Texas @ Baylor - 11:00am ESPN2

BigOrange1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We need to take this inside, over and over, and try to draw fouls.  Oh, and hit the free throws.

There's no other choice.  We aren't going to outshoot them from 3.

The last thing this team can do is go inside against Baylor. It's men against boys, borderline abusive.

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So to win this game, we either need something like a 50 point half or hold them to around 25. Odds of either…are not high. 

I'd say something closer to the latter is more likely than the former. Need some kind of lock down D, limit possessions, and somehow get way more efficient with the half court offense than Baylor. 

A loss here is not the end of the world. I just want to see fire out of Texas coming out of this first half. In all honesty, I feel like we're very fortunate to only be down by 13. You look at the stats, and there's not one where Baylor is dominating, other than overall rebounding, shooting percentage, and the 3 more 3pt makes. But they're winning every single stat. Every one of them.

15 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Not mad about the score as it seemed inevitable that BU would find its groove and our 'Horns would have a bit of a letdown after KU.

But what does infuriate me is that double tech on Sochan and Brock. Brock did nothing wrong there. He was merely hustling for a loose ball. Bitch-ass Sochan saw he was gonna lose that battle, so he hooked Brock and took him down. Replay clearly demonstrates this, yet the derpy refs go to the monitor and decide double techs are warranted.

@Pancho, as our resident officiating expert, could you take a moment to explain their rationale? I recognize they wanna keep the peace, but fair is fair, and Brock was just hustling as usual.

And disclaimer: I personally don't gaf if Baylor plays great and blows Texas out by 20 or more--a call here or there won't be the reason that happened. This is about principle. What lesson does Sochan learn from the double tech other than he can get away with it again?

I’m not watching the game so didn’t see it. Typically if you give double Ts it’s to prove a point. It’s possible Brock said something as well, not necessarily at that moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

I’m not watching the game so didn’t see it. Typically if you give double Ts it’s to prove a point. It’s possible Brock said something as well, not necessarily at that moment.

Appreciate the feedback. I'll still contend it's a meaningless gesture because the person who instigated the extracurricular isn't singled out. It seems unreasonable to me to expect anyone to NOT get a bit red-assed if they had their arm hooked and then were taken to the ground.

But I do appreciate the feedback. I know fielding reffing questions is, uh, tiresome, particularly when Texas is losing. LoL

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

The guy looks smooth when he looks for his shot. Usually when the shot clock is down to 1. I'm curious what his ceiling is.

He's the kind of guy who, with more confidence, could be a huge plus for us. More upside than most of his teammates, I think. Hopefully we see him blossom as the season winds down. 

Meanwhile, one of today's problems is that we're evidently playing against TJ Ford.