The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

Just understand the actual vs. stated capacity of every safe, regardless of maker.  If they say it's a 24 gun safe, it's really closer to 12, etc.  
Mine is from Costco BTW.  Nothing fancy, but it is fire rated 

Lol this.

My 20gun could fit maybe 20 marlin 22lr with no optics…

Realistically I could fit 7-8 pistol/rifles with optics in the bottom 2 sections. The handguns aren’t an issue.
  • Haha 1

Not sure how to post the link or photos, but there are some fascinating pictures floating around showing where the Russian Wagner troops have found a cache of old weapons stored in salt mines near Ukraine border.

There are crates of new Thompson M1A1 sub guns from the 40’s that we sent over in the Lend-Lease program that never made it into the fight and have been sitting there for 80 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Not sure how to post the link or photos, but there are some fascinating pictures floating around showing where the Russian Wagner troops have found a cache of old weapons stored in salt mines near Ukraine border.

There are crates of new Thompson M1A1 sub guns from the 40’s that we sent over in the Lend-Lease program that never made it into the fight and have been sitting there for 80 years. 

I have a WWII Mauser P38 that was part of a cache found in a cave around Moscow about 10 years ago. Last year I finally got a chance to shoot it. Took it apart, cleaned it and it shot great. 60+ year old springs and all.

Just now, Armybrat said:

Would be cool to see some pics, but I bet the officers already have them on Gunbroker.

I know a gun importer who has brought stuff like this in before. I'll ask him if he knows anything about them. But if it's coming from Russia, I doubt they will get to the us via any legal method right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Still U.S. govt. property and would be an NFA item to boot.  They’ll never legally enter the US again and if they can source .45 acp they’re probably already in the fight.

But, it’s fun to imagine that the CMP would offer them like Garands and 1911s. 

Oh hey, a massacre in Allen. I wonder what we will find out about the shooter?!

Meanwhile, most of you put up with 9 month wait times for cans while you defend the rights of 18 year olds, wife beaters and crazy people to buy and possess guns that very day. 

You can’t support red flag laws that might save human lives but you’ll happy wait until December to get your can out of jail.

The biggest threat to my second amendment rights is my fellow gun owners support for a dangerous, immoral, and inconvenient status quo.  But you sure do own the libs. 
Good job good effort. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Meanwhile, most of you put up with 9 month wait times for cans while you defend the rights of 18 year olds, wife beaters and crazy people to buy and possess guns that very day. 

You can’t support red flag laws that might save human lives but you’ll happy wait until December to get your can out of jail.

The biggest threat to my second amendment rights is my fellow gun owners support for a dangerous, immoral, and inconvenient status quo.  But you sure do own the libs. 
Good job good effort. 

Straw man isn’t how we will fix this. You have had enough conversations with posters on this forum to know that this is bullshit. 

And I am hoping for October. 

Question about ATF eForms.  

Shouldnt form 4 status show up on your dashboard the same way form 1 does?   FFL claims form 4’s don’t populate, wondering if they screwed up certification and if not, how do you track progress?

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Straw man isn’t how we will fix this. You have had enough conversations with posters on this forum to know that this is bullshit. 

And I am hoping for October. 

Oh I most certainly have not. Sure, some of you support some reform as a conjecture but when it’s nut cutting time you fall in line like the  useful idiots you are.

Until gun owners stop opposing real life red flag law proposals because of paranoid delusions about jilted women  and fighting again other sensible things like waiting periods and legislative trade offs around atf registration that would save lives and protect our rights nothing will get better. Our culture will get more violent and more people will die for the sake of fetishistic, tribal gun worship.

How are the Christmas cards coming, fellas?

• Hook 'Em 1

useful idiots like you talk a lot but still can’t name a single politician or political special interest group that advocates for the positions they advocate and most of us agree with. You are tilting at windmills. I can appreciate it. Death spiral. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

useful idiots like you talk a lot but still can’t name a single politician or political special interest group that advocates for the positions they advocate and most of us agree with. You are tilting at windmills. I can appreciate it. Death spiral. 

Sure sure, just close your eyes and say it again -maybe it will be true if you wish it hard enough. But until that time, red flag laws and proposals to change the registry that I support and some of you hypothetically do as well have been filed and are actively being prevented by the people most of us vote for.
Meanwhile, the people most of us vote for never do anything about the stuff you say you agree with because of slippery slopes or the second amendment or Wayne or whatever.

Head over to twitter and check out some dead kids Annie.

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You are really not this simple.  But keep on with the act. 

Oh so that doesn’t count? But you agree with what the bill says, right? We all agree! Surely the gun owners will support this. We don’t want gun sales to felons and drunks. Of course we will, because we are smart and honest and not total chumps being constantly played for fools.

