2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Huh?

why would we carry a postseason defensive replacement with a broken arm?

If Brantley is back he could PR for him and be better defensively in LF than uncle mike. Or just PR for a catcher late in a tie game or down 1. Think fisher scoring the winning run in game 5 of the WS. 

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, how difficult is it to understand that Stanek and Maton are not to be used in late/close situations. Both walk too many batters for that situation.

We have Dusty Baker who is a fucking idiot and will be a major reason we won’t win a WS this year. 

This team just looks so bad and disinterested offensively sometimes. It’s almost like losing 4 core guys to FA and Age/ injury in the last year and a half has left a mark. Really need an offensive talent infusion at the deadline badly. Don’t care about record- this offense isn’t good enough as currently constituted to win a WS. Outside of pure blind luck. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This team just looks so bad and disinterested offensively sometimes. It’s almost like losing 4 core guys to FA and Age/ injury in the last year and a half has left a mark. Really need an offensive talent infusion at the deadline badly. Don’t care about record- this offense isn’t good enough as currently constituted to win a WS. Outside of pure blind luck. 

Bullpen needs an arm as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

I’m sure something will happen in the next 48 hours to help this team, but it’s an improvement to a 100+ win team.   As currently constructed, this team can beat anyone.   Everyone was sucking each other’s popsicles a week ago.  

The offense has been a problem all year that’s been acknowledged by everyone since @slorchhas given up on asking me if Yuli is an average hitter after every successful AB, sometime in May. 
Feels like there’s only 2 guys that are going to consistently hurt you in Altuve and Yordan, and in the playoffs Yordan will just get pitched around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You’re acting as if Click is worth a damn as a GM and not the lousy replacement to Luhnow that he really is. Click and Dusty will be the reasons why we lament the fact that this team will have won only WS. Get rid of both of these losers now.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

You’re acting as if Click is worth a damn as a GM and not the lousy replacement to Luhnow that he really is. Click and Dusty will be the reasons why we lament the fact that this team will have won only WS. Get rid of both of these losers now.

I’m still a bit partial to pulling Grienke as to why this team only has one WS

Edited by UTexasFight

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That arm should  be Hunter Brown. He’s free and more talented than anything on the market. But yeah- one of the downsides to winning 2 out of every 3 games is your high leverage guys are pretty busy 

Especially when the offense is struggling to put away teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The offense has been a problem all year that’s been acknowledged by everyone since @slorchhas given up on asking me if Yuli is an average hitter after every successful AB, sometime in May. 
Feels like there’s only 2 guys that are going to consistently hurt you in Altuve and Yordan, and in the playoffs Yordan will just get pitched around. 

Wish we had a GM with the stones like Atlanta’s GM last year with the moves he made at the trade deadline. Instead we have stand pat Click. 

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Uh, Lunhow and Hinch blew it 2019. Didn't get a LH reliever when the team needed one, and left Cole in the bullpen in game 7 when he should have been the 1st guy out.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I’m no Click fan. I’ve had to stop bc I was irritating people on here. I think he’s got very tiny tiny nuts and lacks boldness and clarity of vision. That said- it’s beyond obvious something is getting done in the next couple days. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Uh, Lunhow and Hinch blew it 2019. Didn't get a LH reliever when the team needed one, and left Cole in the bullpen in game 7 when he should have been the 1st guy out.

You know you’d give your left nut to have both of them back. I sure as hell would. Can’t stand Dusty or Click. Fucking losers.

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Go away.

at least save it for aug 3

That was the promise I made after what I was downing as a very shitty off-season. Said I’d give him an incomplete until the deadline. I have to think he gets something done. Multiple something’s. Because to not do so would be criminal level malpractice. And I don’t think he’s a bad GM. I think he’s just not super creative or daring or risky, and I was comparing him to the best in the business imo that came before him. But, it’s not a tough ask to improve this team at the deadline, the cost shouldn’t be very high (walk year bats are cheap) there’s no doubt what we need, and he’s got the tools to get it. I’m sure we will be fine. 

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

You know you’d give your left nut to have both of them back. I sure as hell would. Can’t stand Dusty or Click. Fucking losers.

Luhnow maybe, but he nearly fucked up in 2017 on Verlander and had to be told by Crane to make the trade for Greinke. He was much better at making moves on the edges than Click so far, but he was also blessed with Altuve, Springer, and Martinez to start his rebuild.

Hinch is an average manager, blessed with a team with an immense amount of talent. He blew it 2015, but thought he learned his lesson when he stopped pitching his bullpen almost completely in the WS, only to tank it again in 2019. Likely going to get fired in Detroit after spending all that money and being a worse team than the year before.

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You serious? We're rolling along, as you'd expect this team to do with Carlos Correa... But without Carlos Correa and without LMJ...

What do you want? 163-0?

• Hook 'Em 1