NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, Kwix said:

Good way to keep your donations under the radar if you have a spouse that would rather spend the money on meth.

Man someone threw this idea about tying it to a credit/debit card and now we’re seeing it at other places. I do like that QR view with PA announcing to donate in the stadium in the video board. 

@RGBIIIDO SOMETHING lol

On 10/23/2023 at 4:21 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Man someone threw this idea about tying it to a credit/debit card and now we’re seeing it at other places. I do like that QR view with PA announcing to donate in the stadium in the video board. 

@RGBIIIDO SOMETHING lol

That credit card thing and roundup was my idea originally...like most of this other shit other schools are doing

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I applaud the charitable work he's done around Houston. He genuinely seems like a good dude.

He really isn't a good dude. Houstonians know what was coming in through those furniture shipments. And don't forget that in his never ending self-promotion campaign a dude literally got mauled by a wild cat because of him. The recent stuff is CR so I'll just leave that be.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m doing my part!

might bump it to next level 

IMG_3521.jpeg

Speaking of next level are they still doing that tier list thing? I think it was called like Bobby Layne, etc?

$22.92 is so specific. Don't stretch yourself too thin, we wouldn't want you not being able to pay your internet bill so we can see all of your posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

$22.92 is so specific. Don't stretch yourself too thin, we wouldn't want you not being able to pay your internet bill so we can see all of your posts. 

if you donated, you'd know that the $.92 is to cover the credit card processing fees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bobby made an interesting point on Steve Sarkisians contract extension. He said it obviously can't be part of his contract but he can let CDC and others who are working on his raise know that NIL needs to increased/emphasized more from the AD side. Basically a huge commitment from the donor side. 

Thoughts on this @closetojumping @SydneyCarton @RGBIII

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby made an interesting point on Steve Sarkisians contract extension. He said it obviously can't be part of his contract but he can let CDC and others who are working on his raise know that NIL needs to increased/emphasized more from the AD side. Basically a huge commitment from the donor side. 

You're asking me if I think the athletic department should do more to hammer home to our stupid old donor base that NIL needs support? Do I really need to answer that?

My opinion of CDC is unchanged from the past several years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're asking me if I think the athletic department should do more to hammer home to our stupid old donor base that NIL needs support? Do I really need to answer that?

My opinion of CDC is unchanged from the past several years. 

Just your thought on Sark pushing for it in his negotiation after the end of the year.

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just your thought on Sark pushing for it in his negotiation after the end of the year.

Sure dude. I'd take any resource possible if it meant slapping our old shitty donors and dense AD into fucking reality. I'd hog tie you, slap duct tape onto your neckbeard in the shape of the letters "NIL SOS", rip off the tape and roll you out of a moving van in front of DKR if I thought it would get the attention of Del Conte and help him decide NIL is important. Granted, I'd do that for free regardless, but...what were we discussing? Yeah, sure, Sark should do that.  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The bottom line is that damned near every program across the country is suffering from anxiety about the portal period opening on Monday. The expectations from most players are not in line with what the actual opportunities are. There are numerous schools that have defaulted on agreements with players because their NIL efforts are coming up short. Texas has not had this happen. However, there is substantial roster attrition risk for this period. Most funds have already been committed and there is a ton of work to be done in a very short period of time. 

In order to plausibly keep the roster happily intact and continue to acquire talent, a very large gap in funding needs to be covered. Del Conte has kicked the can down the road on this stuff for two years, so, therefore, have numerous major LHF supporters. They're going to face an interesting choice here very shortly - cover the gap and keep things rolling for the program, which greases the skids for everything else athletically, or call the bluff and let the chips fall where they may regarding players testing the portal out. 

I'm not in the same boat as Sydney in regard to the disdain for what the big money has done. It's their money, they made it. If they don't want to fund athletes, ok. That said, the newness and early caution around what can and can't be done and why? and what is it? should all be gone at this point. Do you want to win or not? If not, keep doing shit that few care about going forward, such as adding some new random building for some niche concern that has your name on it. If you like winning, some of what you're giving needs to go to NIL for the football team. Don't complain when you don't give and Texas is 7-5 in the SEC next year. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The bottom line is that damned near every program across the country is suffering from anxiety about the portal period opening on Monday. The expectations from most players are not in line with what the actual opportunities are. There are numerous schools that have defaulted on agreements with players because their NIL efforts are coming up short. Texas has not had this happen. However, there is substantial roster attrition risk for this period. Most funds have already been committed and there is a ton of work to be done in a very short period of time. 

