2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Yea the land for it in Downtown Austin will definitely be the biggest hurdle 

Based on my amateur Google map skills, I really only see 3 decent places assuming you want the outdoor fields adjacent. None are easy:

1. Replace Mike Myers stadium. But then you have to find somewhere for that with the same problem.

2. Move the school of social work AND either the Rec, those mechanical buildings south of Moody, or Jamail swim center. 

3. Across the street north of Mike Myers. Would mean building over that police building (seems doable), a good chunk of LBJ lawn (tough), the southern section of whatever that classroom building is (idk), and some parking lots (easy). Also a pretty solid hill right there, would require some serious leveling.

I still think the elevated mushrooms, fields above the ground is the only solution!  Build platforms elevated above a single shaft, holding a whole playing field.  One for football, one for soccer, one for baseball and softball.  As they are practice facilities, there is no need for stands, etc.  put player parking and green space beneath them around the central shaft.  Build offices and weight rooms below ground as part of the foundation.  Have retractable domes to make them all weather, and make them glow in the night to fit the Austin groovy vibe!  Solves the compact campus issue and allows us to expand vertically in a really cool artistic way.  And they could glow and pulse burnt Orange at night to add to the party vibe of Austin!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Based on my amateur Google map skills, I really only see 3 decent places assuming you want the outdoor fields adjacent. None are easy:

1. Replace Mike Myers stadium. But then you have to find somewhere for that with the same problem.

2. Move the school of social work AND either the Rec, those mechanical buildings south of Moody, or Jamail swim center. 

3. Across the street north of Mike Myers. Would mean building over that police building (seems doable), a good chunk of LBJ lawn (tough), the southern section of whatever that classroom building is (idk), and some parking lots (easy). Also a pretty solid hill right there, would require some serious leveling.

1. Moody was built where it was in order to keep Myers stadium where it was.  They aren’t going to move it for a practice stadium.

2. Those could be possibilities, but the swim center isn’t going anywhere.

3.  Yeah that would be a tough sell.  Relocating campus police is doable but I don’t think Texas is going to be messing with the LBJ lawn.  Those parking lot behind LBJ look like good candidates for something though.

47 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

1. Moody was built where it was in order to keep Myers stadium where it was.  They aren’t going to move it for a practice stadium.

2. Those could be possibilities, but the swim center isn’t going anywhere.

3.  Yeah that would be a tough sell.  Relocating campus police is doable but I don’t think Texas is going to be messing with the LBJ lawn.  Those parking lot behind LBJ look like good candidates for something though.

Yeah #2 seems most plausible. Although I think I remember reading they won't move the rec. No idea how physically difficult it is to move that mechanical stuff. Could be impossible. I know swim center has sentimental value but honestly that otherwise seems like an easy candidate to move over by Disch Falk. You can frame it as giving the swim team brand new digs.

Not sure those parking lots alone are enough space. Plus you gotta still have some parking for a presidential library. Almost seems like they'd have to get Elon to tunnel that section of Red River and build over it lol.

We'll probably end up with the indoor facility where social work is and keep the outdoor fields where they are now. 

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah #2 seems most plausible. Although I think I remember reading they won't move the rec. No idea how physically difficult it is to move that mechanical stuff. Could be impossible. I know swim center has sentimental value but honestly that otherwise seems like an easy candidate to move over by Disch Falk. You can frame it as giving the swim team brand new digs.

Not sure those parking lots alone are enough space. Plus you gotta still have some parking for a presidential library. Almost seems like they'd have to get Elon to tunnel that section of Red River and build over it lol.

We'll probably end up with the indoor facility where social work is and keep the outdoor fields where they are now. 

IIRC they just spent $10million renovating the swim center over the last decade.  Basketball practice facility aside, Texas typically doesn’t waste money, which is why I don’t think it’ll move.

Yes they’d need to build another garage to use those lots behind LBJ.  The solution is going to displace something.

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Those are holes. The black is the backside of the interior padding.

Yeah they should make that padding white though

Also the chinstrap needs to be white (the part that comes across the helmet at least)

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah they should make that padding white though

Also the chinstrap needs to be white (the part that comes across the helmet at least)

Agree on chin strap. Padding is subject to a lot of sweat, which is why I think white would not work there.

How about some context. Your body weight is factored into the calculation. It rewards dudes like Finkley who are 250 and can move weight a lot of weight more than defensive tackles who are 310 pounds.

Context? There ain’t none of that here. I’m very interested in all these numbers though. Wish we had access to all of them as well as some historical context too. But based on what’s been flashed here we should expect more production out of Coburn and we’ll see more production out of Murphy. Murphy might be the Golden Goose. I don’t recall seeing Ojomo name popping so maybe his value is that of a solid run defender but not much for explosiveness.

Context? There ain’t none of that here. I’m very interested in all these numbers though. Wish we had access to all of them as well as some historical context too. But based on what’s been flashed here we should expect more production out of Coburn and we’ll see more production out of Murphy. Murphy might be the Golden Goose. I don’t recall seeing Ojomo name popping so maybe his value is that of a solid run defender but not much for explosiveness.
Maybe when Ojomo turns 18 in a couple years

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just poking fun at that word being what gets you banned here while the obscenities don't.

I knew I was getting a couple days ban for it but completely worth it as that's the absolute fucking truth and needed to be said. 

You’re doing it again, dumb fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Hookem2147 said:

How about some context. Your body weight is factored into the calculation. It rewards dudes like Finkley who are 250 and can move weight a lot of weight more than defensive tackles who are 310 pounds.

According to my calculations, I can beat every one of these guys.....if I can get my weight down to 32 pounds.

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

So the team who played stupidly but rarely got out muscled under Herman needed to learn to lift weights to get physically run over many times under Sark?

Sure thing, buddy. 

I think the staff's view is that our guys had a training regimen/technique that led to a lot of injuries. So basically that the players knew how to add strength but in a way that caused injuries. 

I'm not saying it's right. Just that that's what the staff seems to be claiming.