2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Not that it's much consolation, but we pretty reliably suffer at least 1 post-ASB sweep to OAK in otherwise great seasons.

Happened in the waning days of 2021 when we were dragging out finally clinching the division.

Mid-August 2019 and actually marked a low point in the division race (dropped to 6 game lead). 

Suffered a 4-game sweep in early September 2017. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

And in 2017.  

Went 1-3 against them in both of the last two series in 2019 as well.  The last series was when the game before it started we spanked the Mariners 21-1 then won the first against Oakland 15-0.  Then promptly dropped three straight to these bastards.

Look at the Bennitendi trade. Maybe KC got some sort of prospect that’s going to over perform, and who knows what the future holds, but it’s basically crap. 
walk year bats are cheap. Walk year bats are cheap. If the Astros don’t get two now with Brantley looking cooked and Yuli looking cooked they will have massively failed themselves. It’s not like you are trading away Brown or Leon for these guys. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look at the Bennitendi trade. Maybe KC got some sort of prospect that’s going to over perform, and who knows what the future holds, but it’s basically crap. 
walk year bats are cheap. Walk year bats are cheap. If the Astros don’t get two now with Brantley looking cooked and Yuli looking cooked they will have massively failed themselves. It’s not like you are trading away Brown or Leon for these guys. 

That was my take away from the Benintendi package as well. Maybe the market wasn't that hot for him, but we should be able to get Bell, Contreras, and/or an OF like Peralta for reasonably cheap. I'd like to see us add an arm in the pen, but if it works out that we end up with two or three bats, I can live with that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

That was my take away from the Benintendi package as well. Maybe the market wasn't that hot for him, but we should be able to get Bell, Contreras, and/or an OF like Peralta for reasonably cheap. I'd like to see us add an arm in the pen, but if it works out that we end up with two or three bats, I can live with that. 

The arm for the bullpen should be named Brown imo. Yeah- I wouldn’t be opposed to 3 bats as having a decent quality PH in the playoffs isn’t ever a bad thing- and we are committed to rest all the way through the regular season, but 2 is pretty much mandatory with Brantley still not looking Like he’s even thinking about starting to get back, Yuli still a mess, CF a problem, Korey Lee looking not ready and Yordan being dinged. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Orioles are in a weird spot where it makes sense to keep stockpiling for the future, but trading away a fan favorite like Mullins would demoralize the fanbase that is just starting to take notice again.  

Yeah, and maybe Mullins isn't as good as he looked last year: