2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I think pretty much all Seattle cares about right now is not missing the 2022 postseason. 

You try qualifying for the playoffs 4 times in 45 seasons despite signing Edgar Martinez as an undrafted free agent, drafting Ken Griffey, Jr and Alex Rodriguez, and trading Mark Langston and Mike Campbell for Randy Johnson.  This takes talent especially since MLB expanded the playoffs to include all the wild cards.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You try qualifying for the playoffs 4 times in 45 seasons despite signing Edgar Martinez as an undrafted free agent, drafting Ken Griffey, Jr and Alex Rodriguez, and trading Mark Langston and Mike Campbell for Randy Johnson.  This takes talent especially since MLB expanded the playoffs to include all the wild cards.

Damn, I agree.

they're so bad you don't even mention Ichiro. That really says something

16 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Damn, I agree.

they're so bad you don't even mention Ichiro. That really says something

LOL well Ichiro never got a chance to play with Arod, the Unit, or Jr as they were all gone by the time he showed up.

I guess I should have mentioned him because he did lead them to THE GREATEST SZN EVARR!!!

Even though they still didn't make the World Series.

23 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

LOL well Ichiro never got a chance to play with Arod, the Unit, or Jr as they were all gone by the time he showed up.

I guess I should have mentioned him because he did lead them to THE GREATEST SZN EVARR!!!

Even though they still didn't make the World Series.

Im not saying it says something about you, just drunk.  But says something about how bad the Mariners are. I love how our current division rivals have wasted generational talent (Ichiro, Trout, Ohtani) in the past 20 years. I get what you are saying though. Mariners historically have sucked but traded the future for player for a year in hopes to not finish 12 games back from us. Fucking embarrassing if you ask drunk me

5 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

traded the future for player for a year in hopes to not finish 12 games back from us.

The Mariners have no designs of catching the Astros.  This trade all about staying ahead of Cle, Bal, Bos and CWS for a wildcard spot. 

Our race is shaping up to be quite dull. Huge division lead, even bigger lead for 1st round bye. The only interesting incentive is the race against NY for the potential ALCS home field advantage 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Looks like a low-level minor league cater going to the Dbacks.

Yep. 19 year old in rookie ball, killing it though. 980+ OPS, with more BBs than Ks, and a perfect 5/5 on stolen bases. 38% CS% at catcher. Plenty of tools, looks like a great get for both teams.

This would be a solid move if there’s any truth to it.

The Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Rays are reported to have discussed trades for José Urquidy, José Siri, Ji-Man Choi and Josh Lowe.

https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/report-houston-astros-tampa-bay-rays-discuss-ji-man-choi-jose-urquidy-jose-siri-josh-lowe-swap

This would be a solid move if there’s any truth to it.
The Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Rays are reported to have discussed trades for José Urquidy, José Siri, Ji-Man Choi and Josh Lowe.

https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/report-houston-astros-tampa-bay-rays-discuss-ji-man-choi-jose-urquidy-jose-siri-josh-lowe-swap
I'd want better than Choi if I'm trading Urquidy, who has the ceiling of a #2/#3 starter
  • Hook 'Em 3

I think it is hilarious all these national dudes keep saying NYY have to get another starter and it needs to be Montas because he has shown he can beat the Astros

Lmao okayyyyy. Yeah he won the last game he pitched against us because we sucked ass not because he was dominant

1 hour ago, APMP said:

I'd want better than Choi if I'm trading Urquidy, who has the ceiling of a #2/#3 starter

Well you’d also be getting a former top 50 prospect you debuted this year. He’s admittedly struggling, but he was a first round pick when Click was in TB, so there’s familiarity there.

34 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I think it is hilarious all these national dudes keep saying NYY have to get another starter and it needs to be Montas because he has shown he can beat the Astros

Lmao okayyyyy. Yeah he won the last game he pitched against us because we sucked ass not because he was dominant

Please please please let them get Montas

sonny gray part 2

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lowe was primarily a CF in the minors. Tampa only plays CF in their OF it seems.

That’s why those duckers are so aggravating to play. Remember 2020 where they ran down every line drive we hit, except for the ones they. Didn’t have to move for because we hit it right at them? Still have scars from that one. 

38 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He’s 8-5 against us with a 3.4 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP. Not bad but hardly cryptonite

44 minutes ago, runthebone said:

He meant we need a good CF.

You aren't getting one for Urquidy, to go with a potential platoon 1B for Gurriel. Not to mention Lowe had great numbers in AAA the last year and half. Just needs more ABs in the MLB to see if it can translate. 

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

You aren't getting one for Urquidy, to go with a potential platoon 1B for Gurriel. Not too, mention Lowe had great numbers in AAA the last year and half. Just needs more ABs in the MLB to see if it can translate. 

Sounds familiar. Seems like we already have 3 of those.