west on the field.

The Aggy line is crap just like ours (maybe worse)  and if  the rest of the SEC defenses force the aggys to run and adjust accordingly for Archane, they are royally screwed.   After playing the cupcakes from New Mexico, they won't be scoring more than 21 per game on offense for sure until they play Prairie View A&M in November.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

For those of you needing a quick $1 million dollars, the total amount claimed so far by participants in the “The $1,000,000 Texas A&M Yell Leader Tradition Contest” is exactly $0.00.

aggy letter 1907.jpeg

https://yell.tamu.edu/

They actually allowed someone from NYC to be one of their Yell Leaders.....  How did this get by their Minister of Propaganda and Truth? 

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They will start feeding the ball the Archane.  He's dangerous if he can run straight at you and make you miss him.   Not so much running east to west on the field.

The Aggy line is crap just like ours (maybe worse)  and if  the rest of the SEC defenses force the aggys to run and adjust accordingly for Archane, they are royally screwed.   After playing the cupcakes from New Mexico, they won't be scoring more than 21 per game on offense for sure until they play Prairie View A&M in November.  

Arky is going to force Calzada to beat them with his arm.

4.8 years per attempt is too much of a weakness not to exploit. An incompletion will kill a drive. As will a penalty, sack, or tfl. They can't play from behind.

Shutting down Achane is easy. The risk is Calzada lights them up in the air.

Would you accept that risk?

Yes.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Tell me we're not going to be such giant pussies as to schedule the likes of Kent St or moreso FCS schools like PV when we join that league.

I can’t see that happening.  Although I think it’s good that they give PV a million bucks a year or whatever it is from their football budget and hope they keep doing so via a game or otherwise.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I can’t see that happening.  Although I think it’s good that they give PV a million bucks a year or whatever it is from their football budget and hope they keep doing so via a game or otherwise.

When UT had to come to a funding accommodation with its agricultural branch college, 1/3 of the university's endowment was dedicated to the branch college. That accommodation is currently worth around $13B.

When A&M had to come to a financial accommodation with Prairie View, A&M's branch college, "the ghost of Sul Ross" rose up and declared PV would get not a fucking dime. Obviously, in the world of Texas A&M, it literally doesn't pay to be Black.

"it’s good that they give PV a million bucks a year or whatever"

Yea, it's so good of John Sharp to throw a $1 mil a year, or whatever, to PV.

Are you serious?

utimco july 2021.jpeg

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

This has been the prediction every single year since they've been in the sec. Hasn't really worked out that way, ever.

We are the object of Arkansas' hatred. Aggy is not. Aggy's fatass DL will stuff the Arkie run game. They'll do what we didn't even try to do and make Arkie one-dimensional.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Miss State (the pirate pulls the "upset" because sometimes a pirate can beat a solider)

Alabama (LULZ!! BITE THE PILLOW JIMBO!)

Mizzou

South Carolina 

Auburn (most likely a loss)

Ole Miss (most likely a loss)

Prairie View

LSU (most likely a loss)

Shit, I’m not so sure that they can beat anyone on that list.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This has been the prediction every single year since they've been in the sec. Hasn't really worked out that way, ever.

We are the object of Arkansas' hatred. Aggy is not. Aggy's fatass DL will stuff the Arkie run game. They'll do what we didn't even try to do and make Arkie one-dimensional.

Remember though, even Bert and that god awful Chad Morris squad took aggy to OT a few times and once down to the wire of the 4th quarter. 

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Tell me we're not going to be such giant pussies as to schedule the likes of Kent St or moreso FCS schools like PV when we join that league.

I hope not.  But that has been the MO of the SEC schools in the BCS/Playoff era.  

1) Use the four non conference games to guarantee four wins and solidify your early season press selected poll raiting.  But as we've seen, some schools have broke away from this and at least allowed for one game to be played against a fellow Power 5 team.   This allows the SEC to say they don't pad their scheudles while they still do by playing FCS teams and not so good ones at that.

2) Use that forth game in November to "rest" and solidify the late in season poll ranking , especially if you are in a situation to get a top tier bowl or playoff spot.

I thought I had seen something CDC or another reliable source posted on the Realignment thread , we were going to stay the course with our scheduling.    A power 5 like we have with Michigan and Ohio State in a few years....   and a Rice, UTEP, Texas State , UTSA,, etc.   to fill the other gaps as we have it scheduled now.   But it will be interesting to see who we get to fill the Bama non conference game the next two years assuming we leave the Rig 12 after this academic year.   We might have four cupcakes or three plus one mid major like we did this year with ULL.    UTSA might fill that void next year, but we might have to fill the Bama slot with a Sam Houston or someone else in the interim who can afford to drop one of their non conference games against a horrible fellow FCS school or D2.   In the same chatter, there is some thinking the non conference slots might be reduced to three to accommodate another conference game which should have been done years ago by the SEC.  Even some of the most solid SEC homers realize this was not a good look, especially when some criticize someone like Norte Dame for how they cherry pick their schedules.  

If we go to a three game non conference as we have it now, hopefully we do this.  Games one and three can be flipped.  

First game---- Conference USA, American Conference, Sun Belt , Mountain West , etc.

Second game-  Marquee against a Big 10, Pac 12, ACC or the from the new Rig 12?  

Third game-  Cupcake--- allows for some letdown if game two is a the featured matchup nationally.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

But they never win. 

But they were absolute pig poop while aggy was on the top of the roller coaster before their October fall.   

Playing neutral site has made these games closer in Arky's favor, IMO.   

There is only one game of note  (2012)since they started playing yearly in 2009 before they went SEC and made it a permanent part of the schedule where these games have not been close.   That one game was when everything went almost perfect for those pecker heads.   I guess 2016 was kind of lopsided too, but everything else was a 14 or less difference considering how horrible Pig was during that time span.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas–Texas_A%26M_football_rivalry

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy letter 1907.jpeg

So, if we say that this story is complete bullshit because aggy won all 5 of their home games in 1907, can we still collect the $1 million?