Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

49 minutes ago, Spaulding Smails said:

Removing rolls is akin to removing chips and only wanting the salsa.  Plus, by removing them, you remove the possibility of a late night turkey sammich on said roll.  

I like baked beans, but I don't think I've ever had them with Thanksgiving.  So, that's my sacrificial offering from that list.

Agreed, love me some baked beans but TG is for all that other wild ass shit and I have BB with barbecue, burgers, dogs, etc etc and are not something I traditionally associate with TG (mashed taters)  Rolls are non-negotiable for reasons already stated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

This is the easiest one ever…baked beans. They have no business at Thanksgiving. They really don’t have any business anywhere at any time because they are gross, but they especially don’t belong at Thanksgiving.

I’ve never been served baked beans at Thanksgiving and I would like to keep it that way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Can I keep the stuffing but nix the cranberry sauce? That stuff is garbage and only kept around for the sake of tradition.

I think that is against the dumbass facebook shit rules or something.  Also, cranberry sauce is non-negotiable.  Made with fresh cranberries and Grand Mariner is quite different that the weird stuff from a can.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.thumb.png.1aaac242661196e90ed302d8a0db5ed5.png

That reminds me of one of my favorite Mamet movie quotes.

“There's nothing wrong with prayer. We knew this firefighter, this trooper, who always carried a bible next to his heart. We used to mock him, but that bible stopped a bullet.

Hand of God, that bible stopped a bullet, would have ruined that fucker's heart. And had he had another bible in front of his face, that man would be alive today”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Can I keep the stuffing but nix the cranberry sauce? That stuff is garbage and only kept around for the sake of tradition.

Like Peeps/Easter or Candy Corn/Halloween.

Negged. Probably only the fourth or fifth neg I’ve ever given, but negged. 

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, Hate said:

This is the easiest one ever…baked beans. They have no business at Thanksgiving. They really don’t have any business anywhere at any time because they are gross, but they especially don’t belong at Thanksgiving.

My baseline online inspection of any prospective BBQ stop is their beans.  If they serve pinto beans, I'll go.  

If they serve baked beans in any format or by any name, no fucking way.  If a place can't get the beans right there's 0.0 percent chance the BBQ will be any good.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

My baseline online inspection of any prospective BBQ stop is their beans.  If they serve pinto beans, I'll go.  

If they serve baked beans in any format or by any name, no fucking way.  If a place can't get the beans right there's 0.0 percent chance the BBQ will be any good.  

+ rep, baked beans are bullshit. Beans should be peppery, not sweet and gloppy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1