Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

Just now, Buzzrock said:

Qualifying is next level fast. I can’t see the numbers on the cars at all.

Chitown made fun of my bottle service girl. Let’s see what the masses think. I don’t mind a thick Russian.

28e40b6c655732556159c304dacb3bb9.jpg

Bruh

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Qualifying is next level fast. I can’t see the numbers on the cars at all.

Chitown made fun of my bottle service girl. Let’s see what the masses think. I don’t mind a thick Russian.

28e40b6c655732556159c304dacb3bb9.jpg

To be fair I said I’d definitely hit it.  Just wouldn’t write home about her.  Lol

But if I did…

Dear Dad,

Its me, your mildly retarded son. I’m here at formula 1.  It’s so god damn hot.  Why do I always make terrible decisions?  Anyways, you should see this tankass I laid waste to last night. You’d be (even more) disappointed in me.  

Love,

Chitowndoc

PS say hi to mom

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm unimpressed that your friend didn't say that he left pre-Post Malone. 

Please convey my scorn. 

He’s an acquaintance like just about everyone that showed up to this mess.  If he calls the paddocks paddlocks one more time I’m gonna smash a bottle on his head and mine.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I don’t know what that means. I’ll ask my 12 yr old.

I'd probably ask a Gen Xer but maybe the kids are going retro these days.

Edit: I probably should answer your question. I share the Docs opinion

Also this just popped up and I lol'd.

Screenshot-20220507-183850-Twitter.jpg

Edited by G650
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

A pretty reliable (though not absolute) way of distinguishing natives from tourists is whether they're wearing pants or shorts.

I was fairly miserable in shorts.  This was worse than our hike in Petra, Jordan.  At least there we saw mind blowing shit for all our troubles.  

11 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

A pretty reliable (though not absolute) way of distinguishing natives from tourists is whether they're wearing pants or shorts.

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was fairly miserable in shorts.  This was worse than our hike in Petra, Jordan.  At least there we saw mind blowing shit for all our troubles.  

I’m the guy all year in shorts. I’ll wear pants to church for Christmas, Easter and funerals. Momma always said covered the chest and head in winter. Never said anything about legs. I just hate pants and would wear shorts 99.99% of the time if I lived again in The South. I hate long pants

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m the guy all year in shorts. I’ll wear pants to church for Christmas, Easter and funerals. Momma always said covered the chest and head in winter. Never said anything about legs. I just hate pants and would wear shorts 99.99% of the time if I lived again in The South. I hate long pants

Well yeah and I also work out legs, bro.  

To be fair I said I’d definitely hit it.  Just wouldn’t write home about her.  Lol

But if I did…
Dear Dad,
Its me, your mildly retarded son. I’m here at formula 1.  It’s so god damn hot.  Why do I always make terrible decisions?  Anyways, you should see this tankass I laid waste to last night. You’d be (even more) disappointed in me.  

Love,
Chitowndoc
PS say hi to mom

Maybe my favorite post ever on Surly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah I’m annoyed that we are just gonna watch wrecks tomorrow. Dumb as fuck course all around.

“Hey let’s build a difficult ass course on SHITTY parking lot pavement”.

How long is this contract I hope it’s a weekend long. What an embarrassment for F1. Lolz.

Vegas is like yeah, our shit is gonna be epic compared to that shit show.

Yeah I’m annoyed that we are just gonna watch wrecks tomorrow. Dumb as fuck course all around.

How long is this contract I hope it’s a weekend long. What an embarrassment for F1. Lolz.

14 years I think

9 hours ago, texas08 said:

Flying home for Mom’s day.  Fuck that race.  I already won.  

• Like 1

Yeah I had very low expectations for this track in a parking lot, but it has actually delivered even less. 

Ferrari 1 and 2, I like that.  But who knows who's actually going to finish this race without getting wrecked out.  What a shitshow.

Edited by utee94

40 minutes ago, G650 said:

Lol. More true than I care to admit

No European can bitch about the price of ANYTHING in America, even $40 foam earplugs. If someone, American or European, was too stupid to know how loud racing cars are then they are too stupid to have hearing.

Anyway, on the prices of shit. Before our annual beach trip to St. Tropez I have gone to Sam's Club, or WalMart for new swimming trunks, $12.50 to $15 at most.

On our first day at the beach a few years back my German cousin and I took a walk on the beach to Le Club 55 on Pampelonne Beach, one of the swankiest beach clubs in France where painted burlap beach sacks can go for $300, bikinis for $200, and men's trunks for $100, or more. Well, I had on my stylish Caribbean Joe swimming trunks from either Sam's or WalMart and teh woman working the store kept crouching over, walking around me trying to read the name on the tag. I finally stopped and let her read them, and she said, "Caribbean Joe, tres chic". It was funny as shit.

Then I said to Bettina that if I come back here next year and I see Caribbean Joe trunks in the store for $100 I'll kick myself in the ass.

Also, when watching cars get to Turns 14/15, I was just thinking it could be horribly bad. I hope not.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That bitch fucks. Damn

She's a riot, even as a UGA fan. She goes way back with Spencer Hall, who started the Every Day Should be Saturday blog and does the Shutdown Fulcast.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, G650 said:

Exactly how long ago was this?

Few years.  Haven’t been able to go back since 2019 because the Red Plague, so probably 2017/18.  I don’t normally do much clothes shopping.  When my father died in 2015 I had to get a new pair of dress shoes, now called My Funeral Shoes, because my 25-year old pair of Timberland dress shoes had the soles disintegrate when I put them on.  

clothes are not really my thing

No European can bitch about the price of ANYTHING in America,

Untrue.  I’m in Seville right now. It’s way cheaper here than where I live in SW Florida. Like 1/3 the price for food and beverages.  We ate at a z Michelin starred restaurant last night.  Two sangrias, four glass of wine and two tasting menus.  100 Euro.  That’s a minimum $250 in Naples.  Madrid was similar and I expect the same of the rest of Spain. St. Tropes expensive?  Well, no shit.  Might as well be in Monte Carlo or Capri. 

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Untrue.  I’m in Seville right now. It’s way cheaper here than where I live in SW Florida. Like 1/3 the price for food and beverages.  We ate at a z Michelin starred restaurant last night.  Two sangrias, four glass of wine and two tasting menus.  100 Euro.  That’s a minimum $250 in Naples.  Madrid was similar and I expect the same of the rest of Spain. St. Tropes expensive?  Well, no shit.  Might as well be in Monte Carlo or Capri. 

I should have said “many”.  Yes, there are some places that are reasonably priced

30 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

You were just waiting to come in off the top rope with ‘I’m in Seville’.  Congratulations 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You were just waiting to come in off the top rope with ‘I’m in Seville’.  Congratulations 

Maybe a little?   Really saying that comparing St. Tropes, one of the most expensive places in the world, isn’t really a fair comparison.  I’m sure people have serious sticker shock when they visit the place I live in the US. 

Edited by VABuckeye

2 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I should have said “many”.  Yes, there are some places that are reasonably priced

I feel like I should circle back to the tweet for second because the point was that Miami tackiness knows no bounds.

• Like 1