Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

292246435_442059761262742_1386859760804378334_n.jpg

That trick is possible with a lot of phrases if you choose to spell the words wrong. 
And we’re going to pretend we didn’t move the apostrophe when we spelled it backwards? 

Edited by Lhorn

27 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Puking as a 9 seed is a joke.

I was never a next day puking. If I was going to puke, it was happening the night of the drinking. But glad all those days are behind me. Never really drink to the point of hangovers any longer. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

30s. LO fucking L.

It's pretty sad but bodies seem to be breaking down much quicker than they used to. Or it's just people posting about it on social media and it just seems that way but so many people in their 20s and 30s are having problems that used to only come later in life. 

57 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's pretty sad but bodies seem to be breaking down much quicker than they used to. Or it's just people posting about it on social media and it just seems that way but so many people in their 20s and 30s are having problems that used to only come later in life. 

I blame Turkey Burgers.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I have never heard anything of the sort.  I thought 40 was the new 30 and so on…  

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder if science will ever unlock the mystery of why Vic Mackey’s social media friends, of all people, are more prone to health issues. It’s a real puzzler!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Hate said:

I’ve found the opposite. I rarely get hangovers anymore. Maybe it’s because I drink bourbon instead of wine or beer?

Agreed. I think, for me, I drink about as much as I always have. but now I can afford better quality alcohol. Plus better food. I think eating reasonably healthy during the day having a nice whiskey neat or a good wine compared to Taco Bell and a 12 pack of Red Dog is probably the biggest factor. 

Not that I eat super healthy, but I almost never eat fast food anymore.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

I wonder if science will ever unlock the mystery of why Vic Mackey’s social media friends, of all people, are more prone to health issues. It’s a real puzzler!

I did not specify it was only my social media. Go to any mainstream social media account on IG/FB and you will see many people talking about these. Hence, why these memes go viral. Hence why these social media accounts post a lot about this issue with younger people. 

35 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Agreed. I think, for me, I drink about as much as I always have. but now I can afford better quality alcohol. Plus better food. I think eating reasonably healthy during the day having a nice whiskey neat or a good wine compared to Taco Bell and a 12 pack of Red Dog is probably the biggest factor. 

Not that I eat super healthy, but I almost never eat fast food anymore.

Agreed. Staying hydrated and eating well through the day is a big factor. And mixing in water while drinking (which can be hard if you are binge drinking). 

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I did not specify it was only my social media. Go to any mainstream social media account on IG/FB and you will see many people talking about these. Hence, why these memes go viral. Hence why these social media accounts post a lot about this issue with younger people. 

My guess: A much larger portion of the population is overweight now compared to 30 or 40 years ago. And I bet it's alot worse for them. But, If you're in reasonably good shape, it's probably alot better now than then. 

For instance, while I think fast is probably even more unhealthy today than it was. You have many more options to find something at least reasonable than you used to.

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Agreed. Staying hydrated and eating well through the day is a big factor. And mixing in water while drinking (which can be hard if you are binge drinking). 

That's got to be another factor for me too. In my 20's I drank probably a 2 liter of Dr Pepper everyday. Now, first thing in the morning, I drink a 12 glass of water. I might have a couple of cups of coffee, but otherwise it's only water through the day. Unless I'm drinking at night, it's usually only water then as well. 

And whether I'm drinking or not, I down 20 ounces of water just before sleep. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Victimhood is social currency in our society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

20s i thought was my prime.. still do.

30s im stronger but slower and heavier 

aint in my 40s yet... whats gonna happen? i dont even know.

Gotta stand closer to the toilet and shake it a lot more when you’re done but other than that 40s are pretty cool. 

• Haha 2

Do you though?  
Traditionally I agree but the classic story was that restaurant workers make sub minimum wage and survive on tips. 
Not sure that’s the norm anymore. Where I live even fast food is getting 16-18 per hour.    Many cities force you to pay a living wage type tax/fee built into your bill. 
That plus a lot of restaurants seem to push 15% as the floor for a tip and seem to want more like 20% as the standard. 

