South Oak Cliff vs. Liberty Hill HS Championship Game

JohnnyRage

LTtxfan posted this earlier.

Good article on schedule...

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/high-school-sports/how-to-watch-2021-texas-high-school-football-state-championships/ 

Also found some channel numbers...

Channel listings for Bally Sports Southwest 

• Spectrum: Main, 54; Plus, 319
  • Grande Communications: Main, 31 (SD), 831 (HD); Plus, 134 (SD), 934 (HD)
  • AT&T: 754 (SD), 1754 (HD)
  • Google Fiber: Main, 205; Plus, 206
  • DirecTV: 676
  • Dish Network: 416

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

LTtxfan posted this earlier.

Good article on schedule...

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/high-school-sports/how-to-watch-2021-texas-high-school-football-state-championships/ 

Also found some channel numbers...

Channel listings for Bally Sports Southwest 

• Spectrum: Main, 54; Plus, 319
  • Grande Communications: Main, 31 (SD), 831 (HD); Plus, 134 (SD), 934 (HD)
  • AT&T: 754 (SD), 1754 (HD)
  • Google Fiber: Main, 205; Plus, 206
  • DirecTV: 676
  • Dish Network: 416

Am I missing something about Dish? They have not carried Bally/Fox Sports SW for a few years now. It isn't even an option when I download their app and try and link my parents Dish account to it like I used to when Dish had Fox Sports SW. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I had Liberty Hill winning in a blowout. But it might be a closer game than I thought, SOC came to play.

Not sure I understand that thought. They may win but the tale old as time is a well oiled deception based option team running into a team that simply has more horses than they do and the speed neutralizes a lot of what the option team traditionally is able to do.  

35 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not sure I understand that thought. They may win but the tale old as time is a well oiled deception based option team running into a team that simply has more horses than they do and the speed neutralizes a lot of what the option team traditionally is able to do.  

Que?

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Open season on the SOC receivers. Refs refusing to call penalties on LH.

Up until today I thought the refs have been better than normal.  It always seems that the urban schools always get a crew from deep west Texas who only call games with the veer offense being run.  They can’t keep up with the pace.  Will be interesting to see where the crew calling the Dville-NS game.

1 minute ago, HalfSack Horn said:

Up until today I thought the refs have been better than normal.  It always seems that the urban schools always get a crew from deep west Texas who only call games with the veer offense being run.  They can’t keep up with the pace.  Will be interesting to see where the crew calling the Dville-NS game.

west texas runs way more spread.  this isn't the 80's.

As an Official for multiple years, I can attest that the UIL does its best effort to find the best crews that aren’t affiliated with the two teams participating. Our best crew from SA had the Duncanville game vs North Shore a couple years ago. Coaches agree to the crew prior to each playoff game and usually they aren’t from the areas that each team represents.

It’s actually an “honor” for your crew to be selected for any of these State Championship games. The crews working the 2-A games are used to working 5 and 6A playoff games.

It all starts in the playoffs, with “out of town” referee crews. My crew, in week two of the playoffs was asked to work a game in Midland - we work in SA!

• Hook 'Em 1