Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

Used to love Crush or Sunkist when mom would buy it as kids.  It was a rare treat to get soda beyond just basic sprite or coca-cola, so I was hooked on grape soda when I did get my hands on it.  gone in a day or two.  Didn't realize Mom was mixing it with cough syrup to get us to bed early.  But tasted great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

370216276_313363857853005_89038178857782

Invalid.  No Grape Nehi, no Grape Shasta.  When my parents took us camping, we loaded a cooler with various flavors of Shasta.  My little brothers and I fought over the grape and orange.  Shasta cola, rootbeer, and lemon-lime sucked ass, but grape and orange rocked. 

Of course, nothing holds a candle to the OG, Grape Nehi.  With a Grape Nehi and a banana Moon Pie, six year old Scheiss was in tall cotton.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

NuGrape

My parents used to buy this stuff called Cragmont way back in the day. It must have been a few cents a can because they’d buy cases of it when we’d go camping back in the 60’s early 70’s. Seems like they had 30 flavors. Grape and Black Cherry were my go to’s.
  • Hook 'Em 1

IMG_1964.jpeg.94b99558e5d48e20535eebf18f896308.jpeg

Bucking hay. Round bales made it obsolete. That summer work was probably more responsible than anything else for several generations of Texas boys building up muscle for football season. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, nnm said:

IMG_1961.thumb.jpeg.c656a44fdcdd742a46a308de828722f1.jpeg

Estimated cash value:

1. $10,000
2. $16,938
3. Likely nil for most posters on here as I imagine credit is decent. The bump wouldn't do that much.
4. $288,000. Assuming it's only two at a time. One trip a month, priced at $400 per ticket for 30 years.
5. $1,016,280. $416,100 is median home price in U.S. but you don't get to sell it, so the value doesn't matter. Average mortgage payment is $2,823 over 30 years, comes up to more than $1 million. Doesn't include anything for taxes, insurance, maintenance.
6. $36,580. BLS says the average household spends $7,316 a year on food.
7. $261,000. $185,000 for a Mercedes Maybach S 580, but you can't sell it, so the value means nothing. Average car payment is $725 monthly, so over 30 years, that adds up to $261,000
8. $387,000. The average medical cost per person in the United States is $12,900. Over 30 years, that's nearly $400,000.

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Estimated cash value:

4. $288,000. Assuming it's only two at a time. One trip a month, priced at $400 per ticket for 30 years.

free tix and you're flying economy?  Pretty sure they aren't imagining summer vacation to Ft. Lauderdale on Spirit for this one...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Free airline tickets is low for me.

Who has time to fly somewhere bi-weekly or monthly? I have time for one, maybe two if I'm lucky personal vacation trips a year. And airline expense is what? 10-20% of the cost of a good trip? You still have the other expenses every time you want to go on vacation.

I fly for "free" weekly or bi-weekly for work as it is, it sucks.

Edited by animaltobacco11

Brand new home is interesting assuming you get to choose every detail (location, build specs, furnishings, etc). A retirement home for just the 2 of us in an idyllic location that is also energy efficient w/ low ownership costs could do it.

I'd also like to know if adult beverages are included in groceries. If so, the potential to make a nice profit investing in high end wine & spirits comes into play.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Brand new home is interesting assuming you get to choose every detail (location, build specs, furnishings, etc). A retirement home for just the 2 of us in an idyllic location that is also energy efficient w/ low ownership costs could do it.

That’s what I was thinking as well.

Nothing stupid lavish, but pretty much what I’ve already had in mind. Then a few additions, like enough solar/wind for 3x the need, 2-4 weeks of battery backup, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2