2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

On 2/25/2022 at 9:06 AM, Hookem2147 said:

IT has heard he’s fond of Pete Kwiatkowski and the defensive staff overall.
He is. I know if his opinion was asked of whether or not Texas should make a change on defense, he’d say they shouldn’t. He’s of the belief UT had personnel issues.

Overall, are the coaches harder on the players this spring?
At first they were, but now it seems the players are harder on each other. They’re trying to cultivate a player driven culture.

giphy.gif

On 2/26/2022 at 8:21 PM, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Special message from QB1

Cross-post from @Longboard Horn  Photo from Texas WBB game on Saturday

Longboard:  "Buddy sent me this. He was sitting a few rows in front of them. L to R: Demarvion Overshown, Xavier Worthy, Jake Majors, Quinn Ewers "

49D8DBBD-8EB4-4D1F-98BA-8E7DF99FC8E7.jpeg

Thanks Longboard !! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I have memories of us beating Bama.  Was riding in my fathers International Harvester Travall and was listening to the bowl game on the radio.  We were not expected to win, but we had a scrappy quarter back who made a big run.  His name was Brewer and I wish we had recruited his son!

we win!🤘

6 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Something up with Xavier?  On IG he posted a story with just a ✌🏻, his profile picture is just solid black, and he deleted all of his posts…

ZAY at Texas WBB game this past Saturday...

49D8DBBD-8EB4-4D1F-98BA-8E7DF99FC8E7.jpeg

16 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

Something up with Xavier?  On IG he posted a story with just a ✌🏻, his profile picture is just solid black, and he deleted all of his posts…

He then posted "not transferring" with the facepalm emoji

23 hours ago, Domedriver said:

I have memories of us beating Bama.  Was riding in my fathers International Harvester Travall and was listening to the bowl game on the radio.  We were not expected to win, but we had a scrappy quarter back who made a big run.  His name was Brewer and I wish we had recruited his son!

we win!🤘

I’m afraid poor Charlie would’ve just gotten his brain scrambled that much quicker playing for us

On 2/21/2022 at 8:45 PM, Bevo14 said:

Why's anybody listening to Ketch's opinion on anything besides wing joints.

I do every once in awhile.  Then I call him out on coming up with his expert analysis, insight and unique perspective of events, including most of his chosen topic of the day, straight from surely itself.  He ignores comments that point out brainstorms, concerns or inside info was posted and discussed days to weeks ago...

I’m wondering if the Kitan Crawford move was influenced by Patterson. I have to say I am intrigued. At 5’11” 196, he has good size for the position, if he puts on another 10 lbs of good weight I could see him really being able to bring the wood from the safety spot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m wondering if the Kitan Crawford move was influenced by Patterson. I have to say I am intrigued. At 5’11” 196, he has good size for the position, if he puts on another 10 lbs of good weight I could see him really being able to bring the wood from the safety spot.

I have been wondering about this kid for awhile. Every time he gets, he seems to play well (maybe I have missed some). He is very physical. I have thought he was a nice fit at NB, but SS works for me (Boundary as PK calls it). I would guess PK looked at Texas and said why is the secondary so unathletic. 

BobbyBurton:

The move of Sawyer Goram-Welch to the offensive line was a long time coming.

Goram-Welch, out of Longview, was recruited by some schools as an OL. But he always preferred the defensive line.

His move to offense could breathe new life into a stagnant career.

IT has also reported this off-season that Kitan Crawford, long one of the team’s most talented athletes, will be getting a long look at safety this spring.

Given the team’s depth at corner with the off-season addition of Ryan Watts to go along with the return of D’Shawn Jamison and Jahdae Barron and newcomers Terrance Brooks and Jaylon Guilbeau, the move makes a lot of sense.

After all, Crawford has more speed and athleticism than the players who are regarded as the team’s top three safeties heading into spring: Jerrin Thompson, Anthony Cook and JD Coffey. But we’ll have to see just how well Crawford can adapt to facing the ball full-time in the secondary.

Keep an eye out because these two likely won’t be the last position moves we see this spring.

In talking with Ian Boyd and Eric Nahlin the last month or so, I’m convinced we’re going to see an even more aggressive downfield offense from Texas this season than last.

The addition of Isaiah Neyor is huge, as is the continued development of Xavier Worthy. But just as important is the running ability of Bijan Robinson.

Robinson’s ability to make big plays in the run game will open up deep passing opportunities and Texas must take those shots this season.

In the last couple of weeks, I’ve been trying to think of ways to improve the video/podcast products.

Interviews with a guy like Colt McCoy are a no-brainer to bring additional value to us all.

But if you personally ever have additional ideas for guests or new topics, please let me know either here on the message board or via direct message.

Thanks for watching/listening.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 2

Kitan Crawford has done nothing on the field yet to warrant any type of hype. He's pretty much played solely on special teams. People were trying to tell us he was the most talented corner in the program last offseason and now he's getting moved to safety and it's spun as "oh yeah, that's where he needed to be all along.".

All we need now is for someone to say Naashon Hughes is a leader and really coming on strong in the offseason along with Kirk Johnson.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Kitan Crawford has done nothing on the field yet to warrant any type of hype. He's pretty much played solely on special teams. People were trying to tell us he was the most talented corner in the program last offseason and now he's getting moved to safety and it's spun as "oh yeah, that's where he needed to be all along.".

All we need now is for someone to say Naashon Hughes is a leader and really coming on strong in the offseason along with Kirk Johnson.

Neither has Quinn Ewers but he’s getting hyped as being the starting QB. . 

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see he was athletic and fast, and just because you move positions doesn’t always mean is because you weren’t good at the other, just ask RoJo. . 
I like the move, I’m not hyping him up but I do think it’ll help the team, but only time will tell

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Neither has Quinn Ewers but he’s getting hyped as being the starting QB. .

We both know there are big differences between hyping up Quinn Ewers and Kitan Crawford.

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see he was athletic and fast, and just because you move positions doesn’t always mean is because you weren’t good at the other, just ask RoJo. . 
I like the move, I’m not hyping him up but I do think it’ll help the team, but only time will tell

I'm not saying he won't be good at safety or won't be a good player, but the hype for a 3rd year player who has yet to sniff the field in a significant capacity is weird. Reminds me of speed burner Sheroid Evans who got his speed and athleticism hyped up for 5 years but couldn't actually play football. 

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We both know there are big differences between hyping up Quinn Ewers and Kitan Crawford.

I'm not saying he won't be good at safety or won't be a good player, but the hype for a 3rd year player who has yet to sniff the field in a significant capacity is weird. Reminds me of speed burner Sheroid Evans who got his speed and athleticism hyped up for 5 years but couldn't actually play football. 

And then there are the Drew Kelsons ( who ended up helping us win a NC but was mismanaged most of his career). Sometimes it’s the player but other times it’s the staff that can’t figure out where someone fits. This is why I mentioned Patterson, he’s a master at this. Maybe it works, maybe not but again, I’m intrigued.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

First of all, I dont see a lot of hype on him. If you you are stating one 9.95 shop thinks this could be a good move is hype, well that is on you. Not sure I get the Evans comparison.  I think this is more of  Adrian Phillips/Overshown type of move.  Phillips was considered an athletic kid with a lot of potential, but disappointed at CB for most of his Texas career. He moved to safety and became an All-Pro in the NFL. Crawford would immediately be the most athletic Safety at Texas with this move and bring NFL athleticism at the position. The question would be if he can catch on to the mental aspect of the position switch. Phillips took to the move and so far Overshown has not. 

• Like 1