Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

16 hours ago, Augustus said:

Well I was thinking less of gifts for adults and more for kids Christmas, birthday parties, etc.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And I do agree with that for kids. 

JFC, Vic. That's what the meme was about. DADS at Christmas. In what situation did you picture a bunch of adults sitting around unwrapping tons of presents?

20 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
21 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:
I don't know why we can't come up with something better than wrapping paper.  Nobody has ever wanted to wrap gifts.  Just put it in a decorative bag. 

I bring this up all the time. It's a fucking waste in all phases. Buying it. Using it to wrap the gifts. Unwrapping it because some people like my mom make it almost impossible to unwrap in an easy manner. Then discarding trash bags of it. Unnecessary. Like you said, just put in a bag. I honestly don't get the fascination with needing it wrapped. Does it make it less of a gift if you hand it to me with no paper wrapped around it? Nope. It's all the same in the end.

Bunch of Grinch-assed mother fuckers up in here.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I only wrap gifts for children under the age of 10. 

They really enjoy tearing into the paper.

That's one the "Trivial Things That Please The Shit Out Of You" things. Love watching kids and grandkids go full tornado ripping open gifts, and then falling asleep on it Ala "A Christmas Story".

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I bring this up all the time. It's a fucking waste in all phases. Buying it. Using it to wrap the gifts. Unwrapping it because some people like my mom make it almost impossible to unwrap in an easy manner. Then discarding trash bags of it. Unnecessary. Like you said, just put in a bag. I honestly don't get the fascination with needing it wrapped. Does it make it less of a gift if you hand it to me with no paper wrapped around it? Nope. It's all the same in the end.

I’ll always remember a wrapping paper story from the other site that sticks with me well. I forgot what poster said his old man bought like a 100-200 lb roll of wrapping paper in the early 80s. Since it was so heavy and his wife couldn’t pick it up to get rid of it, she was forced to wrap gifts with it for the entire decade. That’s how it’s done
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ll always remember a wrapping paper story from the other site that sticks with me well. I forgot what poster said his old man bought like a 100-200 lb roll of wrapping paper in the early 80s. Since it was so heavy and his wife couldn’t pick it up to get rid of it, she was forced to wrap gifts with it for the entire decade. That’s how it’s done

Excellent memory! I totally forgot about that guy. Legend.

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

@BearSchlong……. Maybe?