2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

Guys not named that I'd believe but obviously can't say with certainty on: Alexis, Blue, Crawford, Barron, Kelvontay, Gbenda (maybe a stretch, but he can scoot), T Brooks 

Lets see how Alexis is after his recovery. JWhit still can’t run as fast after his surgeries.  I would say Dixon, Brooks, and Crawford.  Not sure how fast Watts is.  I haven’t seen elite speed from Baron.  No way on Gbenda lol.  Gary Johnson ram loke a 4.48 and Malik a 4.5.  Gbenda is probably a 4.65 guy.

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Lets see how Alexis is after his recovery. JWhit still can’t run as fast after his surgeries.  I would say Dixon, Brooks, and Crawford.  Not sure how fast Watts is.  I haven’t seen elite speed from Baron.  No way on Gbenda lol.  Gary Johnson ram loke a 4.48 and Malik a 4.5.  Gbenda is probably a 4.65 guy.

Gary Johson: 4.43; Malik: 4.52. As has been danced around, longer distance speed != 40 time speed, but Gbenda's 100m HS time was .01s slower than Malik's

57 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I always hear how crazy athletic Kitan Crawford is, but that chart suggests otherwise. 

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

247 reporting they are hearing rumors David Cutcliffe is joining the staff as an analyst

This would make me very happy, unless it is the same rumor that has been out there for months without any real movement. 

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Too much math. I’ve watched enough football to know which of our players run below a 4.5.  

Devon Duvernay ran a 4.38 I think at the combine.  Outside of Worthy and Keilan, and mayyyyyyyybe D’Shawn Jamison, who else do you see on this roster with his type of speed?  I would be willing to bet we probably have less than 6-7 guys that can run a sub 4.5 on this entire roster which is fucking sad.  

The number of people that can run a legit sub 4.5 is not as big as most people think it is. My buddy played college football at Trinity (yeah it’s D3 but still) and they had a pro testing team come to their spring workouts once, and one of the things they did was a laser timed 40. On the entire team (100+ players) the fastest guy ran a 4.54. I think at the D1 level no team is going to have more than 10-15 guys that can do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The number of people that can run a legit sub 4.5 is not as big as most people think it is. My buddy played college football at Trinity (yeah it’s D3 but still) and they had a pro testing team come to their spring workouts once, and one of the things they did was a laser timed 40. On the entire team (100+ players) the fastest guy ran a 4.54. I think at the D1 level no team is going to have more than 10-15 guys that can do it.

Yup.  But the teams we want to compete with have 10-15 guys that can do it…. Last years team had maybe 3 guys that could.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yep. A laser timed 4.4x 40 yard guy, is going to run a 10.6 100 meter or better. Texas has two, for sure in X and Brennan Thompson, and maybe Jamison. I doubt any team has more than 5-6 at the most. Shipley was plenty fast, probably ran a 4.4x hand timed, but would be a 4.5x laser timed. Same with Quan Cosby.

CHIEF

Yep. A laser timed 4.4x 40 yard guy, is going to run a 10.6 100 meter or better. Texas has two, for sure in X and Brennan Thompson, and maybe Jamison. I doubt any team has more than 5-6 at the most. Shipley was plenty fast, probably ran a 4.4x hand timed, but would be a 4.5x laser timed. Same with Quan Cosby.
CHIEF

If Keilan Robinson doesn’t run a 4.4 then the stat is meaningless.

23 hours ago, pacman said:

Well, I think this confirms the Texas roster likely has a speed problem.

Johnson @ 219lbs = 20.1 mph
Brooks @ 199lbs = 20 mph
Watts @ 205lbs = 19.3 mph
Bijan @ 214lbs = 18mph
Washington @ 191lbs = 19.9 mph
Jamison @ 184lbs = 20.5 mph
Barron @ 186lbs = 20.2 mph
Crawford @ 196lbs = 18.8 mph
Whittington @ 203lbs = 18.1 mph
Cain @ 192lbs = 19.1 mph

** if a 4.4 is roughly 26 mph, then you have a whole slew of your top scores closer to a 5.0 than 4.4

** i used roster weights, so likely they are lighter when they ran this test

All I know it I have seen RJ run enough to know he will most likely get run down on a long run, but most of the guys that finished below him, which leads to me to believe this is not a very useful stat. 

18 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Cutcliffe would go a hell of a long way in helping land Arch, FWIW.  He coached Peyton and is clise with the family.

As close is he is to that family, I’d guess Cutliffe would be following Arch instead of the other way around. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

247 reporting they are hearing rumors David Cutcliffe is joining the staff as an analyst

This could be huge...  It comes down to how the season goes and how well prepared our QB (Ewers) looks.

If there ever was a season for Texas to turn its shit around, this is it.  OU with a new staff and a ton of key transfers, plus new staffs at TCU and TT, should make the season a little easier, hopefully.

Last year was brutal. The OU loss with its extreme high to the soul crushing low, broke the will of last year's team, or at least that of a few players where we lacked depth.  When things are going good, the team was solid. But as soon as there was a hint of adversity, certain players collapsed like a house of cards. This problem started under Herman. There were some losses because of it, not at the ratel we just went through, but there were some notable games Ended up closet than should have, and others came down to the wire.

Several players came out of Herman's program mentally weak and instinctively looking for a reason to fold shop.

I have a feeling if we had gone on to beat OU in the woodshed we established right out of the gate, the team might've exorcised Turtle Tom's demon and gone on to a respectable first year for the new staff.

Watching OB's "Overreaction Monday" with Ketch & Anwar right now... Is there a reason that OB seems to desperately want Hudson Card to transfer ASAP away from UT? Ketch doesn't think Card should even bother have a legit QB battle with Ewers, just enter the transfer portal now. They've have had this sentiment since Ewers committed to transferring to UT.

19 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watching OB's "Overreaction Monday" with Ketch & Anwar right now... Is there a reason that OB seems to desperately want Hudson Card to transfer ASAP away from UT? Ketch doesn't think Card should even bother have a legit QB battle with Ewers, just enter the transfer portal now. They've have had this sentiment since Ewers committed to transferring to UT.

those fucking guys need to shut the fuck up

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

OB only cares about clicks/drama. That POS Ketch has taken the opposite approach from chin pubes in terms of reporting on the program. He wants chaos, harmful news etc so he can pontificate and blather. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

OB only cares about clicks/drama. That POS Ketch has taken the opposite approach from chin pubes in terms of reporting on the program. He wants chaos, harmful news etc so he can pontificate and blather. 
Exactly that, and Jabba the Ketch has admitted he's buds with chin pubes

23 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

He moved just to be closer to Liucci. 

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

Who is chin pubes again?

3 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

That's one way to kill off some unwanted brain cells, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

does Texas Homer actually know anything or is he just regurgitating what others said

Eric Nahlin (Inside Texas) on video giving update that money, lawyers may push back to SEC till 2024.  Supposedly blOU can't afford to move earlier...

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect