2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

what happened ?
After the hit machete went and talked to Pressly with 2 outs for some retarded ass reason. Pressly did not seem happy he was coming out there. Like i said wasn't gonna matter l, but just an awkward spot to go to the mound.

The Angels say they are willing to move Ohtani for 4 top prospects. That's a lot to give up, but he is no doubt a special player. Anybody on board with the Astros doing that? Would Click do it? Would be one of the biggest moves ever, if he did. 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

The Angels say they are willing to move Ohtani for 4 top prospects. That's a lot to give up, but he is no doubt a special player. Anybody on board with the Astros doing that? Would Click do it? Would be one of the biggest moves ever, if he did. 

I would be on board. It doesn't seem like a Click move but what do I know.

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm not opposed to the idea, given that guy's crazy 2-way talent. But do we even have those four prospects? Ohtani is maybe the only guy I could see it be easy to dump Hunter Brown for. Not sure who's go with him to build that package. 

9 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I don't see the Astros trading away all of those prospects to have Ohtani for a season and a third.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It's terrible. Pace with a hint of tequila. 

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Both not real tequila, it's some kind of artificial tequila flavor that is liquid smoke level bad.

It's SO BAD.  I gagged at that artificial tequila taste.

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

All 3 have the tools. Maybe they’ll push each other 

I would say that those 3 guys are all talented, and we will see if that breeds healthy competition.  You may not agree with that, I understand.

Well 2 of the guys are advanced college bats on a 2+ year development, while the other dude is a HS guy looking at 4+ years. The only time those 3 are together will be in Houston.

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Bregman and Yuli are in the lineup today. Chas and Jake are not. 

That’s a rough OF. 
Glad Bregman is back.

I think I like Peña better at 6 than 2. That lineup is just begging to have Josh Bell dropped in the 2 spot and Ian Happ dropped in the 7th spot. And Dubon fired from a cannon into the face of the sun.  With Jake and Chas platooning (or Chas full time) at the 8 spot if Brantley doesn’t come back. 

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yeah- that doesn’t sound like a guy that’s someone you should count on for anything important this year. 
the Astros rolled the dice on Brantley and Yuli and looks like they came up snake eyes on both. 
you have to treat both of them as cooked and go out and replace them at the deadline, figuring anything you get is gravy. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- that doesn’t sound like a guy that’s someone you should count on for anything important this year. 
the Astros rolled the dice on Brantley and Yuli and looks like they came up snake eyes on both. 
you have to treat both of them as cooked and go out and replace them at the deadline, figuring anything you get is gravy. 

I think Peralta would be fairly inexpensive.   

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I think Peralta would be fairly inexpensive.   

Another guy who is just way better against RHP than LHP. Looks like a perfect platoon partner for Chas. 
Any idea what his defense is like?  I’d think AZ would trade him just to get out of the $1.5 or so they owe him the rest of the year, in addition to whatever they get back. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Any idea what his defense is like?  I’d think AZ would trade him just to get out of the $1.5 or so they owe him the rest of the year, in addition to whatever they get back. 

As far as I can tell, he seems to be slightly below average in LF. He won a GG in 2019, but that doesn't mean much. 

Season Team Level Pos Inn rSZ rCERA rSB rGDP rARM rGFP rPM DRS ARM DPR RngR ErrR UZR UZR/150 FRM OAA RAA
2021 ARI MLB P 1.0 0   0     0 0 0             0.0    
Total - - - - - - P 1.0 0   0     0 0 0             0.0    
2014 ARI MLB LF 260.1         -1 -2 0 -3 -0.4   -0.8 -0.6 -1.8 -13.0      
2015 ARI MLB LF 982.2         -6 -3 5 -4 -2.5   2.7 0.7 0.9 0.6      
2017 ARI MLB LF 403.2         1 0 3 4 0.8   0.5 0.1 1.3 5.3   0 0
2018 ARI MLB LF 1202.2         -1 -2 2 -1 -3.9   5.4 -0.9 0.6 0.8   1 1
2019 ARI MLB LF 806.0         2 -1 6 7 -0.3   6.1 0.4 6.2 9.5   1 1
2020 ARI MLB LF 380.1         0 -1 0 -1 1.1   2.7 0.4 4.2 12.9   1 1
2021 ARI MLB LF 1074.2         -4 1 3 0 0.0   0.7 0.6 1.2 1.2   4 3
2022 ARI MLB LF 599.0 0       -3 -1 3 -1 -1.8   2.8 0.2 1.2 1.7   4 4
Total - - - - - - LF 5709.1 0       -12 -9 22 1 -7.1   20.0 0.9 13.8 2.8   11 10
  • Hook 'Em 1