Cowbots @ Washington: Week 14

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He did not have the calf injury the first 7 games.  

If 3 weeks off after the strain plus several weeks of games later and the calf is causing him to make poor reads, rush throws, and throw wildly inconsistent then we need to question his ability to perform through pain. 

I don't think that's it. I think he lost faith in a line that has played poorly the last several games and now he's mentally not right 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

If 3 weeks off after the strain plus several weeks of games later and the calf is causing him to make poor reads, rush throws, and throw wildly inconsistent then we need to question his ability to perform through pain. 

I don't think that's it. I think he lost faith in a line that has played poorly the last several games and now he's mentally not right 

He missed 1 game and had a bye week.   That’s 2 weeks off.  Most people, including 2 on the current team, Miss 5-6 weeks with a calf strain.  Your logic meter is lacking.  

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this is a D that can win a super bowl.

I'd be careful.  This is a terrible WFT offense which is a good matchup for us.  A team who can spread us out and pass the ball is really our Achilles heel.  Now we'll stress them when we can rush 4 but our secondary is bad when it has to cover.  A lot of those teams will be in the playoffs (GB, LAR, TB, etc).  It's awesome to have the pass rush back and to unleash the lion but I'm still worried about Brown and the safeties.  Even Diggs plays a little loose.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I'd be careful.  This is a terrible WFT offense which is a good matchup for us.  A team who can spread us out and pass the ball is really our Achilles heel.  Now we'll stress them when we can rush 4 but our secondary is bad when it has to cover.  A lot of those teams will be in the playoffs (GB, LAR, TB, etc).  It's awesome to have the pass rush back and to unleash the lion but I'm still worried about Brown and the safeties.  Even Diggs plays a little loose.

I get the competition and sure we have some trouble in the back end but with Gregory and Lawrence they are a different speed.  also allows Quinn to get really creative with Parsons.

that said the O is not good enough if the D has an off day.

It sucks our whole O is predicated on Smith not getting hurt, though.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

He missed 1 game and had a bye week.   That’s 2 weeks off.  Most people, including 2 on the current team, Miss 5-6 weeks with a calf strain.  Your logic meter is lacking.  

Injures it on a Sunday. Has one week off to the next Sunday which is a bye week. Another week off to the following Sunday which his sits. That's two weeks off. Then another week off until the game the following Sunday. Three weeks off. 

I made my statement and believe it to be sound. Elite QBs play and play well with worse injuries. Rodgers beat us in the playoffs hobbling around on one leg. If Dak wants to be elite he has to be able to play well through a calf strain he was able to rest for 3 weeks. That strain from 2 months ago isn't causing him to miss reads and rush throws now. It's mental. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cowboys lucky the 2 teams chasing them in the division are teams with average at best QBs who can't spread the field and torch them. This game should nail shut the football team's chances for the division. A similar win against Philly will seal the division win.  

That's a shitty punt.  And that's a terrible read by Dak on 3rd down.  It's okay to say he's not playing at his peak.  He looks like he's stuck in between to me with his decision making.  First, he really isn't trying to run and he's had some very easy yardage in front of him at times to get a positive play where he'll instead simply try to survey the field when he probably needs to just go get the yardage.  Second, he looks like he's stuck in between with his secondary and tertiary read.  He's getting to his 3rd read early sometimes and sticking with his 2nd read too long at times.  He'll most likely work out of this but it does happen to QBs, they're just not seeing things the way they want.  We'll have a good test with Arizona in 3 weeks.

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Injures it on a Sunday. Has one week off to the next Sunday which is a bye week. Another week off to the following Sunday which his sits. That's two weeks off. Then another week off until the game the following Sunday. Three weeks off. 

I made my statement and believe it to be sound. Elite QBs play and play well with worse injuries. Rodgers beat us in the playoffs hobbling around on one leg. If Dak wants to be elite he has to be able to play well through a calf strain he was able to rest for 3 weeks. That strain from 2 months ago isn't causing him to miss reads and rush throws now. It's mental. 

Yet you fail to realize it’s the same fucking leg he broke in half last year, so the fucking thing is still weak compared to normal.  Most guys who have had that injury say it takes 2 fucking years to get right physically and mentally from that injury.   Then he strains the calf on the same leg, because it’s still weakened as well from the conflagration of damage, and you can’t fucking figure out why his throwing and trigger may be off?   Jesus Christ dude, he’s not a robot.   

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Cowboys lucky the 2 teams chasing them in the division are teams with average at best QBs who can't spread the field and torch them. This game should nail shut the football team's chances for the division. A similar win against Philly will seal the division win.  

Definitely.  Our division sucks and I think Dallas is a pretty good team, but I'm looking forward to see if this team can win a couple of games in the playoffs.  I love this defense way more than the last couple of years, that's for sure but I really feel like we need 1 more LB (sucks about Cox), another 1 tech, and definitely another cover CB.

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yet you fail to realize it’s the same fucking leg he broke in half last year, so the fucking thing is still weak compared to normal.  Most guys who have had that injury say it takes 2 fucking years to get right physically and mentally from that injury.   Then he strains the calf on the same leg, because it’s still weakened as well from the conflagration of damage, and you can’t fucking figure out why his throwing and trigger may be off?   Jesus Christ dude, he’s not a robot.   

Never said he's a robot. Said he looks mentally fucked right now. Plays are there to be made and he's missing them. Mechanics are off causing inconsistent throws. He has a few weeks to get it squared away before the playoffs, and if he's a top end of the league QB he will get it done. 

1 minute ago, DougO said:

Collins will end up getting another suspension for reacting to that punkass bitch.

Nah he'll get a fine for the ejection. 

And that hit was perfectly good. If we get a chance to tee up a QB as he's releasing the ball still inbounds near the sideline our defense better fucking hit him. 

Just some good football 

Never said he's a robot. Said he looks mentally fucked right now. Plays are there to be made and he's missing them. Mechanics are off causing inconsistent throws. He has a few weeks to get it squared away before the playoffs, and if he's a top end of the league QB he will get it done. 

I think this is an overreaction too. Yes there are some plays to be made. As every offense in football does miss on plays. Event KC and GB and Tampa.

But you’re being really shortsighted if you think “Dak isn’t good” as THE reason the offense hasn’t played well.

I’m sorry but even with Dak “missing some plays” the OL hasn’t blocked well since they started playing musical chairs(I still think Williams should be starting over McGoverin) the run game has flat disappeared. And the play calling has been more than suspect.

What happened to the creativity? The pre snap motion? Yes Dak is struggling as I believe the injuries have changed his ability to get the ball out as much as he used to.

But they aren’t even trying to get first downs on 3rd down. How many screens and short passes have been called. It’s not like Dak is just deciding to throw a WR screen on 3rd and 10.