Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I haven’t been to Miami in a minute. Man this city is absolutely slam packed with smoking women and hot cars.

I'll be in tomorrow.  I've been going for years and heard this is bigger than Super Bowl etc.  Have great setup at 72 club at the track and big ass boat when not at the race so hope to avoid the clubs and that whole shitshow.  But when I hear it's the biggest Miami weekend in years that's a pretty wild claim.  Nothing gets as absurd as Miami stateside...

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I haven’t been to Miami in a minute. Man this city is absolutely slam packed with smoking women and hot cars.

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'll be in tomorrow.  I've been going for years and heard this is bigger than Super Bowl etc.  Have great setup at 72 club at the track and big ass boat when not at the race so hope to avoid the clubs and that whole shitshow.  But when I hear it's the biggest Miami weekend in years that's a pretty wild claim.  Nothing gets as absurd as Miami stateside...

Miami is great in the appropriate dosage. I probably averaged 3 or 4 times a winter over the past 20 years and that is about the absolute max I can take.

• Hook 'Em 2

I've been in Miami for work all week (Downtown/Brickell area) and while I haven't been going out and about or straying from that area, I was surprised that it didn't feel any different than usual to me. I'm sure the beach is its usual shitshow, and perhaps up closer to the stadium might be nuttier than normal, but I was expecting more of a vibe besides a couple of Lewis IWC billboards, etc., here and there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm guessing F1 intends to stay in Vegas for some time.

F1 pays $240m to acquire city site for Las Vegas paddock

Formula 1 has acquired a 39-acre site in central Las Vegas for $240m in order to create a space for the pit and paddock area for next year's grand prix.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-pays-240m-to-acquire-city-site-for-las-vegas-paddock/10297435/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mittens said:

Miami GP feature on SportsCenter just now with a theme on how the US and F1 have had a checkered past w/ no real history....and just completely ignored the past 10 years in Austin.  I know ESPN sucks and all that, but this is one of the reasons I was (am) anti-multiple GP in the states.  Taking our shine.

I caught a bit of that. It was an embarrassing piece.

It's amazing that ESPN is introducing all of us rubes to F1. And to the different drivers. I mean, no racing fan could possibly have ever heard of Max Verstappen, or Lewis Hamilton.

It was ESPN Covers Racing For Idiots. It was insulting.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I caught a bit of that. It was an embarrassing piece.

It's amazing that ESPN is introducing all of us rubes to F1. And to the different drivers. I mean, no racing fan could possibly have ever heard of Max Verstappen, or Lewis Hamilton.

It was ESPN Covers Racing For Idiots. It was insulting.

Was cringe worthy.  

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

No offense to the poster's buddy who put in the "water" but seeing it on the broadcast now, that whole "yacht harbor"  looks ridiculously stupid.  Just embarrassing, really.

This is such an uninspiring location. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but this is awful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

No offense to the poster's buddy who put in the "water" but seeing it on the broadcast now, that whole "yacht harbor"  looks ridiculously stupid.  Just embarrassing, really.

We have club 72 suite and also a cabana at that beach BS.  I know what those cabanas were going for and this was free so I’m wondering if they crashed on selling em.  Doesn’t jive with what I hear which is ‘everything SOLDOUT!!!!’   

Will be there tomorrow and hope to catch buzzrock at least.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

He wasn't in charge, it was a company he bought that did it.

(that's my story, and I am sticking with that.   😉 )

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m having a pretty fucking good time in person. I’m in between turn 3 and 10.

Good lord the women are hot in this town.

I see a correlation between your first and third sentences.

But I think mostly I'm disappointed since I know what it could have been.

• Like 1