Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Party Someone GIF

Spoiler

SARALAND, Ala. — Five-star wide receiver Ryan Williams is still hearing from the Texas Longhorns despite his pledge to Alabama. 

The message from Steve Sarkisian?

“Me and (Texas QB commit) KJ (Lacey) are a dynamic duo,” Williams told Horns247 “With that connection we’re trying to continue that at the next level. We talk about that often.”

Texas’ push to chip away at the Crimson Tide is paying off, too.

“Top three,” he said of where Texas stands for him, adding that Auburn is the other program to make up the trio. 

The five-star playmaker says he’ll “most definitely” visit Austin at some point.

“Official visit, game day visit, one of them,” Williams said. “Maybe both.”

Texas has an in-house recruiter at Saraland in Lacey who continues to push his friend to come with him to the 40 Acres.

“The tradition,” Williams said of what he likes about the Longhorns. “Of course they haven’t been as like productive as they previously were. But I feel like with the receivers that they have, I can learn from them. And (with) what I can do, I feel like they can get back to what they used to be.”

Texas and Auburn still have ground to make up to change Williams’ mind off the Tide at this point. 

“I”m still locked in,” he said. “Just exploring my options.”

At 6-foot, 165 pounds, Williams is ranked the No. 1 wide receiver and the No. 4 overall player in the country, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings.

• Hook 'Em 2