$200 bucks says it doesn’t see a floor vote. Cmon this should be easy money for you.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Last post on this: it’s like safes- virtually every person on this thread believes that it’s our responsibility to secure guns safely when not in use. It is likewise our responsibility to use our political clout as a group to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn’t have them. And BTW- the NRA believed that too, a generation ago. 
But now, we support those who expand access- to allow unstable people and criminals access to weapons and arms as many people and places as we can, if it means we deny prohibitionists an inch. The result is chaos and death.  

• Like 2

Last post on this: it’s like safes- virtually every person on this thread believes that it’s our responsibility to secure guns safely when not in use. It is likewise our responsibility to use our political clout as a group to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn’t have them. And BTW- the NRA believed that too, a generation ago. 
But now, we support those who expand access- to allow unstable people and criminals access to weapons and arms as many people and places as we can, if it means we deny prohibitionists an inch. The result is chaos and death.  

Chaos and death is the goal. When you remember that, every single policy choice makes sense. And they couldn’t accomplish without the useful idiots who “stand in the breach and give no quarter!”

We have chosen a path that can only end in one extreme or the other. Today, the extreme of “unfettered access to functionally every type of firearm for everyone of all ages at all times,” resulting in the expected body count, is the rule. It will continue to be, for a long, long time. But eventually, society will hit a breaking point. Not soon, but eventually. And the other extreme - functionally complete bam on personal firearms - will win out. Yes, the constitution will be amended, the whole deal.
We COULD choose some middle path. As you pointed out, there have been hundreds of pieces of legislation offered that would provide just that (or portions of it). But for now, the extremists give no quarter. It’s working. They’re winning. Until someday, they lose everything. And in the process, they’ve cost people like me two things that are actually important: 1) my family’s reasonable safety and security (we aren’t safe at school, church, mall, Wal-mart, hospital….anywhere) and 2) eventually, my ability to own and possess firearms (I’ve shouldered a gun every year of my life since I was 5, both hunting and at the range). I would like a path that provides a reasonable measure of both…but the extremists won’t let me, so I get neither.
And they think this is a good thing. I hate this place.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Good job good effort. 

Might be time for you to pick a new hobby

Seems to me the red team is all for everyone buying guns, while the blue team likes to threaten taking away guns so that everyone will go out and panic buy more.  

If both teams are facilitating the rise in gun ownership, then both sides are profiting.  Or it’s a means to prevent other countries from ever thinking they could invade the US.  Or…. There’s some evil fucking aliens headed this way and it going to be a fight.   Or D, all of the above.

47 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Who summoned the Cloak tards?  Which one of you went into the bathroom, turned off the lights, spun in circles and invoked the name of that mentally unstable putz Lobo 3 times?

Cry more.

As I’ve made clear over there,  I’m not interested in engaging Gun prohibitionists who don’t know anything about this stuff. But gun safety is a gun owner problem and belongs on the gun owner thread. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4

Since we are talking sensible regulations, let's go ahead and name a politician who advocates for them so that the folks here can vote for them. To me, the list looks like a lot of nothing. So my ballot will be cast with a lot of nothing. Unless you can name a politician or party that actually supports sensible regulations, you are doing nothing but pissing in the wind.

But I agree with Bozo to an extent, and it is almost enough to push me to run for office just to try to add some sensibility to things.

7 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Unless you can name a politician or party that actually supports sensible regulations, you are doing nothing but pissing in the wind.

Corporations get what they want because precisely because they don’t support politicians or parties, or not in the tribal way people do, at least. They press on the specific policies and legislation they do and don’t want and reward or incentivize politicians and parties for specific outcomes. 
For example- I can’t vote for Tracy King and I don’t know if I want to buy into the whole raft of whatever he’s for, but I can support HB2744. You can too.

Part of how the NRA has gone wrong is that it’s been so totally co-opted by one party it’s not a good representative of hunters and shooters anymore. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 5/6/2023 at 10:00 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Oh I most certainly have not. Sure, some of you support some reform as a conjecture but when it’s nut cutting time you fall in line like the  useful idiots you are.

Until gun owners stop opposing real life red flag law proposals because of paranoid delusions about jilted women  and fighting again other sensible things like waiting periods and legislative trade offs around atf registration that would save lives and protect our rights nothing will get better. Our culture will get more violent and more people will die for the sake of fetishistic, tribal gun worship.

How are the Christmas cards coming, fellas?

Bans on 18 year olds getting guns are unconstitutional. Red flag laws that do not have due process protections are unconstitutional. Red flag laws that have meaningful due process protections are constitutional, yet are nearly never proposed as laws. Why is that? 

On 5/6/2023 at 10:37 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hey @Anastasis one of the things I supposedly can’t name is HB2744. Want to wager on whether it even sees a floor vote, who stops it and why?

