• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

If I’m Jimbo, I don’t leave the kind of job security and payout he has suckered aggy into for less than 7 years at $10 million per year guaranteed. In today’s world of Monopoly money for coaches, however, LSU just might do that, and it would be glorious to watch. 

It would be so much funnier if he leaves for LSU and takes a pay cut to do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Hozz said:

I don't see any scenario where he leaves for LSU unless they guarantee, at a minimum, every dollar he'd be leaving on his Aggie contract.  I don't LSU is dumb enough to do that though.

The current AD at LSU is the person who gave Jimbo his original A&M contract. I think Woodward’s philosophy on coaching contracts is pretty clear. He’s not afraid to overpay. 

Jimbo’s issue is he has to win something. It’s been a while since aggy dropped a game to a team they had no business losing to. That has been the key to their last 10 year run. At some point, either aggy mean reverts and drops a couple of head scratchers, or Jimbo actually win something. Smart money would bet that they mean revert. 

If Jimbo wins something, LSU would pay him what he wants. Coming up, the ags have arky, Miss St and Bama in three successive weeks. The best of those games will be Miss St. Mike Leach is going to be in rare form the week before that game. 

Based on what we saw yesterday, aggy looks to have depth problems. My guess is Leach frustrates the living Hell out of Jimbo this year, we transition back to “wait until next year” and Jimbo starts getting heat for never being able to deliver. 

On 9/8/2021 at 1:14 AM, justhookit said:

To this day that has to be the biggest ass whipping in a conference championship game ever. We could have put up 100 pretty easily. Vince was on his mission.

Yep. Absolutely zero doubt we could have easily gone over 100.

On 9/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, GTX Horn said:

I really don’t get the Jimbo to LSU rumors. He’s getting paid a shitload of money at aggy, they treat him like a god despite not having any better achievements during his tenure than Kevin Sumlin. LSU fans would be a much more demanding bunch. He can practically coast the rest of his career at aggy without winning anything and they’d still deify him

Remember the tweet that talked about how happy Jimbo & his hoar wife are in B-CS? I mean ... does anyone really believe that?

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Somebody remind Looch that aggy fans were weirdly chanting “Fuck Joe Biden!” at last week’s game at Kyle.

Some of them even boo'd when they were supposed to hiss. That offensive behavior will not be tolerated...prompted a strongly worded letter.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

From a facebook "friend" who has a son in the corps

May be an image of text that says 'TEXAS TEXAS AGGIE YELL 1907 DERS ALETTER TO THE 12TH MAN FROM HEAD YELL LEADER MEMO SALINAS '22'

May be an image of text

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

I obviously saw this on Saturday in the game thread but I just put it together that the dickhead on the left is wearing the same shirt. They are wearing matching Texas isn't back shirts to the Colorado game. 

Just...

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

Oh, look closer. Just when you think it can't get any more aggy, you're reminded that...it's aggy and of course it can. There were like 6 of them all sitting together wearing it.

So, not just one dumbass aggy decided this was a good look. Nope, a whole group of middle aged men pooled their burgundy truck payment money together to get front row seats and after talking it over and thinking it through, decided, not only to all wear matching shirts, but to go with that shirt.

You can't make this shit up...

On 9/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, Landomatic said:

E4D6BE2E-C613-4D18-8F94-C721ADAA2EBA.jpeg

On 9/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, Zeus said:

IMG_20210911_174623.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, Eastwood said:

Aggy struggles in back to back games against absolute scrubs and they couldn't be more ecstatic.

I was listening to the radio call when they scored and their sideline guy was positively giddy, like a freaking teenage girl. I was embarrassed for him. 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. “Our 4-6 weeks.” That implies that homeboy is back on the field for someone between Bama and South Carolina. Right. I’ll be stunned if he’s out there ahead of November. 

Doesn't really matter I suppose.  The season will be done for them by then, and he'd have to make more contact with P5 players, putting him right back onto the sidelines.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. “Our 4-6 weeks.” That implies that homeboy is back on the field for someone between Bama and South Carolina. Right. I’ll be stunned if he’s out there ahead of November. 

That's pretty fortunate timing for them if true. Right before Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU. Of course, he'd be coming in rusty with only the 3 INT Kent St game of experience. Their backloaded schedule really helping them out a lot.

Jumbo update:

Texas A&M quarterback Haynes King has sustained a broken right leg with a crack at the low part of his tibia bone and will be sidelined for a while head coach Jimbo Fisher announced during Monday’s press conference. Fisher said King has undergone surgery and that the procedure went as well as it could have gone.

The A&M coach declined to offer a prognosis for when King would return.

“I’m not a doctor. When you heal, you heal,” Fisher said.

King was injured on the Aggies’ sixth offensive play of a 10-7 victory over Colorado on Saturday afternoon. He was hurt on a tackle by defensive end Guy Thomas. 

A redshirt freshman, King has completed 22-of-35 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns with three interceptions this season.

Zach Calzada takes over the starting quarterback role until King returns. Calzada completed 18-of-38 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown against Colorado.

That’s gotta hurt.

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Jumbo update:

Texas A&M quarterback Haynes King has sustained a broken right leg with a crack at the low part of his tibia bone and will be sidelined for a while head coach Jimbo Fisher announced during Monday’s press conference. Fisher said King has undergone surgery and that the procedure went as well as it could have gone.

The A&M coach declined to offer a prognosis for when King would return.

“I’m not a doctor. When you heal, you heal,” Fisher said.

King was injured on the Aggies’ sixth offensive play of a 10-7 victory over Colorado on Saturday afternoon. He was hurt on a tackle by defensive end Guy Thomas. 

A redshirt freshman, King has completed 22-of-35 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns with three interceptions this season.

Zach Calzada takes over the starting quarterback role until King returns. Calzada completed 18-of-38 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown against Colorado.

That’s gotta hurt.

4.8 yards per passing attempt for Calzada. 4.0 yards per rushing attempt for the team

Brutal.

• Like 1