Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

So, if we say that this story is complete bullshit because aggy won all 5 of their home games in 1907, can we still collect the $1 million?

Nope. You have to follow the aggy story and figure out which game in 1907 the turdition originated.

aggys are "super-duper smart" and A&M is such a "vaunted research university," I am sure one of those geniuses can explain which game in 1907.

Five options, six guesses. And still not a one of them can figure it out.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy letter 1907.jpeg

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 9/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, Tex-19 said:

That's pretty fortunate timing for them if true. Right before Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU. Of course, he'd be coming in rusty with only the 3 INT Kent St game of experience. Their backloaded schedule really helping them out a lot.

Maybe. I'm not sure King is all that good, either.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, Sir Ulrich said:

From a 247 poster so obviously take with a grain of salt 

Screenshot_20210910-205956_Chrome.jpg

If the Aggies don't improve immensely, they'll barely crack .500. The bonus will be that LSU will:

1. Lose interest in an aging, overpaid better-tha- average coach, or
  2. Have Jimbo at their price because Jimbo's a no-go in Co-Co* and wants a better place for winning.

Either way, Aggies get an ouchie. Stuck with a half-ass coach at top dollar or bitch-slapped back into their place in the SEC hierarchy.

*That's a reach for College Station, but I couldn't resist.

• Hook 'Em 2

"Not sure where to put this, but I figured I would put it here. So my kid plays volleyball. My wife thought it would be a good idea for them to watch the big girls play. So since UT is playing Rice here in Houston, she went to the coach and set it up so instead of practice they would go as a team to the game. She calls Rice and sets everything up. Goes into the coaches office and the coach tells her everyone looks like they are good to go except Susan(fake name), because her mom is an Aggy and refuses to allow her to attend a UT game.".

Sorry to say this child has the possibility of doing drugs, running away from home or both later in life. Just because the mom is a piece of crap, she should not interfere with her daughters activities in that manner. We can only hope the mom has a prolonged and painful yeast infection for the next six months.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Those of us who have fractured a foot, ankle,  or leg know this is wishful thinking...    He might be out of the cast or brace in six weeks, but then rehab starts for a couple weeks at the very least.     aggy should just acknowledge they are screwed....

7-5 if they are lucky and win their bowl game.  Then it's 6-6 with four of those wins thanks to the cupcake non conference schedule...

But they should not be left of the hook since they put all faith in Jimbo and he is supposed to be this great QB Whisper.   There shouldn't be any radical drop off from 1 to 2 QB's unless the QB in question is Heisman product which King is waaaaay  from from this.    That's if we are too believe the spin from Collie Station about their overpaid/hyped coach.

6 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They will start feeding the ball the Archane.  He's dangerous if he can run straight at you and make you miss him.   Not so much running east to west on the field.

The Aggy line is crap just like ours (maybe worse)  and if  the rest of the SEC defenses force the aggys to run and adjust accordingly for Archane, they are royally screwed.   After playing the cupcakes from New Mexico, they won't be scoring more than 21 per game on offense for sure until they play Prairie View A&M in November.  

6 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Arky is going to force Calzada to beat them with his arm.

4.8 years per attempt is too much of a weakness not to exploit. An incompletion will kill a drive. As will a penalty, sack, or tfl. They can't play from behind.

Shutting down Achane is easy. The risk is Calzada lights them up in the air.

Would you accept that risk?

Yes.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, Tex-19 said:

That's pretty fortunate timing for them if true. Right before Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU. Of course, he'd be coming in rusty with only the 3 INT Kent St game of experience. Their backloaded schedule really helping them out a lot.

7bebeb290f7789a52f7de434ff912171474d98e1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Not sure where to put this, but I figured I would put it here. So my kid plays volleyball. My wife thought it would be a good idea for them to watch the big girls play. So since UT is playing Rice here in Houston, she went to the coach and set it up so instead of practice they would go as a team to the game. She calls Rice and sets everything up. Goes into the coaches office and the coach tells her everyone looks like they are good to go except Susan(fake name), because her mom is an Aggy and refuses to allow her to attend a UT game.

If yall would have called it a Rice game, she would have let her go.  YALL are the bad parents. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Hey, he hasn’t been indicted for the felony charges yet, he’s not due back in court until Feb 23.  So he’s good to go until jimbo has to kick him off the team on Feb 24. 

Good to see dumbo is back in peak form, helping build character and accountability amongst young men.  I’m all for winning, making as much money as you can and even bending the rules.  But own a fucking moral compass of some sort, even if it’s rusty and always faces the same direction, at least try a little.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Hey, he hasn’t been indicted for the felony charges yet, he’s not due back in court until Feb 23.  So he’s good to go until jimbo has to kick him off the team on Feb 24. 

Good to see dumbo is back in peak form, helping build character and accountability amongst young men.  I’m all for winning, making as much money as you can and even bending the rules.  But own a fucking moral compass of some sort, even if it’s rusty and always faces the same direction, at least try a little.  