In order to plausibly keep the roster happily intact and continue to acquire talent, a very large gap in funding needs to be covered. Del Conte has kicked the can down the road on this stuff for two years, so, therefore, have numerous major LHF supporters. They're going to face an interesting choice here very shortly - cover the gap and keep things rolling for the program, which greases the skids for everything else athletically, or call the bluff and let the chips fall where they may regarding players testing the portal out. 

I'm not in the same boat as Sydney in regard to the disdain for what the big money has done. It's their money, they made it. If they don't want to fund athletes, ok. That said, the newness and early caution around what can and can't be done and why? and what is it? should all be gone at this point. Do you want to win or not? If not, keep doing shit that few care about going forward, such as adding some new random building for some niche concern that has your name on it. If you like winning, some of what you're giving needs to go to NIL for the football team. Don't complain when you don't give and Texas is 7-5 in the SEC next year. 

To be clear, I don't have disdain for the old fucks who say "I don't want to spend money on this." I have disdain for the fucks that still don't think player acquisition is tied to NIL, which is obviously tied to winning and have their head in the fucking sand. The same fucks who thought investing in facilities was a waste of money. I did enough of those phone calls before TOF was officially formed, and the hemming and hawing and bullshit was enough. I'd have a lot more respect for just a "Yeah, I don't want to fund 18 year old kids." It's the guys telling me how wrong NIL is and that wont spend money and that isn't what winning is about, while denying completely it's related to the success we are currently having, that makes me want to vomit. 

Del Conte being a bitch and not making those guys see the light for the last couple years is also fucking rage inducing to me. And to touch specifically on something you said, how the whole "what is it, can can we and can't we do" bullshit in my experience is NOT gone, and for that kind of bullshit I absolutely blame Del Conte. Becuase you're right, it should be. At this point it should just be a yes or no question "Do you want to win or not?"

I'm certainly not cheering for failure, but I sure as fuck am cheering for Del Conte to get religion and sway some of these guys to donate. Otherwise, the next moment to make change will be after a 7-5 season...then maybe the "Do you want to win or not" message will resonate more.

And the frustrating thing is, against my expectations, Sark does seem to have really created a culture kids want to be part of, and he's developing talent. Everything is there, we just need to be able to maintain an "all things being equal"  on the NIL front to get and keep players at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I am not surly elite.  Hell, I am not even Boerne elite.  I probably can't do enough to matter (from the sounds of things).  What sort of funding gap are we talking about here.  i can't donate enough to put a sign on one of the buildings, much less the building itself (something referenced in the posts).  Are we talking 10s of millions?  

14 minutes ago, Dendox said:

I am not surly elite.  Hell, I am not even Boerne elite.  I probably can't do enough to matter (from the sounds of things).  What sort of funding gap are we talking about here.  i can't donate enough to put a sign on one of the buildings, much less the building itself (something referenced in the posts).  Are we talking 10s of millions?  

Go to Texas one Funds website and setup the Bobby Layne donation level. 

4 minutes ago, Dendox said:

Not at all. 

Texas has 500k living alumni. If just 25% of them gave 10 bucks a month. we could probably fund every sport at Texas at the highest level. Granted I'm talking small dollar donations, which is a thing that's very important long term, but the AD hasn't exactly gotten the word out on that either. But to answer your question, I dont know what the shortfall is, but I'd bet that a million bucks would get damn clsoe. But to be clear, that is 100% me guessing. 

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Baylor seems confused

lol no they fucking arent

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I applaud the charitable work he's done around Houston. He genuinely seems like a good dude.

He’s all Hat and no cattle. If it doesn’t benefit business he’s not interested 

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Indiana just signed the JMU coach with an NIL promise. Won’t shock me if sarks extension was similarly designed but I wouldn’t have first hand knowledge of that 

4 hours ago, Dendox said:

You don’t need to be. You need to donate $22+ dollars a month and convince the rest of your friends to do the exact same thing or call them poor. The rest takes care of itself 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

lol no they fucking arent

He’s all Hat and no cattle. If it doesn’t benefit business he’s not interested 

Indiana just signed the JMU coach with an NIL promise. Won’t shock me if sarks extension was similarly designed but I wouldn’t have first hand knowledge of that 

You don’t need to be. You need to donate $22+ dollars a month and convince the rest of your friends to do the exact same thing or call them poor. The rest takes care of itself 

What is the 'design' of the contract we are talking about here?