I still tip at least 15% at sit down restaurants or mom and pop places. I’ve almost never tipped less and let’s face it, there’s a lot of substandard service in restaurants these days.  And to save one of you assholes the effort, Im not saying restaurant work is easy or that they are richly compensated for their work.  

With regards to the meme, I don’t tip at a traditional big chain fast food where I order at a counter or kiosk and pick up my food from the counter.  I know you ballers pretend you do, but it’s not the norm. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, futureman said:

only a psychopath would tip at a fast food restaurant.  but if you’re ordering take-out dinner from a sit-down restaurant you should tip something. 

Yeah, I always tip when I pick up from a place like Pappadeaux or Pappasito's or even or favorite local Mexican joint.  I don't tip 20% though.  That's ridiculous when all they did was put your food in a bag.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I always tip when I pick up from a place like Pappadeaux or Pappasito's or even or favorite local Mexican joint.  I don't tip 20% though.  That's ridiculous when all they did was put your food in a bag.

Disagree.  Their job is to do that and it is what they are paid to do.  There is a reason there are two minimum wages.  In Texas minimum wage is $7.25/hr (hopefully getting more), but for a server or someone who is suppose to be a tipped employee it is $2.13/hr.  So not tipping bartenders or servers appropriately is a dick move, but people who get paid a standard wage (not tippped employees) are being paid to do that job.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Disagree.  Their job is to do that and it is what they are paid to do.  There is a reason there are two minimum wages.  In Texas minimum wage is $7.25/hr (hopefully getting more), but for a server or someone who is suppose to be a tipped employee it is $2.13/hr.  So not tipping bartenders or servers appropriately is a dick move, but people who get paid a standard wage (not tippped employees) are being paid to do that job.

I'm not tipping the same amount to someone that actually took my order, brought me drinks and refilled them when necessary, brought out my food, and then checked on the table throughout our meal.  It's ridiculous to tip the to-go person 20% for putting my order in a bag and possibly walking it out to the car.  I do tip at Sonic, but usually only a buck or two.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hate said:

I'm not tipping the same amount to someone that actually took my order, brought me drinks and refilled them when necessary, brought out my food, and then checked on the table throughout our meal.  It's ridiculous to tip the to-go person 20% for putting my order in a bag and possibly walking it out to the car.  I do tip at Sonic, but usually only a buck or two.

My standard tip at Sonic is $1.00, whether it’s for an actual meal or sometimes just a raspberry iced tea. 

I was never a next day puking. If I was going to puke, it was happening the night of the drinking. But glad all those days are behind me. Never really drink to the point of hangovers any longer. 

Good point. It’s a hit to the ego but damn it’s like instant relief.

I don’t remember my last real hangover either

$2-3 bucks is what I toss on no matter the price if I’m doing non fast food take out.

Well, when you do CrossFit and other exercise programs that emphasize horrific technique in order to be different, it’s to be expected. Add in the first generation of kids hitting 30-40 that overtrained a single sport year round for over a decade, with no off time.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Hate said:

My thought is if you can afford to throw a couple extra dollars on a take out meal you should do it. If you can’t that’s ok too. But those couple extra dollars from each guest allow that person to live a much better quality of life.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, LebongJames said:

My thought is if you can afford to throw a couple extra dollars on a take out meal you should do it. If you can’t that’s ok too. But those couple extra dollars from each guest allow that person to live a much better quality of life.

I hear this and generally do, but it’s also okay to acknowledge this new practice is an absolute money grab as well and is being enabled by disruptive fintech hardware like Toast and Clover (glorified iPads for SMB/cheap) and Stripe/iPad POS to where I can’t go to a donut store without being asked to tip 20% for what has always been an order at the counter and pay list price experience.

Same for any manner of these from food trucks to taco shops and everything else in between that is not a corporate franchise using an interconnected NCR type POS machine.

Edited by Vegas64
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2