I just read HB2744. Most of what it provides is already federal law. It's ban on giving rifles to 18-21 year olds is unconstitutional. And on its own terms it fails to ban AR-15s chambered in .223 or 5.56. So what idiot wrote this worthless law? 

On 5/7/2023 at 6:57 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Simply not true. How many "red flag" laws has the NRA challenged in court?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/7/2023 at 8:44 AM, Brisketexan said:

Chaos and death is the goal. When you remember that, every single policy choice makes sense. And they couldn’t accomplish without the useful idiots who “stand in the breach and give no quarter!”

We have chosen a path that can only end in one extreme or the other. Today, the extreme of “unfettered access to functionally every type of firearm for everyone of all ages at all times,” resulting in the expected body count, is the rule. It will continue to be, for a long, long time. But eventually, society will hit a breaking point. Not soon, but eventually. And the other extreme - functionally complete bam on personal firearms - will win out. Yes, the constitution will be amended, the whole deal.
We COULD choose some middle path. As you pointed out, there have been hundreds of pieces of legislation offered that would provide just that (or portions of it). But for now, the extremists give no quarter. It’s working. They’re winning. Until someday, they lose everything. And in the process, they’ve cost people like me two things that are actually important: 1) my family’s reasonable safety and security (we aren’t safe at school, church, mall, Wal-mart, hospital….anywhere) and 2) eventually, my ability to own and possess firearms (I’ve shouldered a gun every year of my life since I was 5, both hunting and at the range). I would like a path that provides a reasonable measure of both…but the extremists won’t let me, so I get neither.
And they think this is a good thing. I hate this place.

Pass constitutional laws if you want change. Pass unconstitutional laws if you want more reaction and counterreaction from the people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Cry more.

As I’ve made clear over there,  I’m not interested in engaging Gun prohibitionists who don’t know anything about this stuff. But gun safety is a gun owner problem and belongs on the gun owner thread. 

Then why are you promoting a bill that is simultaneously overbroad and unconstitutional while underbroad and fails to capture AWs?

2 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Pass constitutional laws if you want change. Pass unconstitutional laws if you want more reaction and counterreaction from the people. 

Well, when the SCOTUS just changed the playing field completely on what is "constitutional" to an INSANE standard that makes zero sense.....

The Supreme Court’s so-called Bruen decision changed the test that lower courts had long used for evaluating challenges to firearm restrictions. Judges should no longer consider whether the law serves public interests like enhancing public safety, the justices said.

Under the Supreme Court’s new test, the government that wants to uphold a gun restriction must look back into history to show it is consistent with the country’s “historical tradition of firearm regulation.”

Courts in recent months have declared unconstitutional federal laws designed to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, felony defendants and people who use marijuana. Judges have shot down a federal ban on possessing guns with serial numbers removed and gun restrictions for young adults in Texas and have blocked the enforcement of Delaware’s ban on the possession of homemade “ghost guns.”

They set up a rule that limits all gun regulations to what was "historically regulated," while also NOT considering that those "historical" regulations applied to "arms" that were entirely different than the "arms" available today (nevermind them completely writing the "well regulated militia" clause out of the 2A as well).  You're actually helping to make my point -- when a rogue SCOTUS re-defines the 2A to allow for functionally ZERO regulation.....yeah, we're utterly fucked.

There functionally ARE NO "constitutional laws" that can be passed, because 1) there was little in the way of firearms regulation in 1791, because 2) there was LITTLE FUCKING NEED for it.  We didn't need strong musket-control laws in the interest of public safety in 1791.  No serial numbers.  No age limits needed.  All that shit.  Read Bruen and realize that the NEW rule on the 2A makes your position absurd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, when the SCOTUS just changed the playing field completely on what is "constitutional" to an INSANE standard that makes zero sense.....

They set up a rule that limits all gun regulations to what was "historically regulated," while also NOT considering that those "historical" regulations applied to "arms" that were entirely different than the "arms" available today (nevermind them completely writing the "well regulated militia" clause out of the 2A as well).  You're actually helping to make my point -- when a rogue SCOTUS re-defines the 2A to allow for functionally ZERO regulation.....yeah, we're utterly fucked.

There functionally ARE NO "constitutional laws" that can be passed, because 1) there was little in the way of firearms regulation in 1791, because 2) there was LITTLE FUCKING NEED for it.  We didn't need strong musket-control laws in the interest of public safety in 1791.  No serial numbers.  No age limits needed.  All that shit.  Read Bruen and realize that the NEW rule on the 2A makes your position absurd.

kind of like the First Amendment and computers/internet, or the Fifth Amendment and modern surveillance equipment, etc. etc. And Bruen is no different than the Heller/McDonald 2A tests. Some courts are misapplying the test but that is what happens when the courts engaged in massive resistance to Heller. It will stabilize. 

• Hook 'Em 2