2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I like Lee's athleticism for the position. I hope he figures out the other stuff, because the Astros haven't had an athlete of this caliber since Ausmus. Shit, I'd take Ausmus level offense (slightly more power numbers) from Lee.

Edited by HtownHorn

17 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I knew you'd rush to his defense. And I believe at least most of what you say about Meyers is true, or is likely to be. The question thus is maybe more "when" than "if." I just don't think we're going to get that much positive out of him in the short term, given the shoulder issue and all. I'd rather have a veteran in that spot while our title window is wide open. I think that even includes Dubon. 

Agree completely. This year is a wash and t eh should just move on. There are some things though that when you see you can’t un-see it and you know it’s in there. That’s how I feel about him hitting 3 right center field 400+ foot bombs his first week up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Fucking hose job on 2-1 to Alvarez. Changes the entire complexion of the bat and inning. Robot umps. Robot umps. Robot umps. 

Imagine how good Yordan is going to be when they use robo umps and ban the shift

Just now, Mitch Hedberg said:

Jake Myers has no business on a major league roster right now. Definitely not a playoff roster.

Siri is so much better as a PR/defensive replacement since Jake’s arm is broken. If Siri gets dealt Jake should probably make the roster as defensive replacement and pinch runner, but he should not be allowed to bring bat or batting gloves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Siri is so much better as a PR/defensive replacement since Jake’s arm is broken. If Siri gets dealt Jake should probably make the roster as defensive replacement and pinch runner, but he should not be allowed to bring bat or batting gloves. 

Huh?

why would we carry a postseason defensive replacement with a broken arm?