Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

This thread is fucking killing me. I'm considering a trip down from Austin just to eat at Bucks. 

You absolutely should, I've only had his straight BBQ and it was delicious, but man I'd love to get into some of the sandwiches and #bbqcrazy items.

But here in the Austin area, if you want to taste some interesting sandwiches that feature BBQ at their core, you should try out Brotherton's Black Iron BBQ in Pflugerville, and I know Champ would agree, because he's the one that turned me onto it in the first place (as well as many other surly posters).

Edited by utee94

Finally made it down to the new Buck's earlier this week for lunch. I was in a hurry so I just grabbed a brisket sandwich to go (I think it was the same thing as the sandwich pictured above). Holy shit, it was amazing. Still the same top notch brisket Champ was cooking up in Houston. Sorry for the bad pic, I was in too much of a hurry to eat the dang thing! 

31eeae540515ade5c946a8d89d65866f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

No. Pumpkin spice brisket, sweet cream waffle, pumpkin butter cream, sweet potato bbq sauce, turmeric spiced egg, raw pumpkin seeds.

We have a brisket benedict on the brunch menu. English muffin, brisket, fried egg, poblano hollandaise. Its the tits.

• Like 1

Jesus, Champ. You should be on Food Network or something. That's artsy fartsy stuff right there.

Appreciate the sentiment, but I can’t take all the credit. Most all of these new dishes are a collaboration between my chef, Jaime Valencia, and me. I come up with the over the top ideas and the two of us figure out how to execute them together. Its great having a classically trained guy with his level of fine dining experience to work with. Because the result is always next-level over what I would do by myself.

We’re doing big things down here on the island. And we’re just getting started (this absurdity notwithstanding).

Get at us!

That’s not really a slogan. Its just how I sign off on SM posts where we are announcing specials.

The tagline has always been “barbeque...elevated”. And it has become a running joke because of our propensity to have a flooded restaurant.

BBQ elevated, huh?  Sound fancy schmancy.
Here's your theme song:

Daniel Vaughn addressed this in his most recent piece about us when he said “this was “elevated” barbecue without the condescension usually implied by that description”.

From the very beginning of this journey my vision has been to create something that wasn’t a cookie-cutter bbq place. Something that allowed me to be creative while still applying traditional bbq concepts. I feel like we’ve achieved that. And like I said earlier, we’re really just getting started with some of the stuff I want to do.
  • Like 3

Champ (and anyone else),

I am doing a pre-game lunch party in Fort Worth on saturday with about 30 guests and I don't know how much bbq to get.  We are thinking brisket, pork ribs, and sausage/hot link with cole slaw, potato salad and beans.  Thoughts on amounts?  These are normal people 1/3 girls, 2/3 guys and no one has even gotten a free steak by finishing it in under an hour that I am aware of.

3 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Champ (and anyone else),

I am doing a pre-game lunch party in Fort Worth on saturday with about 30 guests and I don't know how much bbq to get.  We are thinking brisket, pork ribs, and sausage/hot link with cole slaw, potato salad and beans.  Thoughts on amounts?  These are normal people 1/3 girls, 2/3 guys and no one has even gotten a free steak by finishing it in under an hour that I am aware of.

All of it.