They will suspend for half of PVAM game.  In November 

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Not sure where to put this, but I figured I would put it here. So my kid plays volleyball. My wife thought it would be a good idea for them to watch the big girls play. So since UT is playing Rice here in Houston, she went to the coach and set it up so instead of practice they would go as a team to the game. She calls Rice and sets everything up. Goes into the coaches office and the coach tells her everyone looks like they are good to go except Susan(fake name), because her mom is an Aggy and refuses to allow her to attend a UT game.

I take my oldest (and will eventually take the little ones) to a Rice/UT baseball game every year. Tell her when it comes time, she can pick either one and it’ll be ok.  She always roots for the horns though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

In Junior High my FCA group got the opportunity to go to a college football game but since our coach was an aggy my first college football of my life ended up being in College Station. Thankfully my parents aren't mentally deranged like Susan because I got to sit in the end zone at Kyle and watch Miami pound the snot out of the aggys. 

Screenshot_20210916-222612_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

If the Aggies don't improve immensely, they'll barely crack .500. The bonus will be that LSU will:

1. Lose interest in an aging, overpaid better-tha- average coach, or
  2. Have Jimbo at their price because Jimbo's a no-go in Co-Co* and wants a better place for winning.

Either way, Aggies get an ouchie. Stuck with a half-ass coach at top dollar or bitch-slapped back into their place in the SEC hierarchy.

*That's a reach for College Station, but I couldn't resist.

Not to mention at the same time big brother will be back rubbing the burnt orange nuts all over aggy’s face every day.  Every time aggy thinks the normal misery will end, something always comes along and screws it all up.  Poor aggy.....they should be pitied and maybe even studied, but never taken seriously.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Let me guess. Texags is complaining about the campus cops. Then they're saying everybody else does it. Then, about ten minutes later, they'll tell somebody that A&M is a special place with the best people and an honor code and everything.

Just read the Aggie cheerleader letter to the fans! Klassy!

13 hours ago, markstanco said:

If yall would have called it a Rice game, she would have let her go.  YALL are the bad parents. 

We are number 1 in these here United States of America at hitting a ball back and forth over a net. It's never the Rice game.

Houston is currently overrun with Aggy and their T-shirt fans. I was gone for some 20+ years, but when did Aggy become a community college? Everyone I meet went there, and is walking around with that stupid ring on. They might as well pass out letter jackets too with 3 National Championships on them. The ring isn't special when everyone has one. That's like me purchasing a Nissan Altima and walking around like........

texas-sucks-tom-herman.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

So Aggy almost ran the table, best record they've had since 1994. Haynes King was hot garbage and he was starting over Calzada. Their offensive line looks worse than ours. Then King, their best option, gets hurt a game before conference play. Man, you hate to see it. With the sky high expectations, looks like we all will be able to enjoy Aggy tears this fall.

FearlessHighlevelBluejay-max-1mb.gif

Just now, Thatguy said:

So Aggy almost ran the table, best record they've had since 1994. Haynes King was hot garbage and he was starting over Calzada. Their offensive line looks worse than ours. Then King, their best option, gets hurt a game before conference play. Man, you hate to see it. With the sky high expectations, looks like we all will be able to enjoy Aggy tears this fall.

FearlessHighlevelBluejay-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

farmerfran-waterboy.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Sorry to say this child has the possibility of doing drugs, running away from home or both later in life. Just because the mom is a piece of crap, she should not interfere with her daughters activities in that manner. We can only hope the mom has a prolonged and painful yeast infection for the next six months.  

Imagine your daughter finishes high school and is recruited by Texas, one of the perennial powers in volleyball. She has a chance to chase her dreams and possibly win a National Championship along the way, and you tell her she can't play there because it's UT.

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Probably won’t let the daughter wear a mask either.

Almost always the type, right?

21 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Friend of a friends kid: nationally ranked golfer with offers from all over the country at elite college golf programs. Parents are both LSU alumni, and the kid chooses Aggie.*

Said it was because he thought it was a good cultural fit. Poor kid never stood a chance.

*aggy

Yet again, the value of the aggy education on full display.

From TOS:

"As a state school, I would love for A&M to review the ROI of every major, and immediately reallocate away from the degrees which don't serve Texas / Texans. It likely means you gut the liberal arts department & reemphasize STEM - which would hurt us even more in some of these rankings but be the mission-oriented correct decision. If you can afford to get a worthless Arts degree - have at it at some private school, but public institutions should benefit the society which funds them.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3226744/replies/60190190

How does someone like this get a college degree?

He wants to "reform" higher education funding, not having a clue that exactly what he is asking for has been in existence for decades through the Higher Education Coordinating Board.

And the reason he doesn't have a clue about how government uses economics to drive decisions, is because he went to a school where government and economics have already been so marginalized that the students graduate without a clue about even the basics of how government and economists function in the economy.

How are those idiots still allowed to vote?

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Yet again, the value of the aggy education on full display.

From TOS:

"As a state school, I would love for A&M to review the ROI of every major, and immediately reallocate away from the degrees which don't serve Texas / Texans. It likely means you gut the liberal arts department & reemphasize STEM - which would hurt us even more in some of these rankings but be the mission-oriented correct decision. If you can afford to get a worthless Arts degree - have at it at some private school, but public institutions should benefit the society which funds them.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3226744/replies/60190190

How does someone like this get a college degree?

He wants to "reform" higher education funding, not having a clue that exactly what he is asking for has been in existence for decades through the Higher Education Coordinating Board.

And the reason he doesn't have a clue about how government uses economics to drive decisions, is because he went to a school where government and economics have already been so marginalized that the students graduate without a clue about even the basics of how government and economists function in the economy.

How are those idiots still allowed to vote?

Not to mention the conclusion that STEM disciplines are the only ones that benefit society.

No doubt STEM benefits society, but a STEM education by itself, divorced from the context of a liberal arts holistic education, produces automatons who are incapable of understanding their place in the world, evaluation of risk, or appreciating nuances or cultural differences.
Hmmm, what institution in Texas produces people like that?

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm surprised it's only 58% acceptance rate.  I would have figured well into the 70's at this point.  

Everything with them has to be so fucking binary.  I work in finance but also appreciate having a well-rounded education.  I think it makes me more effective in all facets of my life, including fatherhood.  If they wanna be the state's over-glorified tradeschool, let 'em.  The THECB can accept their modifications and bake 'em into a new bill for next session.  The new Chairman would fucking love to do that, he hates Aggies.  

Remember in social studies in 5th grade or so, you'd start learning about other countries...and the book had those little boxes with the flag, the capital city, the languages, the major industries, etc.  And their biggest exports?  I was out sick the day they taught us how to read through one of those things and understand them for future study.  So when I got back to school, I thought "Textiles" meant they exported tile, for a floor or bathroom or roof.  I had no idea what the word meant, that was my best guess.  I was never inquisitive enough to look up what it really meant.  I didn't correctly learn that textiles are fabric/clothing/material until much later, in a geography class at Texas.  Now imagine being that dense in every other subject there is, and that's what it's like to be a Texas Aggie.  

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm surprised it's only 58% acceptance rate.  I would have figured well into the 70's at this point.  

Everything with them has to be so fucking binary.  I work in finance but also appreciate having a well-rounded education.  I think it makes me more effective in all facets of my life, including fatherhood.  If they wanna be the state's over-glorified tradeschool, let 'em.  The THECB can accept their modifications and bake 'em into a new bill for next session.  The new Chairman would fucking love to do that, he hates Aggies.  

Remember in social studies in 5th grade or so, you'd start learning about other countries...and the book had those little boxes with the flag, the capital city, the languages, the major industries, etc.  And their biggest exports?  I was out sick the day they taught us how to read through one of those things and understand them for future study.  So when I got back to school, I thought "Textiles" meant they exported tile, for a floor or bathroom or roof.  I had no idea what the word meant, that was my best guess.  I was never inquisitive enough to look up what it really meant.  I didn't correctly learn that textiles are fabric/clothing/material until much later, in a geography class at Texas.  Now imagine being that dense in every other subject there is, and that's what it's like to be a Texas Aggie.  

The drop in acceptance rate was due to a surge in applications. Enrollment remained steady. Their overall goal of overtaking UCF as the school with the nation's highest enrollment remains unchanged.

tamu 2018:2019 thecb.jpeg

1 hour ago, Deej said:

They thought they could admit enough people to take over the world, never figuring on COVID killing off enough dumbasses to foil their dastardly plan. 

The real way their plan is being ruined is by the dilution of the red asses. Their plan is to flood the world with aggy by churning out so many of them. But the more people they let in, the higher percentage there is of people that don’t really care about the red ass stuff. Their precious turditions simply don’t matter to more and more of them.

Even through “winning” the population war with the sips, they lose. Pooooooor aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nnm said:

The real way their plan is being ruined is by the dilution of the red asses. Their plan is to flood the world with aggy by churning out so many of them. But the more people they let in, the higher percentage there is of people that don’t really care about the red ass stuff. Their precious turditions simply don’t matter to more and more of them.

Even through “winning” the population war with the sips, they lose. Pooooooor aggy. 

Hopefully this is how it plays out. There are only so many East Texas bum fucks to brainwash. As they let in the masses a lot more than 2% will question the institutionalized stupidity.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, Thatguy said:

This story is just so on-brand in terms of stupidity and pettiness.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:
Just saw the statline so far..Is Calzada good now? 
Also Demas with his first ever catch for a 70 yard TD (total blown coverage)

Did You miss the part about them playing air? Only team worse than NM State is New Mexico

I'm not watching it. Saw the highlight for Demas TD though, literally no one guarding him. Looks like the other TD was a screen pass.

17 minutes ago, ousux said:
22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:
Just saw the statline so far..Is Calzada good now? 
Also Demas with his first ever catch for a 70 yard TD (total blown coverage)

Did You miss the part about them playing air? Only team worse than NM State is New Mexico

Do you even KU bro?

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

10602954.jpeg

Apparently he's back in the lineup this week. Jimbo gonna Jimbo.

There's a funny thread on Texags where most are making excuses for the guy or just not caring, then a few actual adults are scolding those people for enabling this shit and having their priorities